eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

USPS annual rate increases, eff jan 24th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject: USPS annual rate increases, eff jan 24th Reply with quote

All the various files are here …
https://pe.usps.com/PriceChange/Index

For most people, the Notice 123 is what you want.

Enjoy, or cry, as the case may be.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.00 for for up to 4 oz package rate.

I could send most of my patterns at the regular first class rate at under 2.00 but that would not include tracking. I used to do that until I was burned too many times from customers claiming they never received their package.

I guess it is time to charge up the global editor to add on a few more pennies to the cost of postage!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to look at page 17 which gives the commercial rates which I think a lot of us use. My heart went back into my chest when I saw those rates. Not nearly as terrible as my first look. I have gotten so used to using commercial rates, I didn't realize what the non-commercial rates were or how high! One of the joys of being a seller, is the ability to print out discounted postage. I had become the 'branch' post office for my MIL and cleaning lady. Not even so much for the lower rates but the convenience of getting it done and knowing the rate is correct. I even helped them to repack things. My MIL wanted to return some shoes and for padding inside she had used old catalogs like from LL Bean. I took all those out and used air pillows which took her weight down around 2# on the package so she got that discount and the commercial rate besides and she didn't have to go stand around at the PO either. But she is gone now since my FIL died she moved to live with one of her other sons.

I about had a heart attack when I first saw those rates as they seemed to be in outer space!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
I could send most of my patterns at the regular first class rate at under 2.00 but that would not include tracking.

Where are you seeing the $2.00 rate ? Large Envelopes (Flats) have a maximum thickness of 3/4". If you are within that limit, then yes.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Items I sell are under 3/4" thick. The $2.00 is approximate. I never used to make my postage label back then. I always went to the post office and just purchased regular first class postage. You can see these rates on page 40 on notice 123. This page also shows the measurements.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was busy. So I wasn't able to check the prices closely. I sat today to work a package from Australia. Now I saw the increase of prices from the USPS. Shocked

Now I understand that sale from Australia. It was cheap S&H for the buyer. Laughing

After making the package. I proceed to update all my S&H based on the USPS last increase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: