eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP,MY STORE IS RUNNING BUT NO ITEMS ARE FIND IN SEARCH..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wholesale-express

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: HELP,MY STORE IS RUNNING BUT NO ITEMS ARE FIND IN SEARCH.. Reply with quote

Please help me, when i go to the main store at ecrater and search for my items,no items comes up,but if i log into my account under my stores,all my items are thier and it show no hits,can some one please help me understand why my items are not showing up in the main search in the home page,i dont understand why its showing up in my store,but not on the main ecater store..my store is wholesale_express please help me with this please get back to me so i can fix what i need to do to get it up and running..
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
please help me understand why my items are not showing up in the main search

Read the terms of using ecrater.com
http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

3. Posting Information on eCRATER
3.4 All products from affiliate websites will not be posted to Froogle. They will not be included in searches in the main eCRATER marketplace and will appear at the bottom of the respective categories. Affiliate website is a website provided with products, images and texts from another company to sell their products. Dropshippers and distributors are considered as affiliate too.

I can tell by looking at your product that you are using a dropshipper and are distributoring items for that so-called wholesaler. Therefore the above applies to your store.
wholesale-express

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: hello, its me again Reply with quote

what can i do to fix this so my store can get up and running again.im new to this so its hard for me to understand some of the internet talk.thanks
TheyGrewAgain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my take on the policy.

In a nutshell, you're acting as a middle man and don't own or posses what you're offering for sale on the site.

You're dropshipping instead; meaning you get an order, then you place an order with your supplier to ship it for you.

Now, if you actually bought these, took an actual photo yourself of the item for sale and shipped it yourself, that would be different.

by not indexing stores like yours, the searches won't be flooded with identical items from multiple middle men who are distributing for the same wholesaler.
wholesale-express

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: hello, Reply with quote

i did a search and thier are other stores that are selling the same items that im selling and thier items are being search tho the main page,if you go and search some of my items and then go and search on the main page for the same item you will see that they are selling the same items that im selling i dont understand why that would be defferent,one of the stores that is selling some of the same items is a moderator,but thier items are comeing up they must be doing dropshipping to...
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all done manually. Your store has been marked affiliate - the others must not have been. You can use the contact form on ecrater.com and make them aware of it.
The way I understand it - the items appear but are at the end of the list that comes up in a search.
RodsHomeDecor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To : BigTallMensClothing,

I have had an ecrater store for well over a year now and it's really been a real WASTE of time actually !!
My items also do not show up in the main ecrater search because I've been told that I have been MARKED as an affilliate site !!
Anybody who is a seller has a supplier and YOU are no different !
Some people have the financial ability to CARRY inventory when others like myself turn to DROPSHIPPING !
You may buy your items from different sources and actually have it on hand but it's STILL the SAME principle !
THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH DROPSHIPPING !!!!!!!!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RodsHomeDecor - why you yelling at me? I'm just attempting to explain the terms of using this site.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod's Home Decor,

If you think there is no difference in drop-shipping and owning/managing all one's inventory, I would like you to come to my house and follow me around for a while.

I search for the items I want to sell and buy them, bring them home, lug them up a flight of stairs from the garage, clean, repair, photograph, store them, carry them financially for months or years till they hopefully sell, then pack them, insure them, drive them to the post office, and pray they arrive in one piece. If the items never sell, I lose totally. If something gets knocked off a shelf and shatters, I'm out.

I haven't had a home since I began. I live in a veritable warehouse. The only chair not loaded with items waiting for the camera or to be listed or packed is the one I sit on when I can get the cat to sit on the floor. I've worn out 4 digital cameras and two laptops.

You on the other hand insert a CD into your computer a few times a year and check your email once a day, send the occasional email when you sell something. Your closets are your own, your desk is tidy. If your store is a failure, you can quit or try a new supplier. If I decide to quit it would take me 6 months just to pack and tote everything to the local charity shop and bankrupt me in the process.

You can get by with using a public computer, don't need a camera and don't worry about the neighbors falling asleep smoking and burning your house down destroying your inventory in the process. You don't need a car for your business and never break a fingernail packing a box.

Hmmm! What were you saying about there being no difference?
chinesesilk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT is one AWESOME reply I've read, EVER!
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Rod's Home Decor,

If you think there is no difference in drop-shipping and owning/managing all one's inventory, I would like you to come to my house and follow me around for a while.

I search for the items I want to sell and buy them, bring them home, lug them up a flight of stairs from the garage, clean, repair, photograph, store them, carry them financially for months or years till they hopefully sell, then pack them, insure them, drive them to the post office, and pray they arrive in one piece. If the items never sell, I lose totally. If something gets knocked off a shelf and shatters, I'm out.

I haven't had a home since I began. I live in a veritable warehouse. The only chair not loaded with items waiting for the camera or to be listed or packed is the one I sit on when I can get the cat to sit on the floor. I've worn out 4 digital cameras and two laptops.

You on the other hand insert a CD into your computer a few times a year and check your email once a day, send the occasional email when you sell something. Your closets are your own, your desk is tidy. If your store is a failure, you can quit or try a new supplier. If I decide to quit it would take me 6 months just to pack and tote everything to the local charity shop and bankrupt me in the process.

You can get by with using a public computer, don't need a camera and don't worry about the neighbors falling asleep smoking and burning your house down destroying your inventory in the process. You don't need a car for your business and never break a fingernail packing a box.

Hmmm! What were you saying about there being no difference?

Ditto!!!!

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://periwinklesemporium.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
http://thejewelchest.ecrater.com
RodsHomeDecor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There REALLY is No DIFFERENCE !!
You sell your items, I sell my items !! (no luck on ecrater)
Everybody has their source for inventory and everybody has the ability to make a choice as to stock inventory or NOT stock inventory !
Just because you put yourself through all that to find items to sell is YOUR CHOICE and everybody has the option to go that route if they want to !
If I could afford it I would keep some items in stock on my own but that's pretty risky actually !
What I'm TRYING to say is that however a seller gets their "stuff' whether it's handmade or wholesale we're all here to TRY to accomplish the same thing "MAKE A FEW DOLLARS" !!!
Ecrater is NOT by any stretch of the imagination an EXCLUSIVE COMMUNITY although some would like to see it that way !!
A few of the store owners here would make ecrater a better place all around if they were a little friendlier !!!!!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what any of us think about drop shippers.

It's the terms of selling here. That part of the terms has not changed since I came in 2005.
RodsHomeDecor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If dropshipping is such a big deal how come ecrater did'nt prevent this in the beginning ?
I guess, in order to be looked upon as a regular seller here I'd have to do away with any dropshipped items huh ?
Not a hateful person, just don't understand being treated this way !!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If dropshipping is such a big deal how come ecrater did'nt prevent this in the beginning ?

It's been in the terms since the beginning.

Think about it --- ecrater.com is basically a shopping cart with free hosting.
If you promote your store - it don't matter what you sell or if you use a drop shipper.

The only real difference is that ecrater.com does not included drop shippers in a google feed - so you can do that yourself - which inturn is better for you because then they come directly into your store and NOT into ecrater.com where they can get lost in another store.

So it's not in ecrater.com searches. If you are promoting your store your customers never go to ecrater.com and they won't be searching there.

My customers come to my store from MY PROMOTING habits. Sure some come from the feed that ecrater.com sends to google BUT not many.

I - ME - I worked to get MY URL to come up on page one of Google, Yahoo and MSN. YOU can do the same thing! It takes work and lots and lots of it!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: