eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Only 1 sale in months
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellisresale

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Only 1 sale in months Reply with quote

Hello I only have had 1 sale since being here and none more. I got alot of lookers but no buyers.

I keep forgetting to add my link to the bottom of every E-mail which is a shame since I belong to alot of groups and forums.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TheyGrewAgain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend joining every mothering forum/group and including it in your posts if they allow it.

Are you still adding new items? This will help keep you near the top of the listings, and hopefully have browsers click through to the rest.

Don't give up just yet!

Kathleen... a fellow children's clothing seller
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store on ecrater.com is like having your own site. eCrater.com is just your shopping cart. You need to get your buyers to your store.

There are plenty of ways to do this. See ADVERTISING in the SOLUTIONS forum.
kellisresale

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheyGrewAgain wrote:
I'd recommend joining every mothering forum/group and including it in your posts if they allow it.

Are you still adding new items? This will help keep you near the top of the listings, and hopefully have browsers click through to the rest.

Don't give up just yet!

Kathleen... a fellow children's clothing seller

Yes I am still adding new items will be adding more tonight. I have 2 kids so its hard to make time to list to all my places .

I am in a bunch of forum groups that allow sigs ect so I will try to remember to add it.

I send my business cards with orders as well but dont have room to add many places I sell at so I am going to write up something and send it saying all the places to visit me at along with the receipts I send.
Reggaej

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggaej Here: Being a musician & songwriter/poet etc... and worked in the music biz, I set up a MYSPACE acct. On myself and my music for networking in that field.... I'm Reggaej there. The same as on EC. BUT! I also spoke about my music collecting and work in that field in my profile I mentioned I sell my years of music items I collected on Ecrater with my user name and store page link to see me. I saw other sellers on different items they sell set up pages about them and they're mdse also with links back to the sellers sites. Myspace has free classifids also and millions of members. Just a hint, hope it helps. Laughing

Irie Wink
kellisresale

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggaej wrote:
Reggaej Here: Being a musician & songwriter/poet etc... and worked in the music biz, I set up a MYSPACE acct. On myself and my music for networking in that field.... I'm Reggaej there. The same as on EC. BUT! I also spoke about my music collecting and work in that field in my profile I mentioned I sell my years of music items I collected on Ecrater with my user name and store page link to see me. I saw other sellers on different items they sell set up pages about them and they're mdse also with links back to the sellers sites. Myspace has free classifids also and millions of members. Just a hint, hope it helps. Laughing

Irie Wink

My husband is in the process of making me a website that will have everywere I sell on linked on it so that will be good but his Labtop is broke again so he needs to wait till its fixed.
abeleeshandcraftedjewelry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your sale. I *wish* I had one... Smile

I've been promoting like crazy but no takers yet... Sad
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't despair kellisresale and fivetonine - you'll get one. I think you just need to get one person who is looking for what you have listed. Hang in there. At least no fees for this site.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://oldtimevalues.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fivetonine wrote:
Congrats on your sale. I *wish* I had one... Smile

I've been promoting like crazy but no takers yet... Sad

I think sales will start for you soon, fivetonine. You have pretty earrings and they are not unfairly priced. They look like good stocking stuffers to me.

Do you realize you have half a dozen listings that don't say what they are in the title?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Maggie -- I've been meaning to get back in there and fix that; thanks for the reminder! Very Happy
careercurves

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Not showing up in ecrater search Reply with quote

I've checked every single item in my store, not one of them is showing up on the ecrater search.

Do I need to fix something or pay to have my items show up on the ecarter (http://www.ecrater.com) search?

I've noticed that other sellers have their items showing up, what are they doing that I'm not?

Thank you.
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

careercurves

We just typed: white blouse in search....and yours came up...
We didn't check any others.
So you are appearing..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Periwinkle -- hope you're right! Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Not showing up in ecrater search Reply with quote

careercurves wrote:
I've checked every single item in my store, not one of them is showing up on the ecrater search.

Do I need to fix something or pay to have my items show up on the ecarter (http://www.ecrater.com) search?

I've noticed that other sellers have their items showing up, what are they doing that I'm not?

Thank you.

I just entered "stretch denim jeans" in the search line. Yours did not come up but lots of others did. Then I took the S off jeans and yours came up with only two others. I'm not a fashion writer but if the more commonly used term is JEANS you should add the S to your titles.

If I use just "JEANS" in the search line more than twice as many come up
as when I just enter "JEAN".

Check that your key words bring up items on Google and ecrater.
careercurves

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for checking.

Maybe I'm just not searching correctly. I'm using the titles and not seeing the items.

I'll change the wording on my jeans, that didn't even cross my mind! Smile

Again, I appreciate all the help I've been given and the responses to my questions have be quick.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: