eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ineed more info on Promoting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bednarskifamilypolishstoneware

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Ineed more info on Promoting Reply with quote

My store. Read the posts on promoting, and my husband has been selling like crazy on craigs lists- tools.

Is there some place on there that I just do not see where we can make an ad for our stores?

Second- On the other post some stated to post at Pay Pal - Shops, when I go to pay pal shops, it points me to shopping, where is the place to post our store's?

Now that I have asked for help on that, I offer this in return-

I went to my pay pal account, went to history and pulled up all my sales I made and when you click on details it will show you the email address for your past buyers. I will be working today on that email list and will send them a friendly email pointing to my new eCrater store. Something like a newsletter. Just a thought and wanted to share that with others. Hope it helps some for you also.
Sheryl
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ineed more info on Promoting Reply with quote

bednarskifamilypolishstoneware wrote:

I went to my pay pal account, went to history and pulled up all my sales I made and when you click on details it will show you the email address for your past buyers. I will be working today on that email list and will send them a friendly email pointing to my new eCrater store. Something like a newsletter. Just a thought and wanted to share that with others. Hope it helps some for you also.
Sheryl

Be careful. I'm not sure what the laws are about spamming but I think you can only send newsletters without impunity if they have signed up for such emails. Someone else here will know. It's been discussed in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: emails Reply with quote

Good Morning,
See I'm not the only one up, my mind is always thinking selling!

Yes, you could be right there. I have given this great thought, and being that I know that I for sure do not want to stay at the bay very much longer, and really do want to branch out on my own, that the worst that the bay could do to me is close my store down and not allow more auctions from me. In my plan of branching out on my own, I have now been doing nothing at the bay. Just working on Promoting my store at eCrater. And boy does it show, I have now had no sales at the bay, now that I have slowed things down there- no auction running. I had a lot of repeat buyers there, so thought I would jsut send them a friendly email, telling them something along these lines-

Our bay Store************* is now going to be closing soon. Since you have been a wonderful customer thought I would let you know that you will now find our store at the following www.bednarskifamilypolishstoneware.ecrater.com
Hope to do business with you again in the future.
Warm Regards
Store Name

Still working on the wording, and will make a draft of it first of course, but I hope that most would like to know about the move, as I'm thinking like a buyer here, and I know I would like to no if a store I liked to shop at in the past, sent me a letter if there where moving.

Just a thought and have not done anything yet.
Thanks for the advice, I do listen to it all and way it all out.
Sheryl
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with contacting former buyers with a newsletter or update on your products or services as long as you only do it once, and provide them with the means to opt OUT of the mailings. Contacting former customers once with the opportunity to sign up for a newsletter is not spam.

Give this service a shot, it's fantastic for keeping your newlsetter database up to date and gives your customers/emailees the opportunity to opt out in every mailing

http://www.verticalresponse.com/

There is also an area there that provides a form to add to your email address so that any time anyone receives an email from you, they may sign up for the newsletter. Once you have that form in your email address, I would not add anyone new to your mailing list of the people you have emailed with the form added since they already have the opportunity to sign up without another email.

To sign up to be included in Paypal shops, go to your profile while logged into Paypal, and look for the "paypal shops" link. You add your info there...good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Newsletter Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the link about the newsletter. I'm going there now to check it out. Of course I agree, that they should not be sent this email-newsletter more then once and with the right to choose to be dropped from the mailing list.

Now off to also find the pay pal shop link.
Warm Regrads,
Sheryl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Vertical Response Reply with quote

Cannot thank you enough for the above link to Vertical Response. What a great way to walk someone through on email marketing. Just got done making mine and going to get ready to send it out very soon. I did use the option to let a customer no that they can choose not to get anymore emails from my store. I only plan on sending one to each of my customers, no more then that. Will let the board no how it went and if I got anything back from anyone with not being happy. I again, am thinking like a buyer and would like to no where a store moved if I had bought from them and liked the servive I got in the past.
Sheryl
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Sheryl, good luck, the small amount you have to pay is a very good investment, well worth it. Don't worry too much about sending people an email again that decided they don't want your newsletter - the software will NOT let you send to someone who has opted out. Sure makes for less stress as a seller knowing you are not annoying people!

Don't forget, you can track what happens to the emails, too - bounced, click throughs, deleteds (I add those to the do not email list), unopened. I sometimes contact people that I know have liked my goods if their emails are either bounced or unopened - I call them on the phone to chat, most customers like the personal touch - those that have bounced, I ask if they would like to get my newsletter and ask for a new email address. Those that are unread, well, I ask how they are doing, things going ok, never know when someone is ill, etc.

Don't be afraid to contact your customers if you believe in your product and your service - you have something to offer them they may not be able to get anywhere else - especially when it comes to customer service! It's also ten times easier to keep an existing customer happy as it is to go out and find new ones - so treat the ones you have like gold!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: You are so right Reply with quote

about treating the customers you all ready have like gold. That is why I wanted to find away to let them no that my bay store is closing very soon now. Cannot Thank You enough for that link, it was well worth the small amount to pay for sure. They even have a very good forum there also.
Now getting ready for the Hoildays soon, and will be placing some auctions on new sites I have found. One of which I plan on trying out is Overstock.com Figure even if they do not bid, maybe they will open it up to look at it and might just take a peek at my store. Also did an ad on Craigs list with photos and the link to my store. I have not been using my Domain name, instead have used the .eCrater. com, thought that way it would drive more traffic I hope to eCrater and help other sellers out as well. I no that I myself never heard of eCrater till I saw it being mentioned as the moon on the bay and made private contact with another bay member and they told me that the moon was for eCrater!
Best of luck to you also and everyone else.
Sheryl
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Sheryl, just sent you a PM Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

You must have knew I was sitting where I always am, at the computer!

Got it , Thanks. Sent you one back.

Sheryl
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: PREVIOUS BUYERS Reply with quote

I write to all my previous buyers as if they were personal friends. Not a standard newsletter, a personal type of letter, but I must admit the bulk is a copy and paste section. I have never had a complaint nor anyone ask that I stop to write to them.

It works well for me and I gain one or two order from it every month.

This is not spam, but a great way to get sales.

Good Luck with future sales Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: