eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

changed email addy, but not here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SadiesTreasureTrunk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: changed email addy, but not here Reply with quote

Greetings everyone,

I recently changed my email address, bout 3 weeks ago, and DO NOT have access to that email account. I DID change it in my ecrater store, my account info, my contact, but it did not go into affect in ecrater, or something. I have emailed myself from here, this way...
went into froogle, typed an item name to something I had listed, found it in froogle, went to my store just like a visitor would, clicked 'ask owner question' [somthin like that] and did not receive the email! Tryed it 2 different times.
So how am I supposed to change my email addy? I had 2 open orders when I switched email accounts, and have not heard from either one! and i did email support
thxs
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guyess is your new mail server isn't delivery them to you. Check your spam or bulk mail. The emails are from noreply@ecrater.com many systems automatic will put all noreply@ emails in spam...so you got to make sure you add it as an allowed email.
SadiesTreasureTrunk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no BTMC, the first thing I did when I opened the new email account was to add any emails that I definately wanted, to my allowed list. and I do keep a constant check on my trash and junk folders. I am just not getting my emails from here.
will email suprt again, and if still no help I will have no choice but to close this almost year old store. just when i was ready to promote. figures
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure your new e-mail provider doesn't have any kind of spam blocking in place? Maybe it's getting killed there and never making it to you?
binkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like AOHelL
SadiesTreasureTrunk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. don't use that either.
But since I was having problems, I set Outlook Office up for my emails yesterday. I went poking around in it today, and even though I had it set to accept email from ecrater, I found the test email that I had sent to myself stuck back in a folder. It wasn't from ecrater though, it was from one of my other email addresses!
I emailed support about my emails cause I had ALL blockers and filters turned OFF. I have satellite, and they suggested that I can set this up as a "remote pop" in the customer portal, or set it up in outlook or outlook office. mmmmmm
maybe i will send all my mail from here to mail2web. at least i know i will get it.

thx. for all suggestions
SadiesTreasureTrunk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone else that may be interested, or have the same problem one day, don't bother looking anywhere in ecrater admin, rules, regulations, FAQ, or even "HELP" cause it isn't there. So if you EVER need to change your email address for whatever reason, here is how to do it.

support..said this

"Hello,
> Thank you for notifying.
> You cannot change your store email through your admin
> tool. We will change it here"
>
> Sincerely,
> The eCRATER Team
> --
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that. I will TRY to remember this for the next poor person that changes an email address.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed servers and changed my email address on all my stores in admin and it works fine. I didn't email anyone. Weird!

Joyce
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the e-mail address in Admin > Edit Account Info is only for order notifications and not the ASQ feature?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, the e-mail address in Admin > Edit Account Info is only for order notifications and not the ASQ feature?

well I know that wasn't true as of a month ago. I changed an email on one store and I get the ASQ.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:

well I know that wasn't true as of a month ago. I changed an email on one store and I get the ASQ.

I get it also BT.

Joyce
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking eCrater thought it was the registration e-mail that was in question (and it's not a bad idea to have them update that when necessary in the event that they ever send out a mass mailing about site troubles or whatever else).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: