eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ecrater Feedback system
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the order not have a link on it for the feedback? How long ago was the purchase?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
WorkmansWood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

No, this is just an order confirmation of sorts from Ecrater. Nothing since.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Feedback Reply with quote

WorkmansWoodandGeneralSto wrote:
No, this is just an order confirmation of sorts from Ecrater. Nothing since.

ONLY folks that pay immediately using PayPal are allowed to use the ecrater.com feedback system.
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigtall

Please explain what immediately means in this case. I thought all payments thru paypal were able to leave feedback.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFlagCompany wrote:
Bigtall

Please explain what immediately means in this case. I thought all payments thru paypal were able to leave feedback.

I BELEIVE that if some clicks all the way through the order but then gets to the PayPal portion and does NOT complete it - they can not leave feedback. I know I get orders that say they will pay via PayPal then do not get the payment. I always send them a PayPal invoice - when they pay via that invoice they do not qualify to leave ecrater feedback. And in a few cases, I get the order and they never make the PayPal payment. That's what I mean by they need to make immediate PayPal payment.
easels

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I BELEIVE that if some clicks all the way through the order but then gets to the PayPal portion and does NOT complete it - they can not leave feedback."

This isn't necessarily true. If you don't pay immediately, you get an order confirmation email with a link to pay via PayPal. If they use that, they can leave feedback too. But yes, if they pay via an invoice, there is no relation to the original order for eCrater to associate the two.

Also, on feedback in general-- as a buyer I expect it on a marketplace site like this. This is not a store site in a strict sense, and Amazon does have feedback, contrary to the earlier post. I could sign up one night, or sign up a bunch and just let the accounts age to make it seem like I've been in business a while. On a free site like this, I don't think there is any way to give me enough confidence to buy besides feedback or at least the ability to leave feedback. My original purchase here was made because I knew I had the opportunity to leave feedback, and I knew I was paying via PayPal.

Now, BigTall is right, showing the number of actual sales is unusual (maybe unique), it usually just shows the number of ratings left in the last 12 months or something like that. But feedback is by no means restricted only to auction sites, and I don't think it's out of place on eCrater.
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

easels

Interesting thoughts. Just curious, will you be having a store on this site?
easels

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the plan, I used to run an online shop selling easels for a local company here and I got busy with other things, so after I used this site as a customer I realized it would be much less trouble and an easy way to get into Froogle. I just need to stop being lazy and get to it. Someday.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just need to stop being lazy and get to it

ME TOO!
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
I just need to stop being lazy and get to it

ME TOO!

Me three Shocked

Children's Clothing
www.Shop-eCloset.com

Lingerie
www.Shop-Fullmoon.com
ABookAbout

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... another issue I wasn't aware of.

I've saw that some sites have feedback importers -- that would be GREAT if we had something like that here. Or if we must start anew... if buyers were allowed to set up their own "buyer accounts", perhaps leaving feedback could be one of the first things they would see when they log in.

I assume buyers do not have accounts here. It would be nice to give them the option to mark favorite sellers pages to return to. Maybe along with signing up for sale news -- or is that an option I have not found, yet?
zeldasemporium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really appreciate eCrater implementing a mutual feedback system, and also allow us to import feedback numbers from our old history at eBay (or some other site that eCrater would accept).

So many of us are happy refugees from eBay where we have sold for years and earned customers' trust. It is unfortunate to have that !00% positive service reputation hidden from the customer. I think eCrater sales would increase if we could show this track record. It is unfortunate if eCrater had lower ratings in the site comparision charts because buyers would like to go to a site where the seller can show a track record of good service and quality merchandise. (And is unfortunate to the sellers, who might be losing sales to competitors on other sites.)

Also, this "unrated" designation looks like something the buyer might perceive as negative, as to me it looks like a negative, whether I understand the reason or not. Shocked

In the absence of the above, I think it better to just drop showing the number of sales.

I realize that buyers don't have to register to buy, but I would rather they would so this mutual feedback could be implemented.

I really enjoy eCrater. I like the setup of the store, especially the clear way the categories are set up with pictures on the front page. I would love to see more category pictures available on the front page, and possibly omit the "popular items" listing, as I don't really think buyers look at that or care what is popular.

As I said, I am glad to be here, and as the country folks say, "I'm not tellin', just sayin.'" Wink

Warmest Regards,

Donna
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the purpose of feedback? Why not do away with it and instead have a spot for customer testimonials or something like that?

Feedback doesn't work well at eBay so I'm not sure how it would work well anywhere else..
zeldasemporium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

If I am trying to decide which competitor to choose for my purchase, I definitely check feedback, especially as it relates to the item I am buying.

It's good to be warned before you bid or buy that the prospective seller does not deliver merchandise as described (or his shipments take forever, etc.) from his feedback. It's bad to find out after the purchase.

Shocked

Donna
seaglassdesigns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
all the auction sites provide similar types of ratings systems.

This is NOT an auction site! Not even comparable. It is comparible to a website store. FEEDBACK is fine. BUT showing how many sales a sellers has had in a month, 6 months, etc is NOT DONE ANYWHERE ELSE!

Actually, it is done on Etsy.com and while I agree with you that it isn't anyone's business, it is one of their site setups and no one has the option to hide it. I don't like it very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: