eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Cancelling a sale - PayPal payment REFUNDED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stampman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Cancelling a sale - PayPal payment REFUNDED Reply with quote

PayPal funds refunded - how do I cancel the sale?

Customer inflated the quanity of the item, which I did not have.
order 4981776
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the money was refunded I would not ship the package.
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the funds are refunded & that shows on the order page and if no further actions are applicable on the order page, does that not indicate there is no sale and effectively "cancels" the sale?
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that is a correct statement. Plus I would definitely send message to buyer why they were refunded, because not enough stock, and I would give inventory list hoping to sale what was in stock.

Last edited by 2tip3py1 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancelling a sale - PayPal payment REFUNDED Reply with quote

stampman wrote:
PayPal funds refunded - how do I cancel the sale?

order 4981776

Once you have refunded the buyer, it shows up in your sold items listing under RF and you do not have to do anything further. I would advise you to NOT delete this order from the list but keep it for a long while (a year at least - I never delete any of my orders) so you have proof of what happened, in case they come back in a month or two or six asking where their order is.

I don't understand how they could have inflated the quantity of your item that you had unless they ordered and paid for it more than once in a row within a few minutes. It is faster that the PP and eCRATER computers can tell each other than the one and only item has sold. Or whatever amount that you had. Otherwise there is no way for a customer to change an amount of how much they are buying.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Stripe triple-charge my customer on the same item, meaning she ordered 3 when I only had 1. They were all separate charges, so I was able to simply refund her the two extra and ship the one item she ordered. If yours is a single order of 3 identical items, couldn't you simply refund her for the items you don't have (and any extra shipping) and send her what you do have? If you think it will be a problem order, you can give the customer that option via email before doing anything. Of course, you should notify them of any actions you do take.

Of course, I realize the refund has already gone through, but it's something to consider in the future.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cancelling a sale - PayPal payment REFUNDED Reply with quote

stampman wrote:

eCRATER limits the quantity the customer can order to the quantity that you specify in the listing. If you left the listing quantity blank, then eCRATER interprets that to mean you have an unlimited quantity. Please check your listings to verify that you have specified a quantity.

I picked one of your listings at random, added it to my shopping cart, and changed the quantity to 15. As it approved the quantity change, I suspect you have no quantity entered.

https://stampman.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=15803067
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch Cosmic. I never even thought of that but that is the only way a customer can add in more than what a seller has.
MysteryLaneBooks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cosmic!! If you forget to list quantity, the listing shows "10 or more" available.

Yesterday, I listed a signed first edition and missed setting the quantity. Luckily, there was no Google feed today.

I just finished doing a quick proof reading of all my 64 listings. I should of been doing this for each new listing. Proof reading is not one of my strengths!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MysteryLaneBooks wrote:
Thanks Cosmic!! If you forget to list quantity, the listing shows "10 or more" available.
This depends on the template you are using. With the template you are using, yes it shows the number of quantity available. If you are using the original templates like the OP the quantity doesn't show. After the buyer clicks buy now they can change the quantity at checkout. It does appear the OP has left the quantity blank.
HouseofFigurines

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like eCrater now has a delete order on the order section of your store.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HouseofFigurines wrote:
It looks like eCrater now has a delete order on the order section of your store.

There has been one, for unpaid orders (which tangentially includes orders paid via non-immediate methods).
HouseofFigurines

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
HouseofFigurines wrote:

There has been one, for unpaid orders (which tangentially includes orders paid via non-immediate methods).

You're right.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any order that does not get paid for, I would never delete so that when someone writes you and says where is my whatever, you can find their order and see that you got no payment. I have had many that order a pattern from other sellers here and so when they realize that they didn't get it, rather than having kept the order information, they just look for who might have a copy which usually I have a copy and so they then write me and ask where is it. Generally without any info such as when bought, their name, address, etc. But because I do not delete orders, I can tell with a little searching that they didn't buy it from me (too bad as they would have gotten it) and so not knowing who they ordered from I send them to the eCRATER team to help them figure it out.

If you delete orders that are unpaid for, etc. You can not say for sure a month or more after the fact that someone didn't in fact buy something from you as so have taken away any evidence.

If someone pays multiple times and has to be refunded , I do not delete those either as I want to see that, yes, I did refund them. At this point I have not heard that after a certain amount of time we have to delete orders, I leave them. Keeping them is more beneficial to me than deleting them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: