eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Former fragrance collector, new to eCrater! (sort of)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunflower93

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you get some answers tip.

The last time I paid for tracking was years ago when they still called it “Delivery Confirmation”. I think it was an extra .60, .75 cents or something per package. I remember how they kept increasing the prices for it so I had stopped buying it for personal packages.

I buy shipping labels through Paypal now, and it’s been free for all first class and priority mail packages I’ve sent, not optional like it was before.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It use to say .23 cents for the tracking, now it says tracking included. Here's the thing, repetition, I print so many 4 - to - 15 oz labels, I am supper fast at it. I simply have not paid attention to the USPS rewording in the label area. The cost has stayed; pretty much the same. That's when I notice things, when the costs change. I think it is all still pretty much the same.

Well really it was costing about 2.89 per package last year, this year the average has been running around 3.20, so it has increased about .30 cents or so. I'm not one to quibble over a quarter. If the labels go to 3.75 or more; I will have to make some kind of adjustment. But as it is, (it works for me) I have tracking and that's what I want. I am convinced, tracking keeps the crooks at bay.

That's not to say, I am un-aware that 100,000 quarters, would just about pay for a very nice, little, used Jeep. Because I know, if we watch our pennies, the dollars will take care of their selves. Still I will make contact with PayPal.

Email note to customer
Shipping information
Carrier name

USPS
Service type

First-Class Mail® Parcel service (2-5 days)
Package type

Package/Thick Envelope
Package weight
oz.04
Package weight0pounds4ounces
Irregular Package
Additional details (optional)
USPS Tracking® (Included)

Last edited by 2tip3py1 on Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That increase was a mail increase. I ship almost 100% FCM and between the postage rate increase and the new shipping zones, that is why your items have a different shipping cost, not due to a tracking cost.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sunflower 93

Quote:
I didn’t see a phone number in the order, just the email.

Oops, sorry I missed this. If the buyer gives a phone number, it will be right below their email address and above their IP address. They don't have the hyphen between sets of numbers, so it doesn't jump out at you that it is a phone number.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always shipped first class, (not one single package Media) and I have always insisted on tracking. I have never had lost package. But I live in hopes.

I will figure it out. If PayPal owes me 100 quarters, I am sure they will make it right. And I want my quarters back.

Besides all that other business, games do not qualify for media, on top of that; media mail just about doubles shipping time, plus all I save by going media, is what - 2 quarters. And the complaints will quadruple. I hate complaints.

That's why I offer, no questions asked guarantee on everything I sale, all a buyer has to do - to get a full refund or exchange. Send my stuff back. I want them to have some skin in the game too. If it turns out, a game, dvd or music cd is bad, I cover their return freight. Otherwise, buyer pays return shipping
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ sunflower93 Welcome to eCRATER! Sorry for the delayed welcome, but it is a sincere welcome.

I saw where you were having a problem contacting a buyer. Since buyers don't register on eCRATER, the only information we have is the address and email they give when they checkout. If they pay via PayPal, and they have a verified PayPal account, be sure to check their PayPal email address. However, buyers can use PayPal on a "guest" account using their credit card. This is great on one hand since buyers don't have to have a PayPal account to buy on eCRATER, but, on the other hand, there is no backup when they enter their information incorrectly.

If you find you have to cancel an order, even if you are able to contact the customer, don't delete the order from your order page. That way you have a record on eCrater when they contact you several months later to inquire about their order. If I had to cancel an order and didn't have a valid email address, I'd drop them a note in the mail regarding the cancelled order to explain the reason for the cancellation.

Congratulations on your first order. Hope it's the first of many more to come!

Regarding "Enable inventory control" there is one more fine point to mention. The inventory control only works if the checkout is used with an electronic payment. If you have a reason to complete an order that does not go through the eCrater checkout system and electronic payment, you will need to adjust the inventory manually. This would be the case if you accept a check, money order, complete a special order via a PayPal invoice for special shipping, etc.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you find you have to cancel an order, even if you are able to contact the customer, don't delete the order from your order page. That way you have a record on eCrater when they contact you several months later to inquire about their order.

Absolutely excellent advice. I don't delete any order as that way I have a record in case someone writes to me and wants to know where their order is. I can check my order history and see that they never ordered from me, I just happen to have what they ordered from someone else. IF they had ordered from me, they could have finished their project already! Laughing
sunflower93

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@SheilaDeesPostcard

Thank you for the welcome and help, both are much appreciated!

I always keep order records for as long as possible for that reason, you just never know. The buyer’s Paypal address matches the one on the order, but I assume it’s inactive and they do not check it. While I understand wanting to avoid unsolicited emails, keeping in contact with a seller benefits the buyer as well. I wish more buyers would realize this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: