eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Updating Quanitity Issues on Website - Anyone else???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CreativeKeepsakes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Updating Quanitity Issues on Website - Anyone else??? Reply with quote

JUst wanted to see if anyone else is receiveing comments about the updating quantities issue similar to what I am getting.

I sell Personalized Stationary, Invitations and party favors and it is easier to sell things individually and let the buyer get exactly what he need rather sell in sets...

Having said that. I am getting comment/question after question that the qty. always returns to 1 when they finish with the check out.

I have even done the transaction on my end (WHICH WORKS CORRECTLY BTW) and emailed them the confirmation and gave instruction for payment via the link on the bottom of the confirmation.

I guess my question to anyone is - is it that user unfriendly? Or maybe are my particular byuers that unfamilair with shopping on the web?

I have asked each issue if they had indeed clicked on "UPDATE QUANTITIES".... I am still waiting for a response.

Any suggestions on what I should do? - I'm open. I think I'm losing sales because of the issue.

Would it be too hard to move the button to above the "PROCEED TO CKECKOUT" button?? I don't know.

I have even had orders come through as 1 where the buyer didn't catch it Smile

Thanks Much! I really appreciate it!
greateranointinggifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you listed your items did you put how many of the item you had in the maximum quantity field. For instance if you have 5 of an item you would put 5.

I hope this is what you were asking.

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
CreativeKeepsakes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding.

I did put a maximum of 100 on some, but I thought that was just to limit a person to buyinga certain amount. I didn't use it on all of them because they are printed on demand - so I can print an infinate amount.

Here are two of the responses that I have received. Maybe I'm reading them wrong. Someone's perspective would be great.

"Hi, I feel like I'm being alot of trouble. I followed your directions and filled out info again. When I got to check out it had changed my order from 22 to 1. I does thi every time."

and

" This isn't working - every time I put the amount of 40 in the box and fill out all the info it comes back with the quantity of only 1. I did it over 5 times and isn't working???/ can I call it into you?"

HELP. Are they NOT clicking on the UPDATE QUANTITY correctly? What do you think. Could it be because it is off to the left and they don't see it. I would wonder if it was the MAX setting, but when I input the info they give me - it works for me. Are there directions that I should put on my site for them to see it. I just don't know.

Thanks much for all your input - I GREATLY appreciate it!
-Kristen
greateranointinggifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

I contacted ecrater concerning the max quantity.

View this topic

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=302

Thanks,

Sheona
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about max qty is it does NOT automatically lower itself. SO if you put in 100 it will always think you have 100 available even after you sell 75 of them.

ON THE ORDER, sounds like the buyer is not updating quanity. Why don't you go to the item yourself (since you know which item it is) and do an order for yourself and see if it's working. If not use the contact us form and report it.

It does sound like the buyer might have a problem.

The solution - IN MY OPINION - is just send them an invoice for what they want.
CreativeKeepsakes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI. Thanks for all of the input. I definately know it is user (BUYER) error. I actually have been entering the info in and creating the order for them and it works fine for me. I was just wondering if it was happening to anyone else and if it was - what could we do as sellers to help educate our buyers to make sure we provide an easy and enjoyable buying experience. (I might just be getting the Newbie's to online shopping - LOL)

I didn't know how hard it would be for eCrater to move the "UPDATE QUANTITY" button to above the checkout button. Just a suggestion.....

While I'm here..... it is just me or anyone else - when you go to pay for your item via Paypal - the description info a blank field that is editable by the buyer? It is not automatically enter after the transaction.

Thanks much! I appreciate all your OPINIONS. Its great to bounce back and forth ideas and concerns.
-Kristen
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it seems like it might be a good idea for the "Change Quantity" button to be more visible to people who aren't looking for it but I'm not sure how to do it.

Ideally, the best fix would be for the customer to not have to manually update the quantity, but instead for whatever button they hit next (Proceed to Checkout or Continue Shopping) to automatically do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: