eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie needing help with Tags

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THISANDTHATFASHIONSHACK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Newbie needing help with Tags Reply with quote

Embarassed ]
Hi I am new to this site that I found on Auctiva. Another great free site I might add. I am in the process of starting my store and I was wanting to know what these were.
Title tag
Meta tag
Meta Description
What are they and how do they work? Please help! Very Happy

Thank you, Amy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
urbanmash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy!

Meta tags help the search engines to index your website.

The title tag is just what it sounds like. You should include the name of your store and maybe a brief statement. whatever you enter into this section will be visible to your visitors at the top left of the browser. If you look at my page, you will see it says - Urban Mash, your online boutique for stylish apparel and accessories

The description tag should be a description of your store. Search engines will frequently use the information in this tag to display when your store shows up in searches. Think of this as an advertisement statement; it should make a buyer want to go shop at your store.

The keywords are a list of words and phrases, separated by commas, that someone may use when doing an internet search. Try to include as many keywords that relate to your products as possible. Right now you have a good list of keywords on your store's homepage in the "Welcome" section. Make sure to include all of them. Also make sure not to list the same keyword multiple times; search engines may detect this as keyword spam, which could result in your site not being indexed.

By the way, try not to use ALL CAPS in your storefront's welcome. It's very hard on the eyes. Wink

I hope this helps. Good luck with your new store!

Leesha Dawn
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: