eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Domain Verification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gangentertainment

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Domain Verification Reply with quote

Hi, I'm trying to link my ecrater shop to my business instagram, but it needs to verify that I own the domain thru the Facebook business suite before I can do that. There are three ways to verify your domain - DNS Verification, HTML File Upload (uploading a file to the site's root directory) or Meta-Tag Verification where you add a meta-tag to the <head> section in the homepage html. Is there a way to do any of these things with an ecrater store, or do I need to look at setting up a custom domain?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that you can do any of that as you don't own this domain since eCRATER does, nor can you change your meta-tag, etc. I have never been to Instagram as when I first heard about it and went to look, you couldn't even sign up without using your cell phone which is weird. I don't have a cell so I left. I don't know if that is still the rules (using your cell phone), but I know anywhere where I want my eCRATER link to be seen, I copy and paste my homepage link to wherever I want it.

I'm not the computer expert. Perhaps if she has time and knows Sheila might be able to help or one of the other sellers on this forum knows how it works. I just know that this issue or similar ones have shone up before and weren't workable, such as our link from Pinterest. I figure if anyone on Pinterest wants to see my store it takes about a second less to copy and paste the link than to click on it! LOL

Hope you get it figured out and if you do, please comes back and tell us how to do it. TY
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: