eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New To eCrater And I Love It!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElkeCreekImports

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: New To eCrater And I Love It! Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm not new to the ecommerce world but I am new to eCrater. I've been selling online for a few years now with not much profit. Would like some input on my eCrater store and what I should do to capture more sales. I'm not going to say I'm looking to get rich quick or anything but I would love a sale or two. Since I found eCrater I've totally been in Love with it! This place is so cool! Thanks all for your input and please check out my store.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
radarplus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I took a look at your store and it is very nice!. Best of luck with those sales... Very Happy
ElkeCreekImports

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Your store looking great as well. All my best to you! Very Happy
urbanmash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I really like your store. You have an interesting selection of items.

Overall, I think your store looks very good. One thing I would suggest is not using a Yahoo! email address for your business. I checked for you and ELKECREEKIMPORTS.COM is available! If you get your domain at someplace like www.godaddy.com, it only costs $8.95 a year for a domain and includes a free email account. You can also have the domain forwarded to your store with masking for free. That's what I do - check out how it looks: www.urbanmash.com. Pretty cool, huh? Wink It's an investment that breaks down to less than $1 a month and reinforces your branding.

The only other thing you might consider is spreading out your "Terms" a little. Basically, separating your payment terms, refund policy, and shipping information into separate paragraphs. It would make the info easier to assimilate for a shopper.

BTW - I particularly like that Egyptian chess set. I have a 14 year old daughter who is infatuated with ancient Egypt and was whining just the other day about wanting a real chess set. I can't do it right now, but if it's still available around the holidays, I may be back for it! Smile

Good luck with your store! It's looking great!

Leesha Dawn
wahm922

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, your store does look nice!

BTW - GoDaddy is having a sale only $6.95 Wink
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, a newbie,but not new to online selling,having been on the bay since May'98.
Going to continue to sell there,but will probably close store,but boy I hate the job of transferring everything.

How do use Go Daddy to get your own domain for here? Also,I'm not using my store name that we have sold under for 8+ yrs.Is that a wise move & could I change it,if desired?

As you might have noticed,there are things,that I haven't been confronted with before.

So far, this site is amazing, am flabbergasted at the ease to do a listing, although I haven't put but (3) things in so far,plan to do much more by week's end.

With Store fee's soaring,a lot will be on the move from eBay, hunting for a good or better place.
I'm doing my part on the boards,but you dare not say much,or your store is being voluntarily removed for you.
At least, the boards are full of that happening tonight .
Hope to make some new & lasting friendships.
Just call me TN.woman
ElkeCreekImports

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Leesha Dawn for the info! I have made the changes and hope everything looks much better. I've also taken your advice about GoDaddy.com. I've taken the steps to getting the .com. Very Happy Your store is wonderful as well! I must agree with your daughter. I have a passion for anything Egyptian myself. Thanks so much!

KollectibleKlutter I must agree also. I think moving away from ebay is a good move. Your store is great as well! Keep up the good work and good luck!
urbanmash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always happy to help! Smile

TN. woman Wink , I'm going to answer your question on a separate thread, so other members needing the info will see it. Check here: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=2814#2814

Leesha Dawn
ElkeCreekImports

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all set! Check it out! Very Happy

www.ElkeCreekImports.com
wahm922

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElkeCreekImports wrote:

www.ElkeCreekImports.com

Great Wink
urbanmash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahm922 wrote:
ElkeCreekImports wrote:

www.ElkeCreekImports.com

Great Wink

I concur!! Smile

Don't forget to add your meta tags into your masked domain. I notice you have the title tag filled out when I go to your site from the eCRATER link (Elke Creek Imports is the destination for home furnishings, decor and gifts from exotic places). Just copy & paste that information into the "Masked Title" at godaddy. Sites like Google will ultimately index your masked URL and the information you have in the title, description, and keywords is what they will base your ranking in a search on. If you leave these fields blank, then your domain will only show up if someone searches for your exact domain name. This also means that it is even more necessary to have an extensive list of keywords. This will help shoppers browsing on the internet to find your site. Wink
ElkeCreekImports

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks once again Leesha Dawn! I was up late last night and I forgot some fine details. Hopefully everything is now set. I just gotta get my name out to everyone and wait for all those shoppers. Wink
urbanmash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya!

I did the same thing when I forwarded my domain for the first time. I did it in the wee hours of the morning and didn't feel like filling in all the fields; I just entered Urban Mash in the title and went to bed. Then I forgot to go back and add the rest of the information. As a result, if you look for urban mash on google, my domain comes up, with a title of Urban Mash, and that's all! No description of the site or anything! I only realized that I had done that a few days ago when I changed the forwarding to go to eCRATER. DOH! Embarassed

Oh well! I live; I learn; and I share with others so they can learn from my mistakes. Wink
ElkeCreekImports

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the changes at GoDaddy and they have not appear just yet. Hopefully I did everything correct. I've noticed also when I add new products they don't show up in the eCrater Cats. Can't find the answer here in any topics or I just missed it.
yourdesignersedge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Big E Store spreading her wings! Reply with quote

Hi,

So many changes in so little time! After being on eBay for 6 years and barely hanging on the last 18 months after the big increase in '05, the latest fee increase lit a fire under my butt and I finally bought my own domain at godaddy.com Smile In addition, I opened a Store here. Love the clean line look without all the extra's to fry your eyes on! Still adding daily as time permits and learning a LOT along the way. I'm almost completely HTML-impaired but plugging along. LOL. At least for now, my eBay Store will remain as is although much of my items will be transferred here. Must find ways to forward customers over here and save them a few bucks. I've put the URLs as a signature in my emails and listed both email addies on all my custom pages and my about me page hoping to get a few curious lookers without making anyone at eBay Twisted Evil enough to want to suspend me for a violation...

Looking forward to getting to know new friends here and assimilating that which I don't know yet-LOL. I'm based in NC.

Debra
[http://yourdesignersedge.ecrater.com]
[http://yourdesignersedge.com]
on eBay: [www.stores.ebay.com/designers-edge][/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: