eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bookooguru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Google Base Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has had any sucess using Google Base?

I put four of my products on there last night just to see how it works. Anyone else ever used it, and if so, how much did it help you?

It is kinda slow to put the items on there one at a time, but I believe that is the best way to get a variety of products listed.

Any thoughts?

Ramona

BookooGuru, Your KISS headquarters and more!
Click above for our Hard Rock Caf pins and artisan-crafted jewelry. OOAK (One-of-a-Kind)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FRAMESnGIFTS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question.

I tried last night as well. I put just one thing from each store I have just for a test. I didn't see it showing up anywhere when I did a search.

Maybe it just takes a while. I'm new to this so I don't know how long it takes.

Liz
yellowrose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Google Base Reply with quote

I don't know the answer to your question and would love to know as well. Also, how does it work? Where does it show up at? Google Products or where?
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this summer, I listed nearly 500 items there. Now, when I do a search the listings don't come up-although they come up from the automatic feed Google does.
I will say that the only sales I've had at Ecrater in a couple of months have been through the Google search.
FRAMESnGIFTS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that there have been a few ad views so maybe our items don't show up for us somehow, but maybe for others?

Don't know if that's possible or not...:::shrug:::

Have you checked to see if there were any hits, views or clicks on your items yet since then?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Base expires after 30 days. I put several items on for a month before I started on ecrater. I doubt anyone looked at them. They also don't alert you that the items are about to expire so you have to start all over again in listing if you want to renew it. It is quite time consuming to list, or perhaps I didn't list enough to get the hang of it.

The only advantage I can think of is that it directs items directly to you and not ecrater.
FRAMESnGIFTS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about that. It didn't have an option for placing shipping charge anywhere, but it asks for the website address so I put the eCrater address. I thought since it had the place to put the ecrater address it would maybe go there or take the shipping charge info from there.

Also, I noticed it defaults to an anonymous google email address or that you have the option of selecting not to put an email address at all or using your own. Where would the anonymous email go?
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it also but hardly any views even so didn't bother to renew them.

Joyce

http://periwinkles.ecrater.com
http://musicalnotes.ecrater.com
thisandthatbargains

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rec'd traffic & sales from Google Base. Added a button on the page so people could have options - buy there or go to another online site. It gets the merchandise seen by people who are actively looking for it.

- La'Shon
Children's Merchandise Seller
thisandthatbargains.ecrater.com
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the bulk upload. But if you list individually, use the link option in the description box to link to your ecrater store. I just put 'shipping and payment options' for the title of the link.
Also, the listings don't disappear at the end of 30 days, they are under the expired tab at the top of your 'my items' page. Just click on 'edit' and scroll down to the days to run box and type in 30 again, then publish.
It's a pain to redo every 30 days, but that's one of the things my DIL will be doing for me-worth paying someone else to do! Wink
As I said, I don't know that I've sold anything directly from this project, but most of what I have sold from my store has been through google.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Bulk Upload Reply with quote

It took awhile to get a bulk upload in the correct format, but it is really worthwhile to spend your time and upload every 30 days.

Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: