SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

SHIPPING MATRIX - By Ounces Pounds Whatever you need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Editing to add: "Making the matrix use ounces is something I keep hearing is possible. The explanations are incredibly obtuse and or complicated. Flat rate is the only way I could do this. I would need to forget international sales."

I just saw this quoted above. There were lots of pages to read through, so I did not notice this before. Does this mean that we cannot enter ounces when we are listing an item?

Ignore that comment and others from that poster as they can't figure out the matix from the posts I have seen them post concerning it.

I have my whole store set up to use the matrix and it works for all my international sales as well. Not sure how far you have gotten into setting up your store, but using the matrix should work very well for you if you are selling strictly media type items. You can make those columns mean anything you want. The first column can mean the cost to ship 8oz and so in the weight column for an item under and up to 8 oz you would put in 1 in the listing and in the column the amount for shipping and handling of an 8oz package and for internaional sales, the cost to send 8oz to them. The second column would be packages up to 16 oz and so you put 2 for the weight in the listing and cost for shipping up to 16 oz in the column. At this point if someone buys 2 8oz items, the matrix will give out the 16oz s&h price. Very easy. After those columns then the columsn are combined into 3-4, 5-6, etc. so add in the cost of each additional pound to ship.

Eventually you get to the point that someone can buy an 8oz CD, a 2# book and a 1# book which adds up to 3.5# fo the correct price for shipping up to 4# is the result you want from the matix.

I do believe that you just add in the 16+ column the additional cost per pound of the $1.50 like you mentioned or whatever the numbers show you should be right.

If you are still struggling with the shipping, you should probably put your store temporarily on hold until you figure it out. Chart out a matrix with paper and pencil and figure out different scenarios and see how they work out. If you find after some fooling around with the numbers that you have the US shipping correct, then for international you just have to change the prices to what is right for international mail, Most all are the same prices per ounce and pound except Canada and Mexico.

Ince the lightbulb goes off in your head, it is fairly easy to set up, you just have to get away from thinking that each of those columns only represent a pound or an ounce.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tiptopmgr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I am getting in here a few days later.

Thank you Moonshine for taking the time out like that to help me. I do believe I have it figured out now. The only thing I am not sure of, and I'll have to think on this, is if I want to ship to international other than Canada. The thinking I have to do does not have to do with the matrix though because I do feel it can work with the matrix in my store.

I must admit that I had made a previous attempt at setting up shop on eCrater a long while back and could not grasp the shipping matrix. But it is like you said, this time around a light bulb went off....so glad Very Happy I think it will work very well with my store.

Cosmic, I replied to your post within an email I received to my email registered here on eCrater. I'm not sure where that comment went that I sent lol, but thank you for your response. I appreciate the help.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome. Please ignore all my typos. In the best of circumstances I'm not that good typing and currently the letters on the top of my keyboard are disappearing and it is hard to figure out what I'm typing. And then add my dyslexia my skills at writing posts are going down the toilet Embarassed

Anyhow, keeping an open mind on the subject of the matrix is the most important thing in being able to figure it out.

As to international sales, just an FYI. More than a third of my sales in May came from my UK and AU stores. That is money I sure wouldn't have wanted left on the table! I use a postage program and since most of what I ship is lightweight, I can handle the customs sticker, etc. right within my postage program, so it isn't any extra trouble to ship. I just won't ship to a few countries.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore, your recommendations are great. You are great example here in eCrater. Never stop your recommendations.

After waiting a long time. I finally understand that eCrater don't care about adding some feature to the Matrix. So I take the recommendation to use the numbers in the Matrix table as ounces.

I have items from 0.03lb/0.4oz to 2lb/36oz. Long time ago I have the S&H and weights from many of my items and shipping supplies (package to ship and unpackage). So it was sit down and go for the "trial and error" with the Matrix to see the results in the checkout. After some hour finally manage to find good results for any item single or combine and USA, Canada & Worldwide.

Now it just sit down some more time to edit the weight from lb (pounds) to ounces for the items. Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Elperles!
tiptopmgr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MoonWishes. I will definitely keep this in mind on Australia and the United Kingdom. If I've got any question I'll post back...and no typos noticed on this end Wink
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waao! Only less than 120 items to edit. Very Happy
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First sale from June in eCrater. It is a International sale that came without problem thanks to the Matrix update. Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is a International sale that came without problem thanks to the Matrix update.

Good for you!
Cazamoran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had a store for a while now but had virtually nothing in it as I hadnt set it up that well Have just added more products and did a bit more work on my store. The stumbling block? The shipping matrix!! Ive never seen anything quite so confusing as this I have entered into the 10 ozs box a shipping cost of
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post got chopped off. You may have used a symbol that this forum 'doesn't like'.
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set up fixed shipping but need to have shipping for UK and Au...how on the shipping matrix do i do that....I did dollar amounts in columns 1 thru 12 and left the last 2 columns as 0.00 .....and that does not work ..how does this work???

If i use fixed shipping then does that mean i can not sell to UK and AU???

I have taken everything out except my fixed shipping cost because i am so confused with this shipping stuff...

I had used calculated shipping and tried to put in Au or UK and charges came up 0.00 even thou i had added them to the international shipping calculator... Question
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LOVERETIREMENT"]
Quote:
If i use fixed shipping then does that mean i can not sell to UK and AU???

Fixed shipping only works for US and Canada. For the other countries, you must use the matrix.

Quote:
I had used calculated shipping and tried to put in Au or UK and charges came up 0.00 even thou i had added them to the international shipping calculator... Question

Did you have valid weights on each item listing ? The weight is needed even if you specify fixed shipping (because of the countries that do not use fixed).

Remember, fixed shipping is only valid on the items you select it for, and then only if you are not using USPS Calculated.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you must figure how to use the Matrix based in the shipping method and weight of your items. I never saw it until some months ago when I sit down some minutes just to resolve the problem. I'm using a customized Matrix as other suggested. So my method will not work for you.

As far I know the only methods the calculator will give you zero is the system fail to sync to USPS or you have zero in the weight.

My recommendation to work with the Matrix:

1) Answer to yourself. What I sell? Do I have a scale? What are the heaviest and lightest items? How many items can have a Matrix S&H? How I pack to ship? Does I have a standard packing method for "x" or "y" items? What shipping carrier I use?

2) After analyzing the question in step 1. If you feel ready proceed to fill the Matrix columns with high numbers like 10, 20...160 and 3(+) for the specific country choose for testing. The high numbers are to avoid strange situations like somebody decide to buy from you in that moment.

Depending of how you analyzed the question in step 1. You can use actual item weight or package weight. The Matrix columns as pounds, ounces, or customized unit.

3) Choose different items for testing. Items must have a weight.

4) To check how people see a single item S&H. Open a window of your store. Search for the item or items. Check the S&H. If everything is okay. Proceed to edit the Matrix with the values you decide to use.

5) For multiple items. Open a window of your store. Search for the items. Throw them to your Shopping Cart proceed to the checkout. Fill the blanks with non real info. The only blanks that require a correct format are the zip code for USA (5 numbers) and the e-mail (xxx@whatever.com). You will see the cart and items combine S&H. Never press "Submit order".

The trick in combine S&H is the (+) column. It is up to you. Remember the (+) columns means extra value of 2 units after 16 units.

6) If you like the results proceed to the same to other countries.

7) Edit your items from "Fixed" to "Weight Dependable". Remember any item with zero in the weight goes as free. Every item must have a weight.
LOVERETIREMENT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still working on shipping costs....i am having problems with shipping Example: to US say is 2.95 BUT for the same item and weight to Alaska , Hi is 4.95 and Canada is 3.95 is a different cost for each how do i show that in the listing so that it will show on buyers purchase and not come up as 0.00 ??
I will be Thankful for any replies
Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 19 of 25

Jump to: