eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

hello,new here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
intheshadecollectables

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: hello,new here Reply with quote

hello i'm new here i've just began listing product.

i have a wide variety of collectable item's in many different catagories

from vintage to new.i have been selling on e-bay for several years,and at local flea markets,and decided to expand into another platform.

my two questions are how will i be notified that i have made a sale? and how log is the usual wait for payment to be recieved.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how will i be notified that i have made a sale? - you will receive notification via email message

and how log is the usual wait for payment to be recieved. If payment is via PayPal, the payment will be processed in the usual manner to your PayPal account and if the payment is via Stripe, that payment will be processed to your bank account as per your banks processing.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Doing a quick once over on your store …

Unless you REALLY want to ship COD, go disable it. Quickly!

You have Media Mail enabled. Please understand that you cannot limit that by listing. As it appears less expensive, you should expect buyers to choose that, even for products which are not eligible for Media Mail. Turn it off, unless you entire store is Media Mail appropriate.

Your About, Terms, Contact, and FAQ are all empty. Please populate them with appropriate contents.

Good luck !
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER I hope you do well. If you are willing to take suggestions, those of us that have been selling here for awhile can help you.

When someone purchases one of your items and pays via PP or Stripe. That money will be available in your account immediately. Assuming you have used PP in the past, you can get to that money immediately when you ship your item. With Stripe, they will pay you out and it is fairly quickly once you have been using it for awhile, but you generally don't have to ask them for the money, they will send it to your bank as soon as they can. New users it can take a week or two or three (I can't remember how long it was) until they see that you are for real. Many times my payments at this point are on their way to the bank before I process the order. So for the most part, you can get paid immediately. Besides checking for emails from eCRATER for orders, you should check everyday at least for an order in case you may have missed one. Also, double check with PP/Stripe that you did indeed get paid.

As to your shipping and what others have already mentioned, here is what is considered media mail:

Using Media Mail
Here's what you can send:
Books (at least 8 pages)
16-millimeter or narrower width films
Printed music and test materials
Video and sound recordings
Playscripts and manuscripts
Printed educational reference charts
Medical loose-leaf pages and binders
Computer-readable media
NOTE: Video games, computer drives, and digital drives do not qualify for Media Mail prices.

Of note, I don't believe that means comic books, or anything with advertising in it such as a magazine.

While you haven't asked, I would like to remind you that your titles can be 100 characters long. That is your most valuable 'real estate' that you want to have as many descriptive words about the item for sale as possible. You may have up to 10 photos per listing. Your description can be as long as you want and needs to thoroughly describe your item. You need to be sure that each of your items have unique titles, such as for your milk caps (the two you have listed have identical titles). All your listings will appear in both your own store which you need to promote as well as in the eCRATER Marketplace. Searches in the marketplace are title dependent, so you want to have the key words in your title that makes that listing unique.

I realize that you have not asked for help, but I would like to make one suggestion as you are starting to build your store, get the date stamp out of your photos. Google doesn't like stuff like watermarks (I don't know how they feel about dates) in photos, but more than that, do you really want your buyers to know that you have had this item for sale for 14 years? They may simply think that if no one else bought it in this time, then there must be something wrong with it and pass it on by as well.

To look truly like a professional seller, please use appropriate capitalization and punctuation in your listings.

Please feel free to ask any question. We do try to help new sellers become a success here as that helps all of us grow and be successful sellers.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello intheshadecollectables, and welcome to eCRATER, I myself, have not been here very long, (it will be year in April, I think) when I sell an item through PayPal, if the sale is before 3:00pm, and I take care of business, the funds move to my account (usually) by 7:00am the next day.

If I make the sale through Stripe the funds are (usually) sent to my account within 48 hours.

It took several months for them both - and both held my funds for short period of time, I think it was a trust building time?

When you make a sale, you'll get an email titled ((( noreply@ ecrater.com ))) I print my shipping labels with PayPal system. It's pretty simple. This is not like eBay, you have to work here on eCRATER, but I love it here. I too, sell on eBay but it is much better here on eCRATER, you'll see, just keep adding items.

I like the way you have laid out your categories.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome intheshadecollectables.

You are a fellow Collectible Seller. I will give you some recommendations. In eCrater, technically all the traffic is from the search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, etc). eCrater doesn't have a "slave" membership of buyers.

1) Use the photo, tittle and description to the max. I mean to the "max" to get the best of it. I check around your store and many of the items have a big lack to exploit the photo, tittle, and description.

Example this comic book, Spawn #1. In the tittle. Is Image Comic or Spawn#1?
https://intheshadecollectables.ecrater.com/p/38226354/image-comics

My recommendation use the format below and change related to your item.
Example:

Tittle: Marvel Metal (Fleer) Iron Man Card ##
Description:
Marvel Metal 1995 (Inaugural Edition)
Avengers Card ##: Iron Man

Condition: Near Mint (NM)
Brand/Manufacturer/Comic Book Publisher: XXXXX
Year: 1995

About the photos. The "2007", long time ago I didn't see photos with the stamp date. It is up to you, but as "collectible buyer" is difficult to me try to go for a item with 13 years ago photo. For the Comic Book in polybags, please get new ones, so buyers don't see the "Clearance label". And for the background. Try to consistent with the color (great idea of the gray tower), shot angle (depends on item), and avoid the surroundings in the room.

2) About Media Mail. Agree with fellow sellers. You need to check it. There is some items that aren't allowed to ship by this service. Example the Model Car Kit.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

https://intheshadecollectables.ecrater.com/p/38244712/walt-disney-lithograph-print

Using this print as an example:
Your title should indicate the subject of the print. If it is a reprint then it is not a lithograph. You must be very careful selling Disney and other licensed products.

Your photos all need to be redone. They look accidental, not displayed for sale. Remember you have 10 photos per listing. I think you must be very tall and are shooting from an downward angle. You need to shoot from a direct front view. Also many of the photos are blurry and out of focus.

Measurements for pictures should not be approximate. You should list measurements for the actual print and also the total measurement with the mat.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best ways to get all the details for something flat is by scanning it if your printer has that capability. I have run into pattern sellers that takes their photos with the pattern on the floor with a dog's snout only a couple of feet away. But almost impossible to see any details because of the distance. I personally would not want to buy a pattern that had been laying on the floor of someone's house, but that is just me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: