eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I got SCAMMED!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clothingbay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: I got SCAMMED! Reply with quote

Shocked Just to share: I bidded on two items on an auction site! This seller had been inactive for many, many months, but did have positive feedback so I went ahead with the bidding. I won, got an invoice via Google, paid..and "walah"...never got a thing. Had to file a claim with my bank & they credited my account, but might reverse it if they dont make contact with the seller...doesn't Google provide any protection???

They other day I was shopping online for back to school stuff for my classroom..I'm a teacher, I came across this site, that had fairly good prices & low shipping. I ordered the desk templates for my soon to be 2nd graders & a set of overhead clocks...well I got that in a flash...when I check the address on the box...guess what? It was dropshipped! I usually wouldn't buy from a dropshipper...of course there was no mention of it being dropshipped...either way I changed my thinking on "dropshippers".

Shows me that not all thing are what they appeared to be...one bad experience (very bad) & one good experience! Razz
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kjscreations

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropshipping, alot of times, is the best way to make good money.
I had a talk with a very successful businessman, here in denver ... & he highly advised that if you find a good dropshipper or vendor... they do the time consuming work of manufacturing, packing & shipping. YOU, on the otherhand, can spend time promoting your biz... meeting customers, etc. Using a dropshipper lets you spend time on the MOST important thing in biz..... CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

So buying from a company that uses vendors or dropshippers... you actually should make out better.... your items are manufactured & packed & shipped by a company that JUST does that.... & then you get customer service from the company that just does that. Much faster service!
moondance4me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. I've tried drop-shippers in the past, and am using them again now. I have "on hand" items too but in order to have a diverse product I almost have to use them. Of course I'd like to have a large inventory right at my fingertips but no way do I have the space. I do use a couple of drop-shippers that I've used in the past and they have proven themselves to have good items and they've never let me down yet! Originally I outlaid a lot of cash on packing supplies and then lost them all during a storm that came through here. However, drop-shipping can have it's drawbacks, you just have to be careful who you use. Most of the products I promote from them I mark the price up from 3-5 bucks over my price. I don't make a fortune for sure, but it lets me use a smaller s&h price too. It's a work a round, but a whole lot less trouble for me. JMO of course.

Myra
dawgears

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any recommendations on reliable drop shipping companies to use?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any recommendations on reliable drop shipping companies to use?

One you research head to toe.
Checked the BBB for every state
Make a purchase from someone using that same drop shipper and get a feel from the buyer side of things.
Just like anything else, it's alot of research to find one you like and can work with.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: