eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Inventory Control Added
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowseeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It works with Paypal and Google Checkout. For seller's protection it does not work with other payment methods. If this was allowed the buyers could have been able to "hide" your products by placing non-paid orders.

I am glad to see you finally have inventory control, but I really DON'T understand the logic of the above statement. If someone comes to my store and goes through the checkout and says they are paying me then why does it matter if I hide the item or the system hides the item? Either way the item has to be hid until it's paid for or not paid for unless this is an attempt to force all sellers to either use Pay Pal or google check out.

My point here is there is still the confusion and you haven't solved our problem ..... one of the members is experiencing this already. Having something that works half way is not solving the promblem IMHO.

Why assume buyers are going go through check out and not pay for an item? Once they go through checkout they are committed to buying the item....right??? I have sold several of a popular item on here already....quite a few of the item were paid by check or MO and no one who completed the checkout did not pay. If they changed their mind they contacted me and asked me to cancel the order. This half working inventory control doesn't make any sense. Either way...if a buyer says they want to buy something if you are a responsible seller you put the item on hold...right???

Is anyone else wondering about this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I NEVER considered an item SOLD until I get paid. the inventory control feature appears to work that same way. IT's not sold until you get paid. If the buyer instantly pays then the system will lower the inventory and the seller needs to do nothing.
If the buyer does not pay instantly, the system has no way to know if you ever get payment or not so it does nothing.

Quote:
Once they go through checkout they are committed to buying the item....right???

How do you figure that? There is not committment on either side until payment is made. MANY people will put items in shopping carts in online stores and never complete the purchase.

Quote:
if a buyer says they want to buy something if you are a responsible seller you put the item on hold...right???

NOT me, not until I get the money. I do not hold items for anyone. Either you buy it and pay or it's not sold until the payment arrives.
rainbowseeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the buyer does not pay instantly, the system has no way to know if you ever get payment or not so it does nothing.

The system isn't interested in whether I get paid or not.....or it would have some way of allowing me to cancel an order that was committed to be paid with a check or MO and isn't. All I want is my item hid when someone says they are buying it.....how the person pays for it is no business of the system. If it doesn't hide the item than it leaves me legally open to being sued for breach of contract should I not be able to send the item to the buyer when he sends his check and I receive it. When you push the button to complete checkout you are making a commitment with a seller and a seller is agreeing to sell an item to a buyer......it's a legal contract.

Quote:
MANY people will put items in shopping carts in online stores and never complete the purchase.

Your item is not removed from the inventory until the checkout is completed so what is that above statement in reference to? Until then a buyer can take it out of their cart and nothing changes in your inventory. At least everywhere else on the net that's the case. Confused

It appears you are trying to make us all knuckle under and accept pay pal or google checkout. That's the only way you can make this new inventory control work.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The system isn't interested in whether I get paid or not.....or it would have some way of allowing me to cancel an order that was committed to be paid with a check or MO and isn't.

ecrater.com has no interest whether or not you get paid. You don't pay ecrater.com anything to sell here.
There really is no backend mangement here. Orders where put in the admin area at the request of sellers. Personally I never look at them. I use my emails and my sales spreadsheet to track my backend management. I don't relay on a free shopping cart to do this for me.
Not to mention with more then one store I can compile all my information into one place instead of within each individual store on this site only.

Quote:
If it doesn't hide the item than it leaves me legally open to being sued for breach of contract should I not be able to send the item to the buyer when he sends his check and I receive it. When you push the button to complete checkout you are making a commitment with a seller and a seller is agreeing to sell an item to a buyer......it's a legal contract.

That's not possible. There is NO CONTRACT written or verbal. There is an intent to purchase is all.

Quote:
Your item is not removed from the inventory until the checkout is completed so what is that above statement in reference to? Until then a buyer can take it out of their cart and nothing changes in your inventory.

The purchase is NOT complete until the money is in your hands!

Inventory control is a plus... anyway you look at it it's better then without it. The only thing you need to remember is if an item is manually paid and not done instantly then you need to manually adjust your qty count.
It's not a feature that every seller wants or needs.
For example - my Big Tall Mens store was here long before a max qty box (now the qty box) was ever put here. So on many of my items it is blank. With 2000+ items I am not going through them to put a count in that box. It's not worth it to me.
However on my formal dress store I have always put the qty in so in that store I have turned on this new option.
rainbowseeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ecrater.com has no interest whether or not you get paid. You don't pay ecrater.com anything to sell here.
There really is no backend mangement here. Orders where put in the admin area at the request of sellers. Personally I never look at them. I use my emails and my sales spreadsheet to track my backend management. I don't relay on a free shopping cart to do this for me.

So what? So then why don't you hide the item no matter which way it's to be paid for? You just made my point! It's no one's business, but mine whether the seller follows through or not. You don't keep my books....I DO! By not recognizing the buyers right to pay me however he chooses you are making inventory control a joke and useless.....UNLESS OF COURSE WE ONLY ACCEPT PAYMENT BY PAY PAL or GOOGLE CHECKOUT.
You are discriminating against the buyer who pays by check and the seller who takes a check.

I'm not trying to be difficult here and as far as I'm concerned you can do anything you want. You have and will continue to do it your way....I understand that. I am just telling you as far as I am concerned for a seller who still wants to accept payment by check or MO what you have given us is just slightly better than nothing. So .... well thanks....I guess.

What you don't seem to understand or do not want to recognize is you are doing nothing for your professional sellers who wish to offer their customers payment options. Nothing you say changes that. Convey my posts to the management or don't. It makes no difference to me. I'm not pleading and I am not complaining. Just stating facts here as they affect myself and I am sure other sellers who sell here. Sorry if you don't want to hear it.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainbowseeker You and I can argrue all day long. Obivously what you wish ecrater.com did I am happy it don't do. Since I don't consider an item sold until I get the payment and have far less money orders come in the mail then automatic payments I much prefer it the way it is.

BUT it's not up to you or I. The ecrater.com team did what they felt was the way to handle it.

Reading these boards I know that many sellers including myself have orders placed that never ever get paid for. even orders that claim they will pay via PayPal don't get paid. I think it's a lot least to maintain the correct inventory count the way the system is set up to do it.

Quote:
Convey my posts to the management or don't.

HUH? You posted it here - they can read it if the wish. I don't convey anything to anyone. Any more then you do.

I too am a seller on ecrater.com - I too accept money orders and cashier checks. I think for about every 10 orders I get that claim they will pay by money order - maybe one actually does. I would much rather have to go in and manually change the inventory on one item then on 9 because they didn't pay!
rainbowseeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In May I sold 23 identical items worth $30 each. 8 items were paid by check. No money orders. I was paid for all the items in a timely fashion and was "stiffed" for....are you ready for this?...... NONE! I did have a couple items ordered and was contacted to cancel the orders.....but NO ONE STIFFED me however. And everyone was professional....the buyers requesting cancelation and myself doing so for them.

In June I sold a different item again by check and again was paid in a timely manner and not STIFFED. Maybe it is a matter of professionalism?

I am sorry to hear you have such a terrible experience with your customers and they have been so unreliable. Thankfully I do not have those kind of experiences with my customers. I guess we are not all alike.

If I was a customer on this site I would be insulted that no one expected me to follow through and in fact assumed by their business practices that I would not. I think I might take my business elsewhere if when I agreed to buy something and pay with a check I had no guarantee it would be available when the seller got the check. So what are you, as a representative of this site, saying to your customers? THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Oh wait....maybe you are not telling them this might happen? So does that make it right???

The inventory control in May would have been really nice to have. My sales came in bunches and I literally had to sit at my desk and keep an eye on the inventory number to be sure no one was disappointed. To bad nothing has changed for me and won't be changing. Rolling Eyes
thebeadstore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
Yes, It is checked off - One of them is being paid by check so I understand why that one is not hidden but the other one was Paypal and it didn't get hidden. I will wait and see if I get another sale with Google or Paypal and see if it works right then. Maybe it was just a glitch. Hopefully it was.

Periwinkles, did your sale ever change to hidden? Something similar happened to me this morning.

I had my first sale (Yea!) and it was paid thru Google Checkout. I had one set up in my quantity but my inventory did not go to zero and the item was not hidden when it was purchased. I looked at the payment in Google and saw that the payment was in "Review" status. (In other words, not a firm payment until Google approves it.)

I went back a couple hours later and saw that the payment is ready for me to charge it. I looked at the item in my ecrater admin and the item is set to zero now and is hidden so everything is set properly now.

I'm assuming that until the payment is "good", then Google doesn't send back it's message to ecrater that everything is aok and completes the process.

You said your's was thru Paypal but I'm wondering if something similar happened - like Paypal's system didn't respond with it's completion reply to ecrater and complete the order for some reason. I know on my other ecommerce websites, Paypal sends back a response when it's completed to let my shopping cart know that the transaction was good.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBeadstore - no mine never did change. I hide it manually but maybe there was just a momentary glitch because your's did ok - I'll see what happens next time I get a sell. Until then, I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks for the replies everyone - Iappreciate them.

J.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one store currently using the Inventory control.
Sold a dress and it was paid with PayPal.
It automatically hid the item since it was the only one I had. That's what it's suppose to do, I believe.

Periwinkles was in an instant payment? Not an eCheck?
Was it paid directly from the ecrater.com site --- not the order placed then they manually went to www.PayPal.com logged in there and then used send money to pay it?
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a paypal sale and everything worked perfectly. Great new feature as far as I'm concerned.

BTM I think it was a payment from ecrater but there must have been something I did wrong. I'm not sure but apparently it works fine now so I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

J.
captkirk42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out about this via that Eplace that many of us are refugees of (OK so I still have my EPaythroughthenosewithfees store and some items there mostly due to more exposure for now).

Glad to see Inventory Control here. Now I can put my actual quantities on my items I have more than one of.

Thank You Ecrater!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now I can put my actual quantities on my items I have more than one of.

You need the quantity on all your items if you turn on the inventory feature.
TheyGrewAgain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not accepting checks/money orders here only because 99% of the online shopping I do myself does not accept checks. It's pretty standard.

It's somewhat still common on ebay because when ebay was established, few small sellers had access to a merchant account to accept credit card payments, so most transactions were by check and money order before the advent of paypal.

I do like not paying payment processing fees, but I guess the cost of accepting checks/money orders on ecrater is the time you spend managing your inventory sold but not paid for.

There's a balance in everything, I guess....

Kathleen
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the inventory control worked fine here.
I had one item w quantity of 6, sold 3 with Google check out, now the quantity is set to zero and the item hidden.
Can someone investigate ? order nbr 82320.
I cannot see the math behind in the system, but I am pretty sure of the quantities and just a couple of days ago i double checked all of them.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: