eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is Anyone Selling??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JewelleryCentral wrote:

Ecrater is an advertisement site

Actually, it's not. It's not the kind of place where you can list products and simply wait for all the orders to start rolling in. You can find advice for self-promotion all over these boards.

As I said above, a place like eBay does the advertising for you (although it's still smart to do some yourself) and that's what their fees are for. At eCrater you don't pay anything -- how could you expect the same results?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
themineralladies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Selling Reply with quote

[[color=violet]size=18][color=indigo][color=violet]I'm a little diappointed too with my sales. Sad The first week, we had 2 orders Very Happy and then nada. Sad Last month we had alot of hits, but no sales. This month it's off to a good start with the hits, but not a sale yet. I'm happy that we are being noticed, but wish we would have orders.

I understand needing to advertise outside of eCRATER, and have done some. I'm sure there are things I could be doing that I'm not aware of. I'm new to selling online. I do believe sales will come, it's just getting to that point.

I do love it here on eCRATER. I love how the store looks, and it was easy to set up. Good luck to you all!!!

Kristen of TheMineralLadies
http://themineralladies.ecrater.com
[/color][/size][/color][/color]
Strikefoil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting hits but no sales.
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
You might put shipping included in your titles.

Several months ago there was a discussion that sais having either Free Shipping or Shipping Included in titles would cause problems with search engines or Google. Now I am not certain which it was but I did change my titles.

I havent had a lot of sales but usually sell 4 or more items a month. Last month I didnt have any sales and so far the same this month. All of my sales have been from the eCrater.com web site.

I wonder if my low sales are due to the huge number of books/magazines (68,276 items listed) that buyers have to view! Its too bad the book category wasnt broken into more sub categories! Crying or Very sad
LDBMEDIASTORAGE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smdjewelry...very nice jewelry!

Doesn't look like the OP took to the suggestions...home page still very generic
helcha1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the 'hits' we're getting are mostly from sellers on this site just seeing what's available? I have yet to make a sale, but getting 'hits'.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where the hits come from, but it's hard to believe you can get that many hits and no bites.
I've been selling online for over ten years. 3 at ebay, 7 at Bidville and Yahoo. yahoo was great, but since it closed I've seen my sales decrease dramatically...the last two months have been the worst in ten years. Even during the summer when I was plugging like crazy all over the net, they weren't great. And since school started and I don't have time to do that, sales have died.
I think the economy is just getting steadily worse. Folks who are trying to keep from having their home repossessed are not going to be buying luxuries or even many necessities.
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Html Reply with quote

Binkie

I added key words to my site but I did not use html. I was under the impress that eCrater did not use html.
Now I will go back in and change them.
Thanks for your description.
binkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use HTML, but you can put your Meta Tags in by going to your Adm Tools page and clicking on:

Edit Texts

Then clicking on each of the below:

Title Tag

Meta Description Tag

Meta Keywords Tag

I looked at your Meta's and you need to fix the following.

<title>babygiftsexpress</title> PUT THE NAME OF YOUR STORE HERE!!
<meta name="description" content=WHAT YOU HAVE HERE IS VERY GOOD - LEAVE IT ALONE
<meta name="keywords" content="PUT YOUR KEYWORDS HERE SEPERATED BY A COMMA!!
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Meta keywords binkie Reply with quote

I just went over and deleted all of my keywords. Then I clicked on the question mark and realized that when I added them I used their instructions.

Now, I would like someone to please clarify.

Do you add each word using html. I was under the impression you can't use html.

Do you add each word separated by a comma only.

Do you add each work with quotes and then a comma

Thanks much
binkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babygiftsexpress

Read up - I thought that I explained it fairly well.
helcha1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Finally first sale, you got to see this Reply with quote

So I finally got a 1st sale and the acknowledgement e I sent to the 'buyer' was bounced back as 'illegal' address. Fortunatly the phone number was correct. Called..............turns out to be a kid, mommy answered the phone, I informed her about the order and I would cancel it if there is a problem. She said no and they would buy the 1.95 item. she said she
was having problems with the e address and to add her year of birth to it. So far it's not bouncing back. I've been selling on the net since 1998 and this is the first time this happened. Having the phone number makes things so much the better. So I hope should I sell another item it will not be so involved. She also said she never heard of ecrater, think she'll remember it now? Guess it was a way of advertising ecrator. Smile
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Binkie thanks Reply with quote

No binkie. You explained it very well. But after I saw it on the board and went to fix what I had there according to your instructions I found it confusing to a person who was new here and did not know html because of the question mark and the instructions there next to the boxes.

I am glad your description is up there and am very glad I found it. Maybe it will help increase my sales.

Many thanks again.
babygiftsexpress

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: I see Blinkie now! Reply with quote

I thought using all the symbols was html. But it isn't?

Just curious to know for my own knowledge.
binkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem. Maybe this will be more clear:

Sign in to eCRATER and then click on, Edit Texts, then you will see Title Tag, Meta Description Tag and Meta Kewords Tag.

Click on each one individually and what you want in each is below.

Title Tag - PUT THE NAME OF YOUR STORE HERE!!

Meta Description Tag - WHAT YOU HAVE HERE IS VERY GOOD - LEAVE IT ALONE

Meta Keywords Tag - PUT YOUR KEYWORDS HERE SEPERATED BY A COMMA!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: