eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Another way to promote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allnatural

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Another way to promote Reply with quote

I just found this and thought it would be a back door way to promote my ecrater store. You create a store in a few minutes, load whatever items you'd like - I kept to the same theme, but on the main page I promote my ecrater store. Now don't think this is another ecrater type format. These items you add to this store are just affiliate links which take the customer off site to Barnes and Noble etc... The interesting part about this is that the stores can link to each other and you can list your ecrater store on the main page.

It may not be your type of promotion, but because you have access to all the seo lines, along with linking to one another, I see this as a potential vehicle to increase ecrater traffic. Let me know if you sign up so we can link together on this.

http://allnaturalhealth.zlio.com/

Last edited by allnatural on Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I understand you correctly that this is just for affiliate selling?
allnatural

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,

You set up a store with products, remember these products contain information which can increase search engine ranking. You then optimize the settings and then, link to other zlio stores, there by further increasing your search engine ranking. I'm already listed fairly high on google with this store, but my main goal is to promote my ecrater store. If I end up getting commission on some affiliate sales, or the google adsense which will be added, that's just icing on the cake - my main goal is to draw trafffic from another (dummy site) to my ecrater store. If others see the value in this and link together, that makes the seo even better.

Laughing
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. I thought drop shippers and affiliates didn't show up on google or ecrater searches. How can you be high up on Google?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I'm confused. I thought drop shippers and affiliates didn't show up on google or ecrater searches. How can you be high up on Google?

If I understand correctly, it's the Zlio site that's ranking high -- which, in turn, hopefully leads buyers back to their eCrater store.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can tell it's an affiliate-type set-up in the "Amazon affiliate" sense. You know how people have Amazon products listed in a corner of their website (or sometimes it's the whole site)? The links go to Amazon (the actual seller) and the affiliate site gets a little commission from it.

The only problem I see, in terms of eCrater promotion, is that the paragraph for the store is at the very bottom of the page. Also, the eCrater link isn't hyperlinked (is that possible?) so I don't think Google picks it up.

It's an interesting concept though. Anybody else done this?
allnatural

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The page has different templates you can use or you can add your own html I believe. I'm currently looking into the hyperlink thing. That one item would be awesome!

Also, placement with google doesn't matter if it's an affiliate or drop ship site. The only thing google looks for is content, quality of content, quantity of content, quantity of in coming links and quality of in coming links.
allnatural

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's IT ---I'M SOOOLLLLDDD!!!

I was just able to modify the html for my ecrater link on this site!!!!

This is awesome!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I just thought of something - - We can promote several ecrater stores at the bottom using hyper links and then link the stores to one another!!!

Just a thought - I'm Pumped!!!
allnatural

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll I was able to modify the header as well, including my ecrater hyper link. The only problem was I'm not great at making html look really good, and alot of the html programming is module based. They give you the ability to modify the header and footer, along with the main page, but I liked the way the header looked before I messed it up. I changed it back but I kept the hyper link on the footer to my ecrater store. Eventually I think they will give you the ability to modify things a little better. I am very excited about this because I can increase the seo on this site and have several links on it to my ecrater store.

Wink
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allnatural wrote:
Also, placement with google doesn't matter if it's an affiliate or drop ship site. The only thing google looks for is content, quality of content, quantity of content, quantity of in coming links and quality of in coming links.

But I meant that without the hyperlinking there wouldn't be any link between that site and your eCrater shop so Google wouldn't make the connection. But I see you figured out a way!

Has anybody else opened up a Zlio shop?
hanzone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Good Idea - Just created my store - Hanzone.zlio.com Reply with quote

Let me know and I can add your zlio stores to my own zlio store.

Hanzone.zlio.com.

Han
Very Happy
allnatural

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we're linked up now.

Did you figure out the hyper link thing?

I need to find a attractive banner for the header to link to my ecrater store.
hanzone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take a look at it tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: