eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Suggestions please??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starlas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Suggestions please?? Reply with quote

I opened my store quite some time ago and haven't really had a whole lot of business. I know things like this take time to come together, but I feel like it's been long enough and now think that maybe I could use some suggestions from others about my store. So please go to my store and comment away, I'd really appriciate it.

www.starlas.ecrater.com

And secondly if anyone does take the time to go to my store and look, could you check out the FAQ page and let me know how to list all my scents in a less of an eye sore way. They all just lump together and I want them to be a nice list so that it is easy to read, but I've had no luck.

Thanks Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of fragrances!

Well, I suppose one suggestion might be to have the answer in the FAQ be to check out your "About" page and on that page you could set it up to be a little more easy on the eyes. At least that way you could have paragraph breaks..
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would put the list of the fragances on the items they pretain to and not expect the buyer to go look somewhere for them.

BUT, I wonder about how much added time and communication you have to do when they don't order a scent.
starlas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can order any fragrance with any candle and have it made pretty well any color you want. So then I would have to put the list of fragrances on every single item description, which really wouldn't be that bad, it just seems like a lot to have put on every description and I want it to look nice and not too cluttered.

My whole system really needs a bit of work. Embarassed From the emailing to find out which scents are wanted for each candle and the shipping prices is a whole nother issue. I wish that ecrater made it possible to set up shipping prices according to how much you spend because that's the way I operate.

But I do thank you for looking and your suggestions and I look forward to the rest. Smile
urbanmash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

First off, I'd like to say that your candles are lovely. Smile

There are a few things about your store that are problematic from the perspective of a shopper. You don't have any information on your Terms page and there is no information about You. If someone lands directly on your home page, they won't know who you are, whether you have a return policy, etc. To have success with an online store, you really need to include this kind of information to build trust.

I've gone through several of your listings and you have $35 as your shipping and handling charge on every one that I've looked at. I know you've stated above that you like to charge shipping based on the total order, but there is no explanation of any kind anywhere on your listings. Instead, it appears I will be paying $35 for each candle I order. And what if I only want to purchase one candle? If you do not have a reasonable shipping rate posted for single item purchases, you are alienating a large percentage of potential customers.

Also, when you enter a listing from the eCrater mall, the FAQ link at the top of the page does not go to your store FAQ, so anyone finding you that way will have no way of finding your fragrance list. You need to include more information in your listing. Idea Try formatting your fragrance list in Notepad, then copy and paste it into each of your listings. Try something like:

AVAILABLE FRAGRANCES

Vanilla * Chocolate * Lavender * Jasmine * and so on

Placing an asterisk between each fragrance makes it easier on the eyes. Hit the return twice between each group of fragrances to make it easier for your customers to find what they're looking for. You can have a longer page and still make it appear organized.

I hope you don't mind my trying to help. You have a nice product that could do very well with the holiday season coming up. Good luck!

Leesha Dawn
starlas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I love the idea about putting the *'s between each scent Very Happy and I didn't realize that by putting the flat rate shipping price on each item it would charge that price for each item. Embarassed I wanted it to be that price for each order, is there a way I can do that?
urbanmash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is. If you fill out the shipping matrix with 35.00 all the way across, except for the last line put 0.00. Then set your listings to do shipping by weight. Whatever weight you enter for each item will add up to $35 in your cart.

However, you need to explain this shipping charge right in your listings, above the item description so people will actually see it. Otherwise, they are going to think you are charging that for each item they order. Keep in mind that anybody who isn't interested in investing more than $100 on candles in one shot, isn't going to buy. During the holidays, this could cost you quite a bit of business, as there will be a lot of people looking for gifts and won't be purchasing more than one or two candles. You might want to think ahead on this one and create some special gift sets that you can ship out with special, lower shipping.[/list]
starlas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! Very Happy I just went and filled out the shipping matrix and changed it for each item. Next I'm going to add the note you told me about, above each item description and then I'm going to add the available fragrances for each candle in the item description, hopefully in an eye pleasing way. After I'm finished all that I'm going to work on my About us info and put up the return policy.
Now hopefully I can add the rest of my items with ease. Smile
I will have sales when the holidays come closer and I do have items that aren't as expensive as the others.
urbanmash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I was able to help. Smile
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, when you enter a listing from the eCrater mall, the FAQ link at the top of the page does not go to your store FAQ, so anyone finding you that way will have no way of finding your fragrance list. You need to include more information in your listing.

This is an excellent point, Leesha -- I hadn't thought about that.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where a drop down menu with choices will come in handy. I know its in the works Wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: