eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

maggiethecat - about my poor cat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dakotaexchange

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: maggiethecat - about my poor cat Reply with quote

Thank you to "maggie" who wished my cat well the other night when I had the issue with the buyer/feedback.

I thought I would answer you here and I hope that you find it.

Your wishes are greatly appreciate (for me - as I don't know if the cat really understands - although I told him about it) but we went to the vet 3 days this past week (every other day) and the poor cat still has failing kidneys and the bio chemistry is breaking down.

We have had a really rough week of it as this is the cat that I call my kitty stole (like mink stole). He gets up on the back of the couch, where I am sitting, and lays across the back of my neck with his head resting on my shoulder and his tail dangles down the other shoulder.

He is very weak and the vet said that there is nothing more we can do for him but make him comfortable.

After 14 years, this is a very sad time for our family.

But once again, I want to thank you for your kind wishes.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart goes out to you. I lost my 17 year old just over a year ago and it really tore me up. She had been ill for about six months and hospitalized twice but she had a good quality of life till her last few hours. She knew she was dying. I knew she was dying and the neigborhood cats knew she was dying. It just wasn't talked about except by the vet. When she collapsed I wasn't sure how long it would take her to die and she was in real distress so I rushed her to the vet. She was so ill she couldn't lift her head but when the vet began to shave her paw for the injection she bit him. I didn't like the vet either.

Just love every minute you have left with your cat. I replaced my cat recently and am now luxuriating in kitty love again. Blessings to you and your family.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another cat friend, my heart goes out to you too. Blessings, comfort.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have two cats although they are in good heath. We did just lose our pomeranian, Tina, two months ago due to age and poor health. She was two weeks from being 15 years old. I know how you feel when they get sick - it's like having a child sick or hurt. Hope your baby gets better.

Joyce
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that is just so sad - I've been in your shoes, and it was just awful, awful, awful - hope things are going better - Dawn
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: don't cats have 9 lives?? Reply with quote

don't cats have 9 lives??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: don't cats have 9 lives?? Reply with quote

goldfashionmine wrote:
don't cats have 9 lives??

The ones in my neighborhood use up 3 a day.
abeleeshandcraftedjewelry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: SO sorry Reply with quote

So sorry to hear the news, dakota... Sad

A couple of years ago, I had to have my cat put down and it broke my heart. I'd had him since he was just eight weeks old. At the age of 2, he developed a blockage. The vet told me it would cost $1000 to help him and I didn't have it so my sister lent it to me. A couple of months later, it happened again and the vet said that unfortunately some male cats are prone to this. I could pay another thousand to help him, but they said that it would likely happen again and their policy was that if it happened three times, it would not serve him to give him another operation. He was suffering so much that she said it would be best to put him down. So I gave the OK... and as I walked home, I broke down in the middle of the street and cried like a five year old. I was 50 at the time.

My heart goes out to you. Crying or Very sad
dakotaexchange

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and wishes.

After much thought and watching my poor cat try to live for the last 2 weeks, I had him put down this morning.

We brougt his body back home and put him in a plastic tub with a lid, wrapped it in a large lawn and leaf bag and then we buried him in the backyard between 2 big evergreen trees.

It was so painful. I still can't stop the tears.

I sure appreciate all of your notes.

I have a dog and 2 other cats. I pray I don't have to go through this again too soon.

I hope that all of you with pets, have many wonderful years with them like I did with this cat.
tressables

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences on the loss of your beloved kitty, Dakota. Losing a pet is like losing a family member, in my opinion.

You will always have the cherished memories of him in happier times. And now he won't be in pain. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Gale
once-is-not-enough

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry about your kitty, Dakota. I have four of my own and they're my babies! It's hard to let them go, but even harder to see them in pain. You did the right thing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry it came to this however when the pet is suffering, it is selfish of us to allow it to continue when we know nothing can be done.

I understand your hope that you won't have to go through this again soon. When I adopted my current cat, I stipulated none with health problems or of advanced age as I couldn't deal with the trauma of losing another one in the near future.

What hurts more than anything about losing my last cat was that all my photos of her were on my computer and when it died in January I lost all but 2 pics of her that I had framed.

How are your living pets coping? When one of a pair of sisters I had years ago died, the survivor became my caretaker/watchcat.

My best to you and your family.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: