eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

SHIPPING MATRIX - By Ounces Pounds Whatever you need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: i can't even figure any of it out, really, Reply with quote

AAA-1-Stop-Shop wrote:
it all looks like just numbers in boxes to me, , how does it all work

Basically, the column on the left represents the Shipping Zones you choose (in Admin), the row at the top represents the weights you assign shipping costs to.

Last edited by poopsheet on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bargainsmall

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AAA, Welcome to eCrater. I have been here just 2 mothns but had had a few sales. Not around much lately because I just had surgery but, I miss this place. Everyone is very nice, friendly and super helpful.
on the shipping matrix, you will have to play with it. Take good guess of the weights of your items to see if you want to set it at ounces or pounds. I use flat rates for media mail and first class. I mainly use pounds due to the weight of most of my products (ceramics and porcelain). If you can spear some time before heavy work in your store, browse through all the threads in the community. You will be amazed of how much help you can find.
If you need more direct info BTM is the big one here but do not underestimate Daniell, wahm922 and Suzy, poosheet, she is a coputer "guru" and knows a lot just like many more that have been here for a long time.
Where in Ky are you located? Lived on Ft Campbell many years and still go and visit friends up in Edmonton, Clarksville, elizabethtown and Hopkinsville.
knappschiles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally had a sale paid right away thru the Google Checkout cart and similar to the PP cart, the shipping was wrong for multiple items. But after re-reading this thread, I think it was partly the way I had my shipping set-up.

At first the earlier part of this thread didn't make sense to me, but after about the 3rd time looking at a few things it finally clicked.

While the shipping matrix chart says "lbs", just think of it as "units". It can be lbs if you ship heavy things or oz if you ship light things or how I used it as "pieces" if like me you have your shipping set up for a base +.

I offer a discount if people get more than 1 item at a time. I entered the base as #1. Then I added the 0.25/ item as the #2 - 8 ( I figured no one would be likely to get more than 8 at a time). Then in the items the "weight" is listed as 1. I had to change all my items from "flat rate" to "weight based". I THINK this will now work out for the proper shipping in the cart.

As there is only 1 shipping matrix/ store, this would only work if most of your items are similar in weight (mine are all small seed packs) Tho you could have a few oddballs set to "flat rate", but then that would probably mess up any other discounts you would give.

Carol
brwindustries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all makes good sense, but what do you do about the difference in postage in the mail zones? Zone 1 is within 50 miles from you and is of course cheaper postage than Zone 8 which is up to 1800 miles from you and the postage is more.
knappschiles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us using it for light things, as I am, no need to worry. My things mostly all go "first class" where there is no difference.

A few of my things are small but heavy and go priority. I usually just set a flat fee on them. If It's more than 1 of the item I will use the flat rate box if I can. I wouldn't be able to make the matrix work with them.

I don't know how others make it work.

Carol
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff I sell is also generally light and usually goes First Class as well. The way I've got the Matrix set up it's slightly higher than I usually charge for in some cases and slightly lower in others. Occasionally I'll refund some excess and occasionally I take a minor hit but I figure it all balances it out pretty well.
AAA-1-Stop-Shop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THATS GREAT, BUT THE REAL PROB IS IF I ENTER IT AS WHOLE NUMBERS , PEOPLE STILL THINK IT IS POUNDS , AND MANY ARE OUNCES , SO I CAN'T MAKE IT WORK
AAA-1-Stop-Shop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my primary , warehouse only uses UPS, and many times people can buy , as many as 4 or 5 items and and still be in the one pound or the next higher pound range, so it gets really hard to use without ripping my customers off, i don't know about anyone else , but since i charge only the actual rate, i refund overpaid shipping, so that creates more of a nighmare.
favoritetreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAA-1,

I just figured it out today. See my post dated today.

Perre
favoritetreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAA-1,

Sorry, I was responding to your post on the bottom of the first page. I see you figured it out some time ago.

Perre
toyfads

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone just signed up and read this post about the matrix and I am still very confused. I ship world wide and my items range from 1-8 lbs. I have no clue on how to set this up. Maybe I will look at it again in the morning and try to make sense of it all. Question
tchsilver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I figured this out it works great. It helps if everything you sell weighs about the same.

TCH
~~~~~~~~~
TCH Silver.com
TCH Silver Shop
TCH Gifts & Things

Last edited by tchsilver on Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I set it up, forgetting the pounds (or ounces) meaning, 1, 2, 3 etc. are the amounts I want posted in my listings.

This is how I've always had it.

Don't worry about weight. Say you sell 3 types of items. One weighs very little, one weighs more, and one is heavy. In your chart under the #1 put a light weight shipping fee such as $4, under #2 put a medium weight shipping fee such as $7.00, and under #4 put a heavy ship fee such as $10.

Then when you list your items you decide does this item fall into light, medium, or heavy and then insert 1, 2 or 4 in the weight space and select "weight based" as your option.

For instance, my matrix is set up that everything #1 is free shipping in the US, $11 most International, #2 is $8.00 US and $18.00 any International, #4 is $15.00 and no International. My items fall into one of the three options.
dancingwithbooks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, is there anyway to use the shipping matrix or shipping options here to have discount shipping combined when the buyer buys more than one item? thanks,
regards,
dancing
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not. You couls always include something in your description about combining and letting the buyer invoice you. Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to: