eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Support for Google Checkout (aka gbuy) has been added!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 3 Google sales today and am I to understand that when Google says they have passed the risk factors that it is safe to mail?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
richshobbydepot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiet wrote:
I've had 3 Google sales today and am I to understand that when Google says they have passed the risk factors that it is safe to mail?

Once it says that the customer's card has been charged, it should be safe. The money is in your "Account" waiting to be transferred to your bank. Check the orders again to make sure that their cards have been charged

Rich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loving Gbuy more each day. But lots of questions remain. I wish they had a practice page so we could see what a buyer goes through.

Here is a situation I just dealt with and I think it involves ecrater as well as google.

November a regular buyer I brought with me to ecrater bought several items and since I had promised her a sizable discount, she checked out but did not pay. ecrater notified me and I sent her a paypal invoice. (She always pays within 24 hours.) She didn't pay. A week later I sent a reminder. No pay. I sent a friendly note asking what she wanted me to do with the items. No response.

Tonight I called and she had not received any of the communication and definitely wanted the items so they started over again and paid via google. I know I have email woes; they are regularly devoured before they reach their destination, but what was paypal's excuse.

Anyway while talking to the buyer she logged on to ecrater, she was unable to find her shopping cart. Do these vanish if not paid immediately? She had to start over buying each item. Afterwards her multi-item purchase came through on google as it should have.

I would love to see screen shots of the various stages of buying on ecrater through payment.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway while talking to the buyer she logged on to ecrater, she was unable to find her shopping cart. Do these vanish if not paid immediately?

They don't exist. This is something I've been thinking about lately and I'm wondering if it's a big reason there are sometimes so many bogus orders.

There's no cart where you can hold your items until you're ready to pay (and the shipping info isn't retained either) -- with eCrater you simply place your order and once you've checked out it's all gone as far as the buyer's concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the shopping cart exists while the person is shopping doesn't it? I mean it has the cart logo and a button that says add to cart. I've bought a couple of things on ecrater but they were one offs.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah, they can add multiple items but it has to be all in one session. If they add items and leave the site the cart will be empty when they return. Most other ecommerce sites make you register which also allows you access to certain features -- a permanent cart being one of them.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, actually, I really hate registering at every single site I want to shop at -- but that permanent cart can be a pretty good reason to require it..
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the shopping cart exists while the person is shopping doesn't it? I mean it has the cart logo and a button that says add to cart. I've bought a couple of things on ecrater but they were one offs.

No there is NO shopping cart. There is a BUY IT NOW button. There is a button that places the item in the order form. Once you leave that order form - and are no continuing to shop - it's gone. Since buyers never register they can't build wish list, shopping carts, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a person clicks on Google checkout after buying say 3 items but wanting to shop more after dinner. Can they click on Google but not pay and return to shop later?

I hate to beleaguer this but January is my month for multiple item purchases. I want to know how to promote this site to my January only buyers.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a person clicks on Google checkout after buying say 3 items but wanting to shop more after dinner. Can they click on Google but not pay and return to shop later?

Good question, I'd be interested in knowing that as well..
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK it was instant payments only.
zeldasemporium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

I feel puzzled and irritated at the same time. I'm quite sure there is just something I don't understand about the eCrater/Google process.

I had reason to check sales just now, and --- behold--- I had an order I had not been notified about. I assume eCrater would send me an e-mail to let me know that a customer was at my door. Surprised

So I open up the order, and I suppose I'm supposed to click on Charge Account. I did so, and the order screen looks like the charge has been made.

Still no e-mail from eCrater. I go to my Google Checkout account, and the order is not logged, much less showing payment. Nothing.

When I pulled up the eCrater sales/order screen, I can't even find a place to tell me when the purchase was made. Rolling Eyes

Where do I find out when this order was placed? Surely it is somewhere.

Right now, it looks like I found out about this order by accident. Embarassed

What's wrong here? What do I need to do so this doesn't happen again. I feel that surely there is just something I am skipping or have done wrong. Surely this is not the process for a sale.

Customers have paid with PayPal in the past, and notification of both payment and order arrive instantly.

Help! Embarassed

Thanks-----

Donna
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had reason to check sales just now, and --- behold--- I had an order I had not been notified about. I assume eCrater would send me an e-mail to let me know that a customer was at my door.

GOOGLE will emai you IF you have your setting preferences set up as you want to be emailed. At least that is what they claim.
I too found out 5 days later of an order - customer called me or I would have never known!
Since I checked that email me notification box - I still do NOT get the emails. I have had 2 orders since. NOW, I go daily and look!

Quote:
When I pulled up the eCrater sales/order screen, I can't even find a place to tell me when the purchase was made.

This is what I was told on how to get a copy of the order in your ecrater.com/admin order section

In google checkout you need to
enter https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php in the
"API callback URL" field after you sign in with your Google Checkout
account. (Click on Settings -> Integration)

Quote:
Where do I find out when this order was placed?

At goole checkout in the ORDERS it will have a date the order was placed.

Quote:
What's wrong here? What do I need to do so this doesn't happen again. I feel that surely there is just something I am skipping or have done wrong. Surely this is not the process for a sale.

YOu sound just like me. Like I said I have the EMAIL ME NOTIFICATION selected on google checkout and I get nothing from them.
SO I decided I go there daily and look now!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="zeldasemporium"]Surprised

Still no e-mail from eCrater. I go to my Google Checkout account, and the order is not logged, much less showing payment. Nothing.

eCrater does not email when Google is payment method.

Where do I find out when this order was placed? Surely it is somewhere.

Did you look in your Google checkout account? If there is no record there and you haven't clicked charge, I don't think you have a sale.

Customers have paid with PayPal in the past, and notification of both payment and order arrive instantly.

eCrater notifies instantly but Paypal can take days to notify you of payment. They are probably bogged down at the moment.
[/b]
zeldasemporium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big and tall said:

In google checkout you need to
enter https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php in the
"API callback URL" field after you sign in with your Google Checkout
account. (Click on Settings -> Integration)

Thanks---- I didn't have the URL entered, although I do have the Email Me box checked. Maybe putting in the URL will make an improvement.

I just don't like doing business by the discovery method. Cool

Really, I am just cranky because (1) I've missed my nap, and (2) I can't even get into iOffer to close my &(*&^)$+/ account.

I'll feel better after my nap and a couple of Law & Order episodes. Well, actually I think a re-run of The Closer is coming on later. Maybe that will help----after I take my nap.

I am gritting my teeth as I type. Sad Crying or Very sad Mad

Donna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: