eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Free Traffic Builders - Traffic Swarm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lightspeedspcsupply

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Free Traffic Builders - Traffic Swarm? Reply with quote

Not sure exactly how acturate or helpful these truly are, but decided to check a few of them out over the last few weeks.

First i signed up for is Traffic Swarm:
http://www.trafficswarm.com/go.cgi?679021

there site is reporting 120 views, or "clicks" so far,. for every site you view, adds a credit, and a site view for you,, at least they say anyway. i've signed onto about 6 of these so called traffic builder,, there free.

all 6 i have my ecrater store address, and website setup with these programs. i can't tell how many actual "store hits" i'm actually receiving from these programs,,, some say these are "auto bots",, not sure,, But what i can say over the last 2 weeks is:

if the product views within the store are accurate,, they have jumped BIG time over the last 2 weeks. whether someone is actualy clicking my links thru these programs or not,,,, don't really know. but,,,,,,, 6 sales for me in the last 2 weeks is a big jump for me,, and the actual item views is showing tremendous jump within the last 2 weeks also. keeping in mind, that these traffic builders are setup to view my main store front page, ecrater, and other pages........ and ther has been a big job in item views for me, so IF they are coming from these sites, a few of them could be actually clicking thru, or viewing the store items.

but if your like me,, i'm just clicking thru to gain credits, not even actually viewing most of these sites ...LOL

just thought i'd post a thread about it, been looking into other ways of advertising the store and ecrater, during the last 2 weeks like crazy

i've posted the squidoo liinks that i have setup, ecrater store, ecrater.com, and variuous other google pages i have setup arounf the net including blogs,,, all have setup as url's with these trafifc builder programs

another one that seems to have some promise is
LinkReferral.com
http://www.linkreferral.com/adwel.pl?oldrefid=102936
this one you gain credits, and search ranking by actually viewing 30 sites per day, and writing 5 reviews on sites you have visited. and is also a link exchange to build incoming links on your web pages etc. the difference with this one is,, you actually view the site, and write a quick review, and a 1-5 catagory ranking, the more you frequent and view, and review, the higher your site moves up

the whole point of this, is just trying to get your site, your store out there, and i'm trying every methoid that i can find.
lightspeedspcsupply

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update/Followup,,,, 3 more orders overnight! have had more sales in just the last 2 weeks, than the last 3 months combined

i know there are going to be some that might disagree with these "traffic programs",, but from what i have seen the last 2 weeks since i started clicking away on these traffic builders, building up free credits, for free advertising,, it seems to be working right now for me anyway.

you need to choose a catagory really good when setting it up,, they say they "target" your site to the others?

i paid one month for 10,000 hits on my ebay store a few months back, was the biggest month i had in sales, the following month i didn't go with it, sales dropped off, signed on the following month for a smaller package,, didn't really notice a difference that particular month though.

it's either the traffic builders i have been clicking away at, OR the other directories, http://blinlist.com, or http://www.technorati.com/

http://topix.net
free on line classified listings, my computer business, is showing up on google thru this listing, along with website, and ebay, and now ecrater store

http://craigslist.org
another free classified listing site, have a few items posted here also, posted 4 ad listing on my website and pc business, and posted 3 ad listings on my ecrater on line store also!

www.oodle.com
another free classified listing site

along with the squidoo lenses

not even a week after posting a few items in the on line classifieds, i recieved an email, from someone about 30 miles from me, that came to me, and purchased 5 pc cooling fans from the on line classifieds. i was shocked!
i just did it just to see what if anything would happen! and it did!
alltreasures

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Traffic Reply with quote

This sounds good to me, but would be interested in what others think about these sights. Anybody else use these traffic builders?
lightspeedspcsupply

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more sales since the last post,,,
average item views in store have tripled so far for this month. whether it's coming from these traffic builders or not, don't know, but as stated have the most sales in the last 2 weeks or so than he last 3 months. the main thing here is getting your store out and visible, there are other things i'm doing also....

i've setup about 5 "Google pages" with Google Page Creater, all about computer accessories with pictures, and link to store at ecrater

http://pages.google.com/

some of these free traffic builder allow you to enter up to 5 url's to advertise as a free member. i setup up one of these traffic builders with all
5 of google pages i created also. the others i have rotating between, my ecrater store, ecrater.com, website, squidoo pages, etc. also shows at some of these "builders", you can setup the "hit" ratio's between the multiple url's your have setup with them for "views". meaning i have the ecrater store set at 75% views, website 25%, and the rest auto splits the hit ratio's,, so they say anyway.....

i know one of these traffic builders is showing, advertising my sites for sure, after about and hour of clicking and building credits for views,,, both my ecrater store and website both came up in front of me on 1 of the clicks i did during that hour.

have these builders setup in firefox in all separate tabs, i'll click away for 20 minutes or so, minimize firefox, surf with IE, leave the house, maximize fire fox, click for 15 minutes, etc so whenever on in front of the pc,,, like right now, i have IE & firefox both running with the traffic bulider sites open and running in firefox only.

some of the sites that do come up thru these builders DO look like the most SCAMMIEST sites i have ever seen though....LOL. these builders must filter some of the possible crap from these sites,, my AV, and spyware programs haven't lit up, or found anything while clicking thru them
lightspeedspcsupply

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 more sales since last post,,, but i'm doing alot more on top of these free traffic programs. if i keyword the squidoo title pages right, there showing up on the first page of google. and i have several squidoo pages all keyword, title just about the same.

free directories, google pages, squidoo pages all submitted also. freeon line classifieds,,, working hard to pick my traffic up here,,, with hopes to move out of feebay soon
JJsNovelties

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to surf traffic exchanges. There is a network marketing forum, it's advertised on some exchanges. I posted a question there asking which places were best for advertising my store.

People were very honest that the traffic exchanges are more for advertising traffic exchange and income making deals. One person, however, did suggest Traffic Swarm might helpful.

I enjoy making banners and text ads and see which ones get clicked on. So far, I'm not very good at making attractive banners.

I've got a pretty current list on my freewebs site of the TE's I like and why. Check it out. I know the whole site needs some updating.

http://www.freewebs.com/jjsnovelties

Jan B.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cuppatea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both, good info! Helps to have someone talk about results and share experiences. Nice list on your site JJ.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
alltreasures

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were so right on traffic swarm and traffic splash. I signed up for both only a week ago and have had more traffic then I've had in months and a sale today. Thanks for your info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: