eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Cannot find my items general search, but can in advanced
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aplumdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Cannot find my items general search, but can in advanced Reply with quote

Hello,

Since September I've had 0 sales. I think I know why - when I do a general search on www.ecrater.com, none of my items show up, but when I enter the same search terms in advance search, they appear. Any suggestions on why this may be? My store does not seem to be suspended - if you know where it is, you can still see all the products.

Any suggestions on how to increase the visibility of my products?

Finally, I've tried to pay for premium position advertising. My first email inquiry went through, and I got a reply quickly. I replied back asking for a PayPal invoice and to confirm some details, but the email keeps bouncing back. Another attempt to contact through the contact form went unanswered. Does anyone know of any technical difficulties contacting the site owner?

Thank you!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a serious negative feedback that needs attention. That may be why your items are not showing up. I did find that what you said about your items not showing up in a general search to be true. The negative FB could also be why you have no sales and why you are not getting your emails through.

Also in your home page blurb you go into detail about changing your name and appearance. That's a red flag particularly in technology where there are so many scam sellers.

As for the feedback. If you asked me to pay more postage after the fact I'd refuse also.

Also you are using stock photos. These do not show up on Google. You pretty much need them to get traffic to your store.
aplumdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat,

Thank you for your feedback. That was really helpful. For the feedback, I clicked into my feedback at http://aplumdeal.ecrater.com/view-feedback.php?storeid=27879
The ranking says 100% and all the printed comments are positive, although in the "Past Month" column I see a negative feedback. How can I click in to view it, and is it possible to see who it's from so that I can address it with the buyer?

I just checked through our email records and we never asked anyone to pay more postage after the fact - this could be an error or a misunderstanding. Is there any way to mutually withdraw feedback so that our items get better visibility?

We're changing our name for branding purposes. Not all user IDs/domains/etc. are available on all sites, so we finally found one that was available. Would you recommend opening a new ecrater store, or sticking with this one?

Finally, I'm a little confused about the stock photos advice. Are you recommending using stock photos, or taking our own photographs?

Thanks again for your advice.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either I'm completely blind, or your negative feedback must have been removed. Your score is 100% and the negative line has 0's all the way across. The "past month" column has 1 positive.

I'm pretty sure she was recommending taking your own photos. I think ads with stock photos are supposed to be at the bottom of searches. Some part of the search function was messed up for a while; if that's still the case, I'm not sure if the photos matter or not for the moment. But I think that's how it's supposed to work.

Can you take your own photos or are your items dropshipped from a supplier? I think that's the point she was trying to make.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

Check out Section 3.4. Stock photos usually indicate dropshippers or affiliates.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Finally, I've tried to pay for premium position advertising. My first email inquiry went through, and I got a reply quickly. I replied back asking for a PayPal invoice and to confirm some details, but the email keeps bouncing back. Another attempt to contact through the contact form went unanswered. Does anyone know of any technical difficulties contacting the site owner?

DID you perhaps reply to an email from noreply@ecrater.com???

Using the contact us form is best. not everythig gets replied to as there are only so many hours in a day. Last I knew the home page advertising is booked through the end of March. So if you wanted it before then it's not available.

Quote:
Can you take your own photos or are your items dropshipped from a supplier? I think that's the point she was trying to make.

That's the real question.
Your store has been flagged as an affilate store under the terms of ecrater.com. That's why they are the end of a search - as stated within the terms.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night when I checked your site, your feedback was stated as -100% and when I clicked on it there was one feedback that stated you had requested more money for postage after payment and when the buyer asked for a refund and cancelation they heard nothing back from you and did not get a refund. Recommendation was not to buy from you.

I just checked your feedback and it is gone now and replaced with positive feedback. Have no idea what that screw-up was about but I clicked onto that feedback from your store.

I certainly was not trying to malign you.

Yes I meant take your own photos. Stock photos are usually vague and meant for catalogues not online sites.
aplumdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all (and especially thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat),

Thanks for your help! I know that all your intentions were good. Not sure what happened with the feedback - maybe it was just a technical mixup.

All of our photos are actually our's and we ship every single one of our products ourselves. There are a few with a watermark - those were taken before our company was sold to another (hence also the need to change names). Haven't had time to go around to fix those photos, and I can't find the original pre-watermarked ones (which goes to show to never be too quick to delete stuff off your hard drive).

Finally, I did reply to the actual real email address, and also sent using the contact form. I'm a bit confused, as I'm not interested in the home page advertising, but rather the category advertising. When I click into the subcategory I want, there's no ad there so it looks available. Unless you're not allowed premium placement in subcategories?
aplumdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update - checked my email and just got the invoice from Dimitar, whew! Hopefully I'll start to see better sales.

Still back to my original question - any way to unflag my store as an affiliate store and have my products shown in search?

My items still are not visible under regular search - 0 results when I type in any one of my keywords. They're not even visible at the end of a search when I type in the term "GPS".

Thanks again. My branding/renaming question I'll try to put in a more appropriate forum.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't think affilate classification is why your items don't show up. I'd make sure they were showing up before paying for placement.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to contact Dimitri only he knows if you are flagged or not.
aplumdeal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've written Dimitri - hopefully I'll get a response soon! Cool
CuriousCloset

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I am having the same problem and I know it is not because of negative feedback because I have no feedback.My store is fairly new however as well as some of the listings.I can find my items in advanced but not general,is it possible this is because my store and listings are new?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using stock photos as mentioned earlier? Are you dropshipping?
CuriousCloset

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some items yes,but when I do the search in general there are other people using the exact same pictures I have and theirs are showing up.I don't understand,if my store has been flagged as an affiliate? store or something,shouldn't theirs also?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: