eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A list of stores by name?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tressables

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: A list of stores by name? Reply with quote

I realize that we have categories on the home page of eCRATER, but I was wondering if there would be any way to have a listing of stores by name?
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: SURELY THERE WOULD BE TOO MANY Reply with quote

Surely there would be too many. Big Tall would know the answer, but did I read somewhere that there were 18000 stores, but only 6000 of them are active. Even 6000 would be a very big list Question
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: A list of stores by name? Reply with quote

I agree it would be a huge list. Probably impossible but I would love it, too.
tressables

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, very true......I kind of figured that when I asked the question, just wasn't sure.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally I'd like a store directory too but I can understand why we don't have one. Too many people open a store and abandon it. They may or may not have listed items. Some people open stores solely to spam the community or to chat with us on the forum. Others are reserving their space for when the big kahuna dies.
gurlz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be fun to be able to scan down a list for upcoming Christmas goodies... sometimes we don't know what we're looking for until we accidently run across it! lol Laughing

Either way, I love eCrater!!! Very Happy

Looking through the forum here is always fun and I've bookmarked a few people's stores to check a little closer to the holidays (when I have more dinero to spend! lol) and pick up a few gifts...

Have a great night all! Smile
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think not having a store directory is another element that points to the fact that the eCrater concept is more about standalone storefronts rather than a mall-type venue. As far as I know eCrater only promotes itself to sellers so no store directory makes sense, I guess.
familyboutique

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: A list of stores by name? Reply with quote

I wish we could have a store list also, but I certainly understand with that many stores it would be hard....and also about it not being like a mall we each have our own store....But if we all would buy from each other when we have an occasion to buy, it would certainly help everyone here at Ecrater....

Laughing
tressables

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: A list of stores by name? Reply with quote

familyboutique wrote:
I wish we could have a store list also, but I certainly understand with that many stores it would be hard....and also about it not being like a mall we each have our own store....But if we all would buy from each other when we have an occasion to buy, it would certainly help everyone here at Ecrater....

Laughing

Oh, I try to do my part as far as that is concerned! I have bought from quite a few of the shops so far.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGT - www.BusinessesGrowingTogether.com will soon have an ecrater.com directory - for those that wish to put their store in by category. Not sure if I can manage to put soemthing together by store name. It's a whole lot of work to set up a great directory which is why it's still not done! but I'm working on it.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a "find a store" with A-B-C's....
I have had to come back here to the forums soooo many times & try to find the store I was thinking of. I usually remember what letter they start with, but after that, my brain has gone blank. (no surprise there Laughing )
timekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjscreations wrote:
Even a "find a store" with A-B-C's....
I have had to come back here to the forums soooo many times & try to find the store I was thinking of. I usually remember what letter they start with, but after that, my brain has gone blank. (no surprise there Laughing )

Good reason to make use of your browser's "Add to Favorites" button, and you can add a short description of the store beside it's title. Smile
candybarwrappers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me personally... I do have a "fav ecrater" file in my favs....
I just thought for other visitors that pop in from time to time. They could search for "that store" they heard about but forgot to write it down.
Shocked
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: