eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Advertising Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grizzlysgiftshop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Advertising Question Reply with quote

Hi. I have a question.

What do most of the sellers here do for advertisement?

I have a great advertising idea, but I'm not sure how to present it-or if anybody would even be interested.

Please let me know if you think people with auctions, auction stores and websites would be interested in getting 10,000 unique targeted visitors to their business for $29.95.

This idea has nothing to do with banner ads, text links, pay per click, pop up or pop under ads, etc...

It is completly new and revolutionary.

This is a direct marketing idea that will put your business right into 10,000 homes, right on 10,000 computers. Your business will just be 1 click away.

Do you think people would pay $29.95 for this offer?

I'm just testing this idea out and really would like any kind of feedback.

Thank you.

You can reach me at
mrockroll2005@yahoo.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
aspencounty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not take your spam elsewhere friend?
grizzlysgiftshop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to push spam. I have a real question and want to know if people would be interested in this venture before I proceed with it.
grizzlysgiftshop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok forget about this question. I'm sorry if it looked like I was trying to spam. I dont believe in spamming.

I just wanted to find out what sellers do for advertisement.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being so harsh maybe I jumped the gun a bit.

To answer your question, I do not believe any of the lines by companies that claim they can deliver 10,000 visitors to your site. There is no way possible to make someone visit a site. Sure some of these folks can create hits but that means absolutly nothing. I can create any number of hits on a site you want. Most of this is nothing more than a way to separate folks for their $$. Looks at sites like Traffic swarm, I Need Hits and a dozen more. For xx dollars they promise xx hits on your site. All this amounts to is a whole bunch of people clicking on each others sites. They are set up usually with a 10 second timer. You click on a site, the timer runs down, you click on the next site and on and on. 5,000 people paid money to click on each others sites so sure you will get lots of "hits".
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOPE, I won't pay $29.95 for 10,000 people to possible view my site.

Now, 10,000 people a week for a year, that I would think about.

BTW, I think your question is fine --- but there are rules regarding posting identical info in more then one place - so the other has been deleted since this is the proper forum for it.
nonsport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in 10,000 sales at that price Wink Why, I'd even pay $29.95 each month for 10% of those sales!

Hits don't mean anything to anyone who's serious about selling. Those of us who have been around a while know that someone looking at your stuffs usually doesn't equal sales unless they specifically searched for your items.

Take eBay f'rinstance. They have over 80 million members. I have thousands and thousands of hits to my eBay store listings and auctions yet, only about 200 of them actually turn into sales each month. I already pay eBay for poor performance, I don't think I'd ever be interested in paying someone else.

M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: