eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do you offer refunds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDBMEDIASTORAGE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Do you offer refunds? Reply with quote

I've been browsing some stores here at ecrater and was surprised to find several store owners that do not offer refunds or exchanges if the item arrives and is damaged/defective etc.

I can't imagine spending a couple hundred dollars for an item and have it be worthless!

We always offer replacement/refund for damaged merchandise. The post office is quite rough and although those jewel cases are packed pretty darn good, occasionally a package gets damaged.

What we do is offer a couple of options:
1. Ask if the customer would like to place another order and if so we'll send their replacements with that order and add extra. This is a win/win because the customer gets free stuff and we don't have to pay high shipping costs to reship something, just a few dollars extra usually to add it with their current order.

2. We offer to send replacements for the damaged ones.
3. We offer a partial refund (figure how much they paid per piece and multiply that by the number of damaged ones)

Anyway....my husband thinks we're too lenient but considering the low number of damages we get I think it's good customer service.

I'm wondering what other people's policy is and why you chose to have it that way?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tressables

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't offer refunds, but I do guarantee my product. If a Tressable is found to be defective (except for broken beads), I will repair it at no charge to the customer.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does you no good whatsoever to not offer refunds or credits of one kind or another and the fact is by offering limited refunds i.e. price of merchandise but not shipping, you can actually be saving yourself money. An angry buyer will just file a complaint with Paypal or reverse the charge on their credit card and you will lose it all, not just the cost of the item.

I put time limits on returns to avoid the problem of using a fashion item and returning it after the do. I never refund shipping unless I have sent the wrong item and then of course the buyer gets the item replaced and return shipping refunded.

I never send breakables without insurance. I've never had a package not show up but I've had several arrive broken no matter how well I pack. If the buyer won't cooperate with filing a breakage claim, I don't refund as I consider that a scam on their part and I refuse to be out double.

I had a buyer refuse to file once. She ordered two forgettable coffee mugs and said one arrived broken. Claimed no one in Brooklyn post office knew how to file an insurance claim. Not only did she want a total refund, she wanted $20.00 for pain and suffering for her disappointment.

Not accepting Paypal or Google does nothing for your credibility and will cost you sales. I'd rather risk an occasional refund than lose the sales. Love them or hate them, they give a store an air of professionalism.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
An angry buyer will just file a complaint with Paypal or reverse the charge on their credit card and you will lose it all, not just the cost of the item.

There's the rub. Anybody who pays with PayPal or a credit card (which would include Google Checkout) can most likely get their money back even if the seller has a "no refunds" policy.

One piece of advice that always makes sense to me though is never give a partial refund and never give a full refund without return of the merchandise. There are certainly exceptions but that rule of thumb can help protect sellers from potential scams.
PANDPCOINS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Refunds ? Oh My Gosh YES !!!! Reply with quote

I stand behind my products 100% .If anything I sell is not up to the customers expectations I refund instantly .
Lets face it folks customer service can either make or break you .
That does not mean that I reward buyers remorse , s/h is not included unless there is some type of gross error then I refund all monies and cry in my pillow ,lol.
pandpcoins
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sell one of kind items, there no option to replace it.

Here are our Terms of Service:
NO RETURNS...HOWEVER REFUNDS FOR THE COST OF THE ITEM UPON MUTUAL AGREEMENT!!! {SHIPPING CHARGES NOT REFUNDABLE}

All items we sell are used. We cannot guarantee odor or pet free.

We have used it on a variety of venues for 3 years. So far have not had any arguements. We just ask the buyer detail why they are unhappy with the purchase on the first contact. Second e-mail we apologize and ask what THEY would like us to do.
Most request 1/2 of the cost of the item as a refund... Which we promptly issue IF we agree that would be the right thing to do. (and it usually is).
We have issued 4 refunds in 3 years....with no negative feedback.
(Knock on wood).
enchantedpotions

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good ideas there - thanks!

www.ldbmediastorage.ecrater.com
www.enchantedpotions.ecrater.com
castlegifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of my items are handmade at the time of purchase but if a customer is not happy with the product I always give a refund.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: