eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Stripe alternative?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaniebabytreasure

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Stripe alternative? Reply with quote

Stripe won't let me use my account, this had been earlier this year.

But I refunded all the customers, and don't have any disputes.

I got several sales over a few days, didn't see Stripe dashboard quick enough because I was new at the time. Stripe held all my funds, so I couldn't at the time afford to ship out the orders. Now I can, but Stripe won't allow me on.
Is there some other way??

I told Stripe I check messages 1-3 times per day, and would input tracking numbers for shipping out, in under 24 hours. They didn't care.

These are difficult times, these sales had worked, but isn't there some other way to accept credit card payments??
I found all my sales came from Stripe, not Paypal. Question
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripe does everything they can to protect the card holders, and that is the way it should be. Just like PayPal held my funds in the beginning so did Stripe. They both do this for few weeks until they get to know everyone using their platform. This builds some level of trust. Stripe now sends my funds just like PayPal; I usually get funds within 24 - 48 hours. The internet world is about building trust.

Whenever a buyer makes a purchase, I always ship the very first available business day. You did not ship, so you still have your inventory. Stripe returned the card holder funds. All is well, no-one is hurt (except Stripe) (they lost their commission). This is a learning curve. The seller and the buyer where not hurt, both of you are well.

I have never had a problem with Stripe or PayPal, ((they also protect the seller.)) I have had issues, which involved PayPal and Stripe, on all occasions, I was found to have fulfilled my end of the contract, and in all instances - I received my funds.

It's always better to do the right thing. The honest thing; even if I lose. It's better I quit Stripe than Stripe quit me. Don't you agree?

As far as getting back in the green with Stripe, I do not know, you may have lost their trust? Maybe they will take a phone call from you. I have talked to them on the phone several times. I believe it is best to stay in communication with everyone that helps me to do business.

eCRATER has several different pay methods, PayPal, Stripe, Check, Money Order and COD. But I find PayPal and Stripe work the best. Checks bounce, COD comes back and freight money is lost. That leaves Money Orders - I am sure your guess will be as good as mine about money orders.

Last edited by 2tip3py1 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate posts. OP You have already started a thread about this.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaniebabytreasure, asked the exact same question in both places, I could not think of a different answer. So I answered it the exact same way as well.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2tip3py1 wrote:
beaniebabytreasure, asked the exact same question in both places, I could not think of a different answer. So I answered it the exact same way as well.

Which is why I addressed the duplicate post to them, not you.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, it's all good.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@beaniebabytreasure, sorry you are having a problem with Stripe. I'm afraid eCRATER only allows PayPal and/or Stripe as a method of accepting credit cards. A buyer does not need to have a PayPal account in order to pay with their credit card via PayPal. The eCrater Terms of Service don't allow sellers to offer any other payment method other than the ones mentioned in your admin. Other sellers have also requested other payment methods, but at this time we have to work with what is currently allowed.

Stripe has always held funds for new Stripe users. I'm sorry you were unaware of that fact, but a number of marketplaces on the internet also hold a sellers funds for a period of time. I think PayPal still holds funds for new PayPal users also, but I'm not sure. It hurts when you are getting started, but it protects the buyers as 2tip2py1 explained. You might want to add a note to your terms and/or FAQ pages that a buyer doesn't need a PayPal account to pay with their credit card through PayPal.

You might want to add some information to your text pages to tell buyers a little bit about yourself and your terms of service. The search engines check those pages so it's a good place to promote your business.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, what is the most commonly requested alternative? Since customers aren't required to have a PayPal account to just use their credit card, I don't understand what the issue is. Especially since they still have their card customer protections in place.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripe still holds my money a week and I've had my account for years always in good standing. Recently they offered me immediate transfer of funds but as I understand it, there is a fee for that service. Since I won't starve if I have to wait a week for the money, I have left it alone.

I find it terribly difficult to find anything on stripe's website so I prefer PaPal. Even when PP changes things around I can find my way without too much problem.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did do some instant payment for free for a while at the beginning of the pandemic. It seemed like all companies were reaching out to help us out, even my car insurance gave us $10 credits for a couple of months since we were driving less. But as this has lingered onto forever, I think the companies can't afford to keep doing this. I have gotten my Stripe payouts within about 24 hours anyhow. What I did like was when PP did the instant transfers as usually, it took 48 hours to get my money.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Stripe about month past started depositing my funds in 24 to 48 hours. I did not select any fast pay methods. So there are no additional fees.

However, in the beginning with Stripe, I surfed around their site, reading and learning about their platform. I did (in the research surfing) select the pay everyday method, which they offer. How to get back there; I've no idea. But it is there, if you want to surf around and find it?

Now I get funds Monday - early Thursday in 24 to 48 hours, sales that come in late Thursday & all day Friday thru Sunday pays on Monday or Tuesday, which works fine for me.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of September I changed how I was doing my deposits as I had been downloading PP and Amazon money every Monday and Friday and of course, Stripe downloaded my money automatically. I wanted to get a better grip on my finances and with some weeks or weekends being slow and not well paying, I couldn't always depend on the money each time to be big enough to pay one of the larger bills. So I started downloading the money every two weeks on Monday and the day after the end of the month. I end up with a lot larger deposit that feels like an actual paycheck. Since I quit endicia, I have been using PP for my postage and so I don't usually have any money left after paying all my eCRATER postage. But after a super booming 2 weeks on Amazon a couple of weeks ago my deposit was just about the same as my SS check! Was that ever nice. I like doing it this way!

I think we all have to find out the best way for ourselves how to handle out deposits. A few years back I emptied my Amazon account daily as money was so tight. I was so glad I had been grandfathered into the place where I can get money out every 24 hours. But I don't like doing it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: