eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Optional - Google Analytics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> FAQs and Solutions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject: Optional - Google Analytics Reply with quote

What are Google Analytics?

Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. This is an optional service for your Ecrater store. If you wish to see where views are coming from, which items people are looking at and how long they are spending on each item page listing you might wish to set this up for your store. There is much more data that what I mention here and you will be able to see it once you get your account set up. You only need to set up one GA account. If you have more than one store that you wish to keep track of, you will add them under Create Property, under the Property column. Here is where you start:

https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/?hl=en-US

When you get your one account set up and are signed into your Google Analytics account, click on Admin. You should see three columns titled Account, Property, and View. Each of these titles have a "Create" blue button where you can add additional Accounts, Property, and View. If you have more than one site listed in your GA they will be listed below the title with a down arrow and you will need to select the one you want. Only set up one account for your main account. If you have multiple stores you will add each additional store under Create Property. You may also set up the view settings for each store.
When you set up the property for each store this is where you will receive a UA and/or a GA4 number.

You need to take the following steps to set up the Property setting in order to get your UA/GA4 numbers for each store.
1) Log in to your Analytics account
2) Go to the 'Admin' section to create a Property within the account. ...
3) Fill in the data about the property:store name, time zone and reporting currency. For store name I used my Ecrater URL
4) Click on 'Show advanced options'. ...
6) toggle the switch to get the UA code. (located to the right of the page)
7) follow the options - enter your Ecrater website URL and choose both GA4 and the UA or just the UA
Cool Click Next

Once you set up the Property for your store you will need copy the UA number (or GA number if you have a custom doman) and place it in the correct space on your admin dashboard by clicking Account, then Options. You will check mark Enable Google analytics, put the number in the space then update. The UA number is also called a tracking ID.

Since we were discussing this on another thread I though it might be a good fit under the FAQs and SOLUTIONS TOPIC for people wanting to set this up. I could not find any "How to" topic so I will put it here.
If anyone sees anything that is incorrect or needs to add information feel free to add or PM me with the correction and I will edit this post. Thank you !
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you signed up and no longer wish to use Analytics here are the steps to opt out:

Delete an Analytics account
Remove the Analytics tracking code from all your web pages or from your app.
Sign in to Google Analytics..
Click Admin.
In the ACCOUNT column, use the menu to select the account you want to delete.
In the ACCOUNT column, click Account Settings.
Click Move to Trash Can.
This is for the main account which will delete all stores.

If you have mulitiple stores and wish only to remove one store you would click on the PROPERTIES column and find your account, then clck move to trash can.

Also, uncheck the Enable Google Analytics, under Account, Options in your Ecrater ADMIN dashboard.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> FAQs and Solutions
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: