eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Checkout API Callback HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aslanstore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Google Checkout API Callback HELP! Reply with quote

I apologize if this issue has been addressed, I could seem to find the topic discussed other than a GC thread some months old...

I keep getting emails from Google with the subject line:
"Attention required: order notification failing"

I follow the instructions included in the email to log into my Google Checkout account and read the error messages (which of course make no sense) - but the API Callback URL appears to be accurate:
"https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php"

what gives?

thanks!
Marty
thisandthatbargains

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty,

Did you enter your Google Merchant ID & Key correctly in the eCrater Administrator under Payment Options? Check this. Perhaps that's the problem.

- La'Shon
Children's Merchandise Seller
thisandthatbargains.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
floralchemy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: If you are sure your settings are correct... Reply with quote

then you can chalk it up to an error on GCO's part. Months ago, I was operating a website with a shopping cart set up to accept GCO. All settings were correct. Despite this, I received the same daily emails that you are receiving. Actually, everything was okay, and I was receiving order notifications, etc. I think I read somewhere that the notices are supposed to stop after 30 days. Mine went on for much longer but eventually did stop. Customer service was no help.

I would recommend a test order of a small purchase, then refund yourself. That way you'll know for sure.

Cym
aslanstore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply La'Shon...

yep, that's the first thing I checked... and what's odd is that I dont even have any active listings on eCrater right now.
thisandthatbargains

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AslanStore,

You may want to join this group - Google Checkout Developers - and post the question.
Perhaps someone there can assist. There must be a reason for the error message.

- La'Shon
Children's Merchandise Seller
thisandthatbargains.ecrater.com

Last edited by thisandthatbargains on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I know this has come up at least a couple of times recently but I don't remember if there was any resolution.

I tried searching the forums for "order notification failing" and "https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php" (both of which were mentioned in those threads, I know) but got over 5000 bad results so something must be wrong with the forum search.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's one thread:
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5746

I think it must be some kind of glitch. I'd follow the reporting instructions in that thread to let eCrater know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: