eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is there anything I can do about a non payer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALikelyStory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to reiterate; when I said "be more like eBay", I was only referring to the fact that eBay customers go to the eBay site to shop on eBay, using the eBay search. Which store they buy from tends to be secondary.

The vast majority of buyers who buy on eCrater do so because they found an item through a general internet search and clicked through to the seller's store. I prefer it that way.

But a certain amount of sellers seem to want eCrater to be seen as a marketplace and want buyers to come and search on the eCrater home site.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple of non-payers for my items but if they don't pay I just take them off hold and hope someone else like it enough to pay for it. It's just part of online selling.

Joyce
SomethingOld

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a bogus purchase order on the average of one a week. Most of the time it is easy to tell that they are just playing around, for the information given will be jibberish. Either they have too much time on their hands or they are trying to see how the system works. I have "sold" one of my items at least 50 times.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALikelyStory wrote:
But a certain amount of sellers seem to want eCrater to be seen as a marketplace and want buyers to come and search on the eCrater home site.

It's true. A whole lot of folks here seem to be enthused about the idea of promoting eCrater over their own store -- they like the idea of people coming to eCrater for one thing only to end up in their store for something else. Which is fine, but it always seemed to make more sense to me that people will end up in my store much sooner and more frequently if I focus on promoting my own store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: