eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Article on Netscape - opportunity knocking!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuppatea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Article on Netscape - opportunity knocking! Reply with quote

Article on Netscape - opportunity knocking!

Come on in! Trying something different... I wrote a short article about selling on eCRATER and posted it to Netscape. Interesting site, it opens with stories submitted by members, sorted by most popular:
http://www.netscape.com/

Here's the opportunity: You can post a reply to the story. Perhaps discuss why you picked eCRATER, or your thoughts on setting up a store. After your informative info, add a note about what you sell and your store URL (don't think it will be clickable). Let's build a really good, informative post about selling (or buying) on eCRATER to get people to read through all of the replies.

This isn't a links page. I think if the article is simply spammed with links to eCRATER stores without more information people won't read the replies. Agree? Disagree? It's all up to you!
http://money.netscape.com/story/2007/09/01/selling-on-the-moon-the-ecrater-experience/

If you go to the story and vote for it, it will be pushed higher on both the front page and in its category (Money). I think votes are by day, we'll see how it works.

How effective will this be? Might be very good for eCRATER, don't know how good it will be to bring traffic to a store since the article is aimed at sellers. However, it is a different way to get your store name out there.

Thoughts? Comments?

P.S. Forgot to add that you will need to sign up for Netscape in order to vote or reply. I hate signing up on places but took the plunge.

Wishing you sales early and often!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have voted and commented.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie that is terrific!!! Really nice write up. Smile Smile

By the way, I fiddled around and now have a custom Google search engine for eCRATER, added it to the bottom of the article. So now it promotes eCRATER to buyers too. Being Google, of course it has ads, but it works pretty well - and it does search text and titles. Set it up to filter out all forum stuff.
binkie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted and commented!! Nice story - let's try and push it to the top.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted and commented also - Hope we can move it to the top of the list.

Joyce
once-is-not-enough

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted and commented too. Smile
once-is-not-enough

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can rate everyone's comments too...does that do anything for the ranking?

Lynn
cuppatea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binkie Joyce and Lynn nice comments and little pop for your stores! Illinoisgal jumped in too, I'm really curious how this will go. As far as voting on the comments as well as the article, good question! I really don't know - new to me too.

We might get shut down anyway... the FAQ section says
"For example, if a group of individuals (or a single individual registering multiple Netscape member accounts) only post links to sites with which they are affiliated (more likely than not profiting from any traffic coming to that site) and only vote and comment on stories with which they are affiliated and all these actions are clearly a coordinated effort to push the stories to the Netscape Home Page, these individuals would clearly be trying to game the system and spamming Netscape with their stories."

So, I guess we can continue and see what happens, or you can poke around and vote for a few other articles.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuppatea wrote:
Binkie Joyce and Lynn nice comments and little pop for your stores! Illinoisgal jumped in too, I'm really curious how this will go. As far as voting on the comments as well as the article, good question! I really don't know - new to me too.

We might get shut down anyway... the FAQ section says
"For example, if a group of individuals (or a single individual registering multiple Netscape member accounts) only post links to sites with which they are affiliated (more likely than not profiting from any traffic coming to that site) and only vote and comment on stories with which they are affiliated and all these actions are clearly a coordinated effort to push the stories to the Netscape Home Page, these individuals would clearly be trying to game the system and spamming Netscape with their stories."

So, I guess we can continue and see what happens, or you can poke around and vote for a few other articles.

Actually Joyce (periwinkles) is IllinoisGal - that's my user name on Netscape. Thanks for doing this.

Joyce
smilin-eyestreasures

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I voted and added mine as well!
bookooguru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all seem to be much more computer savvy than me. I went to the Google groups yesterday and couldn't get my site added to the list. Periwinkles did it for me. Thanks for that.

I would really like to know how to do the Netscape thing, but I've never even been to their website.

BTW, thanks Joyce for the email. It was so cute.

I finally just now learned how to mask my url. Wink

Ramona

BookooGuru, Your KISS headquarters and more!
Check out our Hard Rock Caf pins and artisan-crafted jewelry. OOAK
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct link to the above article in pdf format:

http://www.h2mweb.com/Selling-on-the-Moon_cuppatea.ecrater.com.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: