eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any smc members ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell Elegant Moments lingerie. I'm not the only one here (or elsewhere) who does, which has me wondering if all of us are going to be penalized because we have the same taste in lingerie. Sad

I chose EM as my first supplier because I loved what they had, and they (like SMC) allow their retail clients to use their stock images, although I try to be a little creative on the description text. My first consideration when choosing a supplier is "would I buy it for myself?" If I can say yes, then I'm going to have the passion to sell it too. I hope to eventually have other suppliers, but I had to start somewhere. I just happened to choose a manufacturer that is apparently quite popular. Cool Laughing

Namaste,
Cheryl
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's about the stock photos? That can't be the only reason. Confused I give up. I don't know what the problem is and I guess no one's gonna tell. Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its about stock photos, it shouldn't be. Doesn't SMC ship the product for you, you don't have it on hand, right?

I also sell Elegant Moments, they are not strictly a dropshipper, they are the manufactor of the lingerie and as an owner of a resale cert I am able to buy as much or as little as I need for my business.

I have another supplier that I really like but I have to buy large quanties at a time.

Anyhow, I hope ecrater can answer this question, if my lingerie items are being feed to froogle or not? I can usually find one or two of my items on page 3 and up if I type in "plus size lingerie"

Even the supplier I have to buy large quanties from allows me to use their stock photos!

I did notice that since I switch supplier for my eCrater store, my items are not as easliy found on froogle, could this be why?
esther

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
I'll just say this before leaving. SMC has been in business for over 50 years. You just don't thrive and survive that long if there was anything wrong with the company. They are nothing more that a whole sale supplier. I market my products from SMC in a wide variety of ways. I have several active , regular accounts with florist, boutiques, gift shops, hair salons , drug stores and other specialty type shops. I maintain a wholesale website and a retail website. SMC is but one of many vendors I use. What is truly sad and upsetting is many, many people come to ecrater for the same reasons. The people that sell SMC products I'm sure came here in honesty and a spirit of fair play. They had hopes of some measure of success just like every one here.They have worked as hard promoting their stores and ecrater as everyone else here. It's shocking to receive the revelation that all this time they were being grossly discriminated against by the management. The remarks were very unprofessional and demeaning to lots of people here. How would you feel if you put in hours and hours on your ecrater store and promoting ecrater only to find out thet your efforts where intentionally being sabotaged simply because of the products you sell and the company you purchase them from. Not exactly fair now is it? Having said this, I wish all of you the best of luck here. Have a nice day
esther

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I have to say Im in total shock to read how smc merchandisers are descriminated here I personaly have been working on building my ecrater website for a month now but after reading what I just read here tonight I wonder if im waisting my time here. Uhmmm is this a waist of my time? Question
OuiJoli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Any SMC Members? Reply with quote

I think that SMC is an open opportunity for those who wish to promote their many products, find their nitch and set off on their journey. SMC has been around for many many years and offer it's members many marketing avenues. SMC is indeed a wholesale comapny and I have seen many of their products sold over the television media HSN. It is most unfortunate that eCrater has made the decision to frown on people who wish to sell the SMC product line. I must say that websites here in eCrater should not have limitations placed on them. We do live in a free democracy of socioal equality or so I thought. In saying that if SMC has no objections to how their members chose to sell those products no one else should either. "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG" LOL
esther

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Any smc members? Reply with quote

Great answer brenda Very Happy
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was clear enough. It's not only SMC, it's any other "we give you products to sell" type of web sites.

Once again, the reason why these products are being filtered out is to prevent flooding the eCRATER with the same products.

I will recommend reading carefully our terms before opening an ecrater store in order to avoid surprises.

Last edited by ecrater on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
memorylaneplaques

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.. I use to sell smc stuff too...and when i saw the very same product at the dollar stores for 1.00 that i paid $.95 at the lowest price possible not including high shipping to the east side.. i saw right there and then that tthe dollar stores selling this stuff without the middle men would be able to sell at a lower price...and i tried to sell their stuff on auction sites... only when yahoo was free was there any type of profit.. and yes yahoo got worse with the flooding...

ecrater trying to build a good site to lure ebay buyers their tight control is needed while its totally free... but later i think they need to charge some small amount like 5 cents for each listing per month... and THEN let anyone sell smc or just about anything....BUT while its building and FREE best to keep tight controls.. and then later let the 5 cent COST be the CONTROL of the flooding...
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
I think I was clear enough. It's not only SMC, it's any other "we give you products to sell" type of web sites.

Once again, the reason why these products are being filtered out is to prevent flooding the eCRATER with the same products.

I will recommend reading carefully our terms before opening an ecrater store in order to avoid surprises.

So what I want to know is my Lingerie being treated like the SMC products or not?

I am getting my items directly from the manufactor and they supply me with stock photos.

Please let me know, thank you!
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CONTROL of the flooding...

This makes sense, and I agree that SMC products are everywhere. I understand the reasoning here!

But lets say I have been selling Lingerie on ebay and I open an eCrater store. At the time I opened mine there wasn't anybody else selling the same items as I was.

Now others happen to stumble acroos the same supplier and now lets say there are tons more people selling these items. Now what?

Am I SOL???

I need to know how my products are being treated by eCrater because if they truley are NOT welcome then I will look elsewhere for a store.

And where does it end?

No matter where you get your items there will ALWAYS be others who have the same supplier or same items. There are hundreds of places I could get inventory no matter what the item may be!

Just my thoughts Wink
memorylaneplaques

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep.. thats why later there should be a small listing fee...LET the MARKET then control... but until then... maybe limit mass similar items somehow.. maybe by first in, first served... and later when it is built and bringing in the buyers... lets just hope ecrater will withstand the money bags that feebay will offer to buy them out and close it down... so these are the concerns....

but so far so good and keep building... yeah baby..!! and i hope i can chase around in the lounge .... !!
classycovers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: uh oh... Reply with quote

So... after reading all of these posts, is ecrater only for people reselling things? I make and sell shopping cart covers. I don't buy them and then re-sell them... am I not allowed here?? I wish I had known before I spent all the time setting up my website... please help!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I make and sell shopping cart covers. I don't buy them and then re-sell them... am I not allowed here??

My items are unique and I sell here. I think e-Crater is trying to keep the exact same items, which are not yours and mine, from flooding the searches.

Quote:
No matter where you get your items there will ALWAYS be others who have the same supplier or same items. There are hundreds of places I could get inventory no matter what the item may be!

Not mine you can't. Maybe similar but not the same. Laughing
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:

Electronic, computers, fragances, name brand clothing, sunglasses, cosmetics, automobles, just about anything other than handmade, one of a kind items falls into this catagory. So unless you are the only one selling a truly unique item that no one else has your being filtered out? Just think, I was shopping here for a new computer monitor and there must have been a dozen sellers selling the same thing. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: