SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

SHIPPING MATRIX - By Ounces Pounds Whatever you need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cambiz wrote:

When creating the product all of them I set fixed shipping.. Anything I miss out?? Thanks!

Fixed shipping and the matrix are different shipping methods. For the matrix to work, you have to select "weight dependable" not fixed shipping.

Fixed shipping only works for orders to the US and Canada. We were told that we had to use either the USPS calculator or the matrix for our UK stores. Items with "fixed shipping" selected will show $0.00 for shipping.

Go back and read this thread again - it has most of the info you need for your UK store:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=25884
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
LiLChicaDees

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Flat rate shipping Reply with quote

I have tried to set up flat-rate shipping, but found that the amount I have posted does not come up when an item sells. Why is this happening? Please help! Confused
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The merchant offers the following shipping options to xxxxx:

USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days) : $15.65

USPS Media Mail (2-9 days) : $4.46

I got this when checking one of your books (Pearson somethingorother). Is that not correct? I had to click on the calculate shipping and got a pop-up box that I had to enter my zip code and then got this for the answer. I don't think you can do both fixed and calculated with two mailing options, but I go strictly by the matrix so may not understand it all.
LiLChicaDees

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out. I was not asking for this account, but for gmas collectibles. Maybe you can find that account and see if it comes up right. Thanks

http://gmascollectibles.ecrater.com/
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the listing that I looked at, some earrings, I saw a flat rate shipping of $6.00 which I thought was a bit much for a pair of $2 earrings, but you know your business, I don't. Anyhow shipping is coming up. To see what happens when a customer tries to check out, I would have to buy a pair or pretend to.
branded2011

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too stop-shop. If I wasn't confused before-I am now!
mygear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yOU DO NOT NEED TO USE THE SHIPPING MATRIX, IF SENDING TO u.s. OR CANADA OR Alaske at the bottom of each product posting you can set the fixed price for shipping on each individule item, be becouse the shipping matrixe chart, 1,2,3,4,5, etec is pounds not ounces,1 pound 2 pounds 3 pounds, so for ouncs go to each individule product scroll to the bottom of that product page below Global Category and way below the discription keep scrolling down all the way to the bottom and click FIXED shipping price and type shipping price do that for each product you put in,( dont for get Canada and Alaske and the big island there is a place for all 3 or 4 ... if you have not done that you can EDIT the old pruduct by clicking the Picture of a pencil by your product picture under Basic setups and products
EASEY FIX NO NEED TO USE MATRIX for shipping.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure the shipping matrix out either. I usually sell records that weight from .05 oz - 2 lbs. I just don't get it.

HELP!!

thanks
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mygear wrote:
Basic setups and products
EASEY FIX NO NEED TO USE MATRIX for shipping.

Well, if you don't mind putting the shipping on each and every listing, you're correct. The shipping matrix can be useful to reduce the amount of effort involved. There are ways to use it, and get those pesky small weights.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sell mostly similar weight items, the matrix, once you figure it out, is the easiest way to set up your shipping both for here and if you sell internationally.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
If you sell mostly similar weight items, the matrix, once you figure it out, is the easiest way to set up your shipping both for here and if you sell internationally.

It's also the easiest way to update shipping costs to reflect changing rates.
With fixed rate shipping you would need to update each product individually.
endlesspossibilities

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm still totally lost!!! My 45's weigh about 4 0r 5 ozs, and the lp's usually weigh less than 2 lps. Lp's that are a set or boxed weigh more.

Can someone get me out of this dark spot I'm in?

thanks
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many ways to make the matrix work for you and all of us who use it, have set it up so that it returns the charges we want. The only way to figure it out for yourself is to read and keep reading all the 100's of posts here and play around with it to see how it works. It is truly one of those things that will make you mad for a while and then -ding!- the light goes on and you see what you need to do to make it yours.

It's only a tool, and every seller uses the tool a little differently. As you read all the posts of how other people use it, you'll begin to see how you can use it. Smile
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE read tons of threads dealing with the matrix, ... AND Shocked while still in the "This is making me crazy" stage, I think that I'm almost up to MY lightbulb moment.

I have seen threads where there were conversion charts to bring pounds down to ounces, conversion charts based upon the dollar amounts of the given sale, and a chart based upon < 1pound (first class) vs >13 ounces which would kick start priority rates.

Rolling Eyes My dilema:
I sell vintage items with weight variances that run from an ounce or 2 and progresses into "poundage" and breakables.

IF I want to customise the $$ amounts to reflect ounces AND pounds would I need to create potential "faux weights" in my listings, so that the "weights" correspond to the pound values in the horizontal increments? An example being that I would put 1 as the weight so the first matrix value lines up but is actually what I would charge for an ounce package?
EX:

weight = 1 = $2.00
weight#2 = 2( really means, say 4 oz, or 9 to 12oz) =$3.50
weight#3 =3 (really means, a pound)

Would I need to have the math right for ounces then progress into pound values?
EX:

weight = .0612 (estimated ounce conversion) = $2.00
weight = .5 ( for 8 oz) = $3.50
weight = ?

And this is where my theory breaks down. Does the matrix need to be an all or nothing pre set incremental change with whatever values being assigned according to the weight values already present within the chart?

I hope desparately that what I wrote is clear, Crying or Very sad B-E-C-A-U-S-E, ... pulling all my hair out of my head is beginning to sound like a good idea.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UknowUneedAnother wrote:
I HAVE read tons of threads dealing with the matrix, ... AND Shocked while still in the "This is making me crazy" stage, I think that I'm almost up to MY lightbulb moment.

Yay! Very Happy
Quote:
Rolling Eyes My dilema:
I sell vintage items with weight variances that run from an ounce or 2 and progresses into "poundage" and breakables.

This is just my unscientific opinion, but I've always felt that sellers who have a really wide variety of weights are better off to use the matrix with real weights and not faux weights. Others may disagree with me, but it just seems like it would be easier (to me anyhow).

Since Ecrater added the USPS calculator, that has seemed to be the best option for those with the wide variety. But then you run into the dreaded warning about time-outs in the calculator and buyers being charged 0.00 for shipping, so you have to have backup shipping, either the matrix or fixed shipping and fixed only works for the US and Canada.

As far as the ideas you threw out about weights, the only way to know if they work is to take some items, put the weight or faux weight into some listings, put the amounts you want charged in the matrix, and then go back and preview the items. If you see the right shipping charges, then do a fake purchase of 2 items and see what the buyer would be charged, to see if it's good for multiple purchases. (Remember it will add up the weights for multiple purchases to arrive at the shipping total.)
Quote:

I hope desparately that what I wrote is clear, Crying or Very sad B-E-C-A-U-S-E, ... pulling all my hair out of my head is beginning to sound like a good idea.

No, bad idea! Don't give up yet!! Laughing
Becky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 16 of 25

Jump to: