eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is Anyone Selling Anything?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Is Anyone Selling Anything? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Hi y'all! Is anybody selling anything or is it just me? It has been so long since I have had a sale I feel like there must be cobwebs on my site. Confused It is the same on eBay and iOffer. Is it the rising prices of gas, milk, etc. or what? Anybody got any ideas? I would also like to ask if any of you know anything about the number of views. I can look at them one day and a few days later if I look, it will be a 0 or a number less than it was when I looked at it. As always, I thank you in advance for any advice or answers that any of you can give me. June
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think its the time of year for me, but I sell collectibles and vintage items. I've been working hard trying to get the name out there, I can see an increase of lookers, but no takers, but that's ok too. I read on another forum that in October things really start to get going - which makes sense - it's the start of the holiday season. JMO - Dawn
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this similiar topic
unusually low hits - why?
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3923
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks Big Tall Men's Clothing! Reply with quote

Surprised Hi, I knew you would come through for me. I read all the others on the link you gave me, dummy that I am I just didn't think of it being summer. I am also a flea market dealer on the weekends and last weekend was the worst one that I have had. So, it is back to being patient. Laughing June
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the slowest summer I've had in ten years. But when you look at the gas prices, and groceries..my DH is a real estate agent and yo wouldn't believe the number of repossessions nationwide. It's the economy, I imagine. That doesn't mean our expenses got lower, though, does it? We just have to hang on.

One thing about it..I went to an estate sale this morning, a lady who does them regularly. They were the lowest prices I've ever seen her have on things. She said people now just want to move the stuff quick, so they can sell the house before the interest rates go up anymore..plus it has to be cheap to sell at all, right now. That's to my advantage and I have a carload to show for it! I didn't even go for myself, but for a client, but the prices were too low to pass up. So we have to take the good with the bad, and I stock up when it's low to have when the shopping picks up. It's always been that way online, dead in the summer, compared to fall and winter.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now my sales have been great... but.... I sold all ceiling fans & this is that time of year.
So I think it's not only summer & everyone is out & about... but it depends on what you sell.
Also... maybe people are spending more money on vacations... weekend outings etc. They are not shopping so much.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of the above is true. However my sales seem to come in spurts on ecrater and always did. I get all excited when I have sales every day for a few days and think a corner has finally turned and then it dries up for a week or so. Overall, however sales for May and June have been higher than they were all winter and early spring.
runninghorsetackshop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Can't Complain About Sales "They R Up, Feedback Reply with quote

Hi Everyone I Just Wanted To Add My Two Cents In About Sales.
I Opened My Store Here Last August .
I Am Thrilled With What I Have Sold Here So Far !
My Sales Are Picking Up Fast.
People Are Constantly Checking Our Store Out.
Most Of My Sales For This Year Have Been Thru Ecrater.
I Have My Own Website, That I Have Linked My Ecrate Store, Too.
My Website Has Been Up And Running Since 2001.
Only 14.95 A Month...
I Also Have A Feebay Store.
Been There Awhile I Do Not List Much Stuff There Anymore
Because Of The Fees.
That's Ok Because It Helps Also To Keep My Name Out There.
The Sales There Are Totally Off This Year.
I Have Sold Only 3 Items On Feebay.
Anywhere I Can Leave My Website ,I Do.
My Items Only Attrack A Very Narrow Margin Of People
"Equestrians And Trail Riders.
We Sell Horse Tack. Riding Clothes
Both Custom And Off The Rack.
This Type Of Venue Is Great.
Placement And Timeing Is Everything.

J.DeCelle
Running Horse Tack Shop Very Happy

runninghorsetackshop
http://www.runninghorsetackshop.com
http://runninghorsetackshop.ecrater.com
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Wow! You people are so nice! Reply with quote

Hi, I am glad to hear from so many of you and know that I am not the only one. About house prices, I finally put my old house up for sale after working on it for 4 years and wouldn't you know it, just as I did the bottom fell out of the housing market! I just lowered the price and I am still hoping. But, the average time in Georgia that a house is on the market right now is a little over 8 months (I listed mine in January) and this time last year it was about 3 months! But, I will keep hanging in there on eCrater and elsewhere. Thanks to all of you for your great input. By the way, have any of you ever heard of SewBid.com? Laughing June
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And see isn't that odd about the housing market - its booming all over the place down here - new sub-divisions, new homes. But Roswell does stay about 5 years behind everyone else in the real estate market - . Sorry June I've never heard about that web site - Dawn
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow for me too for the past month. Sold some Confederate Jasmine Vine seeds last week tho. Otherwise, buyers come in spurts. Think it is slow for everyone for a variety of reasons.
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Someone Told Me! Reply with quote

Hi, Someone told me about the site I am looking for. It is Loudfrog.com and I have just set up a store there. You can have as many stores as you want on it. How many can you have in eCrater? I also opened an account on SewBid.com, just thought I would try it. It is so nice chatting with all of you! eCrater has a lot of great people. June Very Happy
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sales here have seem to be increasing each month. The last few days has been a little slow.
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: That's Great! Reply with quote

Hi, that's great news. I am thinking about maybe lowering some of my prices and see if that will help. Surprised June
geniebrastraps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have no sales so far and i'm beginning to wonder if i ever will??
My sister is selling the same straps in Spain, about 10 a day.

http://geniebrastraps.ecrater.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: