eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

for cat lovers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: for cat lovers Reply with quote

http://animalvideos.yahoo.com/video-detail?vid=28470581&cid=24037714
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cute and smart too!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny. My cat won't touch anything I eat although if I am eating on the sofa she will get close enough to sniff at my plate but refuses to eat any of it. However if I set my ice cream dish on the floor when finished she will lick it dry. But if I give her some ice cream she will walk away from it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I saw that video before. My cat tigger (R.I.P. baby boy) used to steal my gummy bears. He couldn't get enough of them, especially the gummy bears you'd get at the old fashioned craft fairs made from honey! He'd grab the bottle with his teeth and take off with it. And tuna, he'd jump up into my lap and start eating off my plate. If I shewed him away, he'd slap me with his paw (declawed) on the arm. It was cute, not mean. If I tried to lock him out of the room, he'd knock on the door non-stop and eventually let himself in. He could open doors and cabinets. He was a maine coon. My mother had one too. Eventually I learned to make him his own little plate of tuna when I was eating it but he would not eat it out of his bowl, I had to put it on a ceramic plate with crackers. lol
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've never had gummy bears made from honey!!

that would be so yummy to try!!

cat eating off ceramic plate...tuna with crackers!! lol!!
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband sits on a particular chair to watch tv with a glass of water on the table next to the chair. My white cat, Smudgy will sneak over and drink the water from his glass. He also likes chicken dog treats and we have to give him some when we are giving some to our dogs.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gummy bears made from honey are addictive and sweet! I use to have a miniature schnauzer who loved to play with cat toys (mice usually) and he also loved to chase red lasers and those little balls that rolled around the room on their own.
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay you're making my mouth water (at the thought of those bears)!!

i like the original gummy bears, but i'd get sick after eating a small bagful of them Razz
SuzanneMedrano

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sam loved pancakes and Chris gets corn on the cob.
I make catnip toys if you have a kitty that has been good.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always treated my cats as if they were people. Don't get me wrong, I love my doggies too! But cats, they have a more distinguished personality than dogs. I read an article on Yahoo today about cat personalities. I was quite interesting. Spoke of them as if they are just like humans as far as emotions and habits go. They also feel depression, anxiety, and true anger just as us humans do. I believe it. But the same is true for dogs. I used to live in an area in the country where people drove like maniacs since it was so far out that there were no speed limit signs. Our neighbors obviously forgot the rule that if there are no speed limit signs and you are in a rural area, automatically assume that the limit is 45. So they went 55 to 60 mph. I can't tell you how many cats (and dogs) lives were taken because of these idiots. *Wants to cry thinking of memories* Crying or Very sad

But I remember that everytime I lost a cat to one of these nutjob drivers, my dog Lucky would sob and mope around for 3 days straight. Not eating, sleeping all the time, and practically lethargic as since she was an outside dog, she always ended up seeing this when it happened. We lost 2 cats to the road and one to my neighbor's Alaskan Husky. I have hated that breed ever since that day. Anyway, Lucky knew what happened. She was no idiot just because she was a canine and it made her genuinely depressed. She played the role of "Mother" to all of my outside cats. They slept in her bed, cuddled up with her every night. It was the cutest sight. Heartwarming. I know some of you are probably thinking that if I lost that many cats to the road that I must be a neglectful owner or something but, again, in reference to the cat pesonality subject, you try restricting an outdoor cat and tell me how well that works. Especially, one in the country that has been free to roam the grassy lands since birth. Sorry I keep pestering everyone with my posts. When you start talking about animals, I am all there. They ARE my kids and I recently moved into a apartment where no pets except for gerbils, mice, ferrots, birds, and fish are allowed and it's been eating at me hard.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferrets are fun. Very mischivous I understand.

My cat knows exactly what I am saying and responds accordingly. Her vocals change the way human voices change according to what prompt I give her. If I've been out I get a right proper scolding when I come home with a sharp voice and a cat walking in circles around me.

At 4 pm she must have her cat treats. If I ask at 4 if she would like them. I get a pleasant yes. If I forget and haven't looked at a clock, she will get on my lap and become very loving. If I still don't remember she will suddenly give me a hard stare and a sharp almost yelp cry. An addict in need of a fix.

If I feed her the wrong food, as in not the flavor she had in mind, she will sniff, look up at me and give a 'please don''t make me eat that' kind of wimper.

She will wait patiently at the door till I say, 'Do you want to go out?' Then she will give a pleasant yes. I open the door and sometimes she doesn't smell anything of interest so will back up, make a little changed my mind sound and walk back into the room.

She loves to lie on my stomach when I am stretched out watching TV. If she is in another chair asleep all I have to do is say, Cash do you want to sleep on my lap and she will wake up and give a little yes before joining me.

I know the professionals both human and animal behaviorists will say I am projecting human traits onto a pet and imagining it but I don't think they have ever lived with a pet as part of the family as opposed to having an animal in the house or laboratory.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: