eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Former fragrance collector, new to eCrater! (sort of)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunflower93

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart! I’ll keep that in mind when I receive feedback. I have had some sales but so far nothing yet.

On days where I don’t have much energy, or simply forgot to thaw out everything I need the night before, I would just “throw things together” too. I almost always have ingredients left over from prepping meals. A little of this and that, never quite not enough for a complete meal. This week I had about 1/4 a can of spam, maybe 1/2 cup left of sweet peas and a few bites worth of cooked rice in the fridge. I cut up the spam, added bit of molasses, soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, added the peas and rice, all fried up in some butter and served with scrambled eggs and soup for breakfast. Simple, but tasty!

I try to have various broths (store bought and homemade), pre-seasoned meats and poultry, and sides (veggies, grains, legumes) and soups at any given time. Nothing fancy but it’s enough to avoid having the exact same meals over and over in the same week. The most difficult part for me is pairing up what goes well together, but even that has gotten easier with time. At this point I can probably go about a week, maybe more, without prepping any food. Just reheat or cook, then serve.

I used to bake with sourdough almost daily (very addictive); I definitely encourage everyone to try it at least once! It’s simple to make your own, and much more flexible and versatile than traditional yeast. Ever had sour dough cookies? Sourdough pancakes? Nothing else like it. Because it takes longer for the dough to rise, it’s harder to overproof and gives the dough more time to ferment and develop flavor. It IS possible to make your baked goods too sour, however. Don’t ask me how I know. Embarassed

Even though I don’t bake with it as often as I used to, I still always keep a small jar of fresh starter in the back of my fridge when I crave sourdough. take out what I need the night before, feed it and it’s ready the next day. I have a bunch of dried starter made last year, I wouldn’t mind sending some your way. It will need to be “revived” (not dead, just dormant) and get it going for a few days before baking with it. A strong healthy starter is the key to a great loaf!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sunflower93

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new question. It seems like unless the buyer provides the correct email address at checkout, there’s no other way to contact them regarding their order? I had one buyer purchase from me, and despite the email being linked to their Paypal account, I can’t seem to reach them at all. It’s been a few days now, of course it could have gotten lost in junk folder, or was seen and ignored completely, but say it never reached them at all, is there an alternative?
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always pay for tracking. It's only .23 cents. There is a reason I do this. It keeps everyone honest, even the post office.

Last edited by 2tip3py1 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:31 pm; edited 6 times in total
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if the post office loses a package, (that has tracking) with no added insurance, anyone can claim up to a 50.00 dollar loss and the P.O. will cover it.

I have never gotten lucky enough for the P.O. to lose one of my packages. But I still live in the hopes, of one day, getting a 50.00 check from the post office.

Also, whenever there's a dispute, no matter the reason. if you have tracking on the disputed item/package; having the tracking weighs heavily in the sellers favor.

All of this for only .23 cents, what a bargain.
sunflower93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all my years of selling, I have never had a lost or untracked parcel. Tracking has always been free with shipping. It’s just that I’m used to keeping communication with buyers, and it feels odd to not be able to do so. In the event I have to cancel an order, I would hate to “suprise” the buyer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And if the post office loses a package, (that has tracking) with no added insurance, anyone can claim up to a 50.00 dollar loss and the P.O. will cover it.

That is only true for Priority mail. They insure those package up to a certain amount. But media and FCM? Nope.

Tracking is not an extra cost anymore. If you ship a FCM package and your package size fits the parameter of being 1/4" thick, you automatically get DC, All Priority gets it as well as media mail, but it has been a long time since I shipped anything via media. We used to have to ask and pay extra for the DC, but no longer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems like unless the buyer provides the correct email address at checkout, there’s no other way to contact them regarding their order?

Unfortunately true. They do have a phone number listed if you want to call - I don't. I don't have a cell phone with free long distance. I always send emails that their order has shipped. If it bounces back, I will look at the email address, and sometimes I can fix it if it is obvious like @homail.com, @ yaho.com, those sorts of things.

The times I really hate the bounced back emails when the person is asking me a question about something in my store. I have at times taken up to half an hour researching their question, only to have it bounced back. I do mention in my TOS that they need to double-check their email address as I answer ALL questions, but I doubt that they read that.

To use eCRATER people do not have to register and that is part of it. Although even if they did, it wouldn't stop them from using the wrong email. Same as them signing up with PP using an address from 5 years prior and they expect us to sort that out and repay to reship their package if it bounces back - something I will not do. The good thing here on eCRATER is they don't fully refund a package that had a wrong address. They don't refund anything. It is all between the buyer and seller.
sunflower93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn’t see a phone number in the order, just the email. Oh well. The only way around that would be to only allow registered members to purchase, but then I suppose it would reduce the amount of sales as a result, wouldn’t it...

I should mention, I was able to reach the buyer by looking up their email address and finding them on a different platform. They were more responsive there. I hope that helps someone.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I ship first class, (everything) my packages most generally arrive within 2 to 4 days, including Alaska and Hawaii. There have been some exceptions of my packages arriving, as late as 8 days, due to changing weather patterns, and this ugly covid business.

USPS on the PayPal site gives the option to add tracking; it is .23 cents. I always add tracking. Here on eCRATER in the last 9 or 10 months I have had 3 disputes. All three were buyers, which claimed their child used their credit card to buy my stuff, so they felt like it was wrong to pay me for my inventory. I disputed all 3 and will always dispute all further thieves.

I showed Strip my tracking information and within few days, (I Won that dispute). Two disputes with PayPal, again I gave PayPal the tracking information and within 48 hours, I won both PayPal disputes.

I always add tracking, don't know if I am ahead, money wise, but I did stop 3 thieves from stealing from me. And I like that so much, I am ROTFL.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you are being charged 23 cents for tracking. I just checked again to see what mine says on my page when setting up an address and how it is shipping and weight, etc. It says that tracking is included for a 4 oz FCM thick envelope. Perhaps your envelope isn't a 'thick' one? I know my prices are right as they go right along with the Amazon ones for the same price and zone. The only thing that I can think of for you to pay for tracking is if the package you are sending is under 3.3 oz and isn't 'thick'. But I didn't think that they were eligible for tracking.

Not trying to start a fight here or anything, but would hate to think that you are paying an extra fee that you don't need to. It doesn't matter on my postage if the payment came through PP or is a Stripe one that I am sending using PP for the shipping label.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just printed an eCRATER label not more than 5 minutes ago. I have shut it all down. Here are the logistics. Package goes to Story WY. 4oz, total cost 3.12 with .23 cents added for tracking. That is First Class. I will take a snap shot picture on the next one to show.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really weird, as I use it all the time and it just says tracking is included. Including the Package I sent to WY that weighed 15 oz. My first WY order for the year. WY folks must be buying!

Here is the postage info for a package I sent the other day to Kansas for a total of $3.12 using PP postage.

Your Payment
Gross Amount-$3.12 USD
PayPal Fee$0.00 USD
Net Amount-$3.12 USD
Total Shipping Cost$3.12 USD
Insurance$0.00 USD
Insured Value$0.00 USD
Delivery confirmation$0.00 USD
Total Postage Value$3.12 USD
Shipment details
Shipped
9400128206335xxxxxxxxx
USPS
First-Class Mail® Parcel (2-5 days)
Package/Thick Envelope 3 oz.
Delivery confirmation required
No signature required

You may want to contact PP and ask them why you are being charges for tracking as that went by the wayside several years back.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I was thinking also. Tracking is included on the First Class Package rates.

I was hoping Tip was talking about the regular envelope mail. It would be nice to add a 23 cents to our small items we can send in an envelope.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPal itemizes the charges on the link where I print the label. The .23 cents is part of the 3.12. However, it is listed separately. I will look into it.

Order #: 5024614
Order Date: 03-01-2021 01:10
Paid Date: 03-01-2021 13:10
Ship To: Mic
Fish Hatchery Road, Story, Wyoming 82842
United States
Email: mail.com
Phone:
IP Address: 168.103.247.18

Your Payment
Gross Amount-$3.12 USD
PayPal Fee$0.00 USD
Net Amount-$3.12 USD
Total Shipping Cost$3.12 USD
Insurance$0.00 USD
Insured Value$0.00 USD
Delivery confirmation$0.00 USD
Total Postage Value$3.12 USD
Shipment details
Shipped
USPS
First-Class Mail® Parcel (2-5 days)
Package/Thick Envelope 4 oz.
Delivery confirmation required
No signature required
February 28, 2021 at 4:00:00 PM PST

Last edited by 2tip3py1 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:04 pm; edited 6 times in total
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will make contact and look into it tomorrow. And post anything I find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: