eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Selling on Ecrater
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Selling on Ecrater Reply with quote

Ok,
I have what seems like a stupid question, but i am under the impression that stock photos and drop shippers are at the bottom of all catagories and not google base loaded, and frowned upon here. Also i thought you could not put in clickable link ads on the forum or on your ecrater website, well why is this item and seller on the front page when you come to ecrater:

BKT50205 Y Kaytee Finch Forti Diet 25 lb - Pet Bird Supplies - Bird Food - E Pet

From this store:
http://epetproducts.ecrater.com

This is a stock photo, no doubt, also look at the items in this store, they are all stock photos, but because they pay money for the main spot they get special treatment. Sounds like e-bay and Amazon to me.

Also there are Google ads that are clickable at the bottom and i was told that was a No - no, but if you pay that is ok also. What about this item:

Eternity (eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 Oz)- Perfumes - Cologne Body Spray - Fragrances

Store:
http://fragrances.ecrater.com

defanitly stock photos and google ads as well.

So i want to be sure i understand the rules of ecrater, if you do not pay money to have to follow all the rules no matter what but if you pay money you can do what you want, not follow the rules and get special treatment. Am i correct on this or am i missing something?
Scott
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand where you are coming from as far as ecrater promoting a huge drop shipper but can't find any Google ads on the listings. Some of the featured pics are so small you can't tell what they are.

I think you should complain to ecrater about it. We did get the search reversed by complaining.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you all need to understand that is not ALL drop shippers that are considered affiliates. It's main drop shippers that flood the market (like SMC for one example) that are considered affiiates.

It's in the terms of selling here. Try reading them!

You can put URL's anywhere you want in your store or listings or text pages. They are NOT clickable links because you need HTML to make it clickable and you can not use HTML within ecrater.com.
Where do you see any clickable links?

Quote:
why is this item and seller on the front page when you come to ecrater:

Because they bought and paid for home page advertising on ecrater.com
and the owner of ecrater.com has determined that their items are not AFFILIATE links.

Quote:
So i want to be sure i understand the rules of ecrater, if you do not pay money to have to follow all the rules no matter what but if you pay money you can do what you want, not follow the rules and get special treatment. Am i correct on this or am i missing something?

ABSOLUTELY not a true statement!
YOU don't seem to understand what is considered an affiliate store unter the terms of ecrater.com

It really has little to do with stock photos or drop shippers. It's more of is the seller selling items they had to pay to be a member of a group to sell those items - like SMC and so many other dropshipper affilate programs.
IT has more to do with is the market flooded with the items.
It has a ton to do with the guidelines that Google has in regard to feeds being sent in.

So until you can understand the Google feed guidelines you won't ever understand how ecrater.com determines which stores are flagged as affiliate and which aren't.
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ads are at the botom of these listings which are google ads in a google ads box and YES are indeed clickable as i did click on all 4 of them. I also fopund google ads elsewhere. I will try and copy and paste the ads:

categories > Home & Garden > Pets (6310)

VNL2 L VAN NESS LINER DRAWSTRING LARGE 12 - Pet Cat Supplies - Cat Pans - E Pet

Price: $3.11

Seller:
epetproducts ( 0.00 ) Store:

View Seller's Feedback Ask seller a question

Shipping Available To:
US-Mainland Shipping Fees:
US-Mainland: $8.04

Sales Tax: Virginia: 5% (When shipped to Virginia)

Product condition: brand new product

Accepted Payment Methods:

Google Checkout is a fast, secure way to buy from stores across the web.

When it's time to buy, look for the button.

Use it once and stop creating new accounts every time you buy. Learn more

CAT LITTER BOXES AND FILTERS BY
VAN NESS

VAN NESS LINER DRAWSTRING LARGE 12

PHOTO SHOWS AL SIZES THIS IS FOR ONE BOX AS DESCRIBED

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS; PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING:
Most of the items we offer are shipped directly to you within 24 - 48 hours. We want to be clear that items can take up to 7 days to ship. You can tell by our feedbacks that we pride ourselves on fast shipping. You may find a faster shipper on eCrater but you will not find a seller more dedicated to customer service. Read our FAQs page for answers to most of your questions. If you have a question just ask us. We will add it to our FAQs.

To visit our sister eCrater stores just copy and paste the following into your browser.

For Pet Products;

For Lingerie Items;
http://nightfantasies.ecrater.com

For Bath and Beauty Products;
http://fragrances.ecrater.com

For Estee-Lauder Fragrances;
http://estee-lauder.ecrater.com

For General Merchandise;
http://youbuyitweshipit.ecrater.com

On the big auction site we have over 13,380 positive feedbacks.
Everything we sell is new.

This is the featured ad and at the bottom of this item are the googlr ads, which i cannot for some reason copy. Check and you shall see.

Here is the ad link:
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-0559664827379296

Scott
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS,
I have read the terms, i do understand the google feed, as i use it very well on my own site, all i am saying is wether it is SMC, Valor, orany one of the thousand that are out there, a drop shipper is a drop shipper, stock photos are still stock photos and the rules should apply to all no matter what, period. i am not trying to cause troble but i read all the time to use your own pictures and have all the items in stock, well i know for a fact that is not true with the featured items being displayed on the main page on Ecrator. We want people to trust ecrator but yet this is going against the rules of ecrator. Go figure, so as i say, as long as you pay you can do want you want.

Scott
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
I am trying to copy the google ad but i am having no luck, so this is what i did to find it, i went to
http://www.ecrater.com/
On the main page in the FEATURED ITEM SECTION is a picture, click on it and at the bottom of the description of the it, at the bottom of the page are the 4 google ads with clickable links.
Ok i just checked and they have been removed by either them or ecrater, LOL so now i look crazy.
I checked all the ads and the google ads have been removed lol,
but the drop ship, stock photo is still a valid point.
Scott
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty,
I agree with you on the stock photo issue, and i could care less if people use a drop shipper or not, the point i am trying to make is if you penalize one store for stock photos and then put the same stock photos on the main page of ecrater as a featured because someone pays you money is just not right. i understand it is a private site but you cannot break your own rules when you expect everyone else to abide by them. It makes for a cheap website with no standards, you either need to stay within the rules or fix them so all can follow, not follow them when the mode strikes you.
Scott
licenseplatesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
This has been a long standing problem with ecrater. There has always been confusion on what a drop shipper is and what an affiliate is. Many here still insist on calling drop shippers as affiliates and this is just not true in any sense.

As far a stock photos go, it don't mean diddly. There is no way for any script to distinguish between a stock photo and one someone takes in their living room. Google certainly doesn't care.The notion that stock photos are some how penalized is false and could only happen if someone took the time to review each photo.

I agree, if ecrater is going to offer a free service then ALL sellers should be treated equally. There are those that are happy selling used stuff from yard sales and attics and taking their own pictures. Then there are others that choose to use a more modern business model and use large distribution companies that provide professional product photos and drop shipping.

Bottom line is ultimately this is ecraters site and he can do as he wishes

This is not really true as it is written in the terms the bigandtall keeps pointing out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tall you are the only one who seems to understand the difference between drop-shipper and affiliate. I have read the terms several times. It is clear as mud. I would appreciate it if you would spell it out in detail for all those who are interested or affected by it. Which basically is every seller on ecrater.

License plates I still can't find a clickable link on any of their listings or Google ads. Listing the urls to their other stores is not clickable.

Last edited by thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
binkie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-0559664827379296 is not a good link
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a long standing problem with ecrater. There has always been confusion on what a drop shipper is and what an affiliate is. Many here still insist on calling drop shippers as affiliates and this is just not true in any sense.

As far a stock photos go, it don't mean diddly. There is no way for any script to distinguish between a stock photo and one someone takes in their living room. Google certainly doesn't care.The notion that stock photos are some how penalized is false and could only happen if someone took the time to review each photo.

I agree, if ecrater is going to offer a free service then ALL sellers should be treated equally. There are those that are happy selling used stuff from yard sales and attics and taking their own pictures. Then there are others that choose to use a more modern business model and use large distribution companies that provide professional product photos and drop shipping.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:

Then there are others that choose to use a more modern business model and use large distribution companies that provide professional product photos and drop shipping.

Look at Google where there are no pictures listed but if you click on the link the listing has a pic. These are also at the end of the listings. You telling me Google examines every single listing fed to it?

Of course Google cares about drop/affiliate shipping. Every time one of them posts an item on a website that feeds to Google, they are giving a large company free advertising. That's not part of their business model or else why sell advertising?

As for stock photos being more professional, they are one photo taken with intense light that washes out the environment. If you want to see the flip side or a different angle or the inside etc. you are just out of luck.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat"]
aspencounty wrote:

Then there are others that choose to use a more modern business model and use large distribution companies that provide professional product photos and drop shipping.

Quote:
Look at Google where there are no pictures listed but if you click on the link the listing has a pic. These are also at the end of the listings. You telling me Google examines every single listing fed to it?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here??. That's precisely my point. Google does not examine every single listing feed to it. For anyone to say because it's a stock photo therefore it won't show up in searches is in correct. Now granted, ecrater could filter them but it would require a manual filtering...someone would have to view each image and make their determination if an image is stock or not. Believe me, Google could care less where you get you product photos from.

Quote:
Of course Google cares about drop/affiliate shipping. Every time one of them posts an item on a website that feeds to Google, they are giving a large company free advertising. That's not part of their business model or else why sell advertising?

That's absurd. That's like saying ever time you list and item, you're giving the manufacturer/supplier free advertising and that ticks Google off. Do you really think with the millions of websites and billions of products on the web Google is concerned if I'm drop shipping or not.

Quote:
As for stock photos being more professional, they are one photo taken with intense light that washes out the environment. If you want to see the flip side or a different angle or the inside etc. you are just out of luck.

I partly agree. Depending on want your selling it may be beneficial to have multiple angled pics. Most companies that provide photos have a professional photography department that simply are going to produce a better quality, highly optimized for the web photo (smaller file size for faster loading) than most people can take on their kitchen table

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:

If Google doesn't care, why don't they allow them?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GOT IT!!!

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=894228

This is an affilitate store!
That is why there are google ads at the bottom - ecrater.com puts them there.

I will admit I am confused to NOW as to why they were allowed to purchase front page advertising. BUT I don't pay the bills for this site either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: