eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Banned??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amorfatalis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Banned?? Reply with quote

So I guess they banned me already??? I just signed up and didn't even know what I was doing... Now I can't even put anything up, it won't show.. OK!!! I guess I might take my business somewhere else.. ??

So many requirements that could just be solved with a Publish option and showing the Terms to New users.. *sigh* What a pain. I didn't even realize my site was public and it wasn't even started yet and they ban me?

I don't want to send them an email because now I wonder.. are they always going to do this because of minor little things?? I've never made a web store before. Sorry if I did something wrong, but I didn't even realize my website was public yet. I just signed up a few hours ago..
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So many requirements that could just be solved with a Publish option and showing the Terms to New users

They are published -
http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
You agreed to the terms when you signed up for a store.

Quote:
I didn't even realize my site was public and it wasn't even started yet

Your store is started the moment you open it. You have to put it on hold.

The crawler that looks for things probably automatical put your store on hold. You need to use the contact us form - http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php to find out what they problem is. It could be that the automatic crawler made a mistake and a simple email will get it fixed for you.

Quote:
they always going to do this because of minor little things??

I have been here about a year and a half. I have never had a problem. Guess it depends on what minor little things you are referring to.

GoogleBase and Froogle have rules regarding test items and such. eCrater.com has to follow those rules or risk the ability to list there. eCrater.com has to look out for all the sellers as well as themselve. SO some rules are not direct from eCrater but are based on google rules.
amorfatalis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They are published - "

Yes, but I mean the site should not be open the minute you sign up. You should have to open it, to "publish" it. And the terms are published but also not in an obvious place for new users.

"Your store is started the moment you open it. You have to put it on hold."

Ok, but this just does not make sense, darling. It makes more sense to have to open it than to have to put it on hold. Do you not think so? But anyways.. Everything's fixed now. Smile

I think my main point is this is a silly little inconvienience that could keep happening to new users and could be prevented with a simple, minor alteration. The thing is that anyone can just sign up and start testing out the site without knowing anything, which was just what I did. But no matter. Problem fixed. For me anyway.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem a bit odd that a new store owner has to immediately put the store on hold rather than working to get it ready and then opening it up. Why would it default to being open if there are no products?

Of course, maybe there's an explanation in the TOS but I haven't looked at those in a while...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: