eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Make an offer category

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Make an offer category Reply with quote

I'm desperate to reclaim some closet space so I've put a Make an Offer category on my housecat store and will have it on the other two stores by the weekend. I'm primarily focusing on the larger things to free up some space but have added a few small items just to get people to look at my categories--hopefully.

I'm keeping it to one page of listings per store until I see if it works or not. I had pretty good success with make an offer on eBay. Of course there are always the time wasters who offer a dollar for a $100 item but for the most part people made offers I could accept without too much grief.

You will find the Make an Offer on
http://maggiethehousecat.ecrater.com
and
http://theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat.ecrater.com
and
http://thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat.ecrater.com

Check it out and email me if you see anything you want or use Ask seller a question.

Last edited by thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea! You might want to put something about that on your home page so folks will understand, since there are prices listed for each item. Let us know how it does!
binkie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think for it to be effective then i should be one of your Featured Categories.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestions both of you. I did this at 2am so will refine it later today. I have to have prices on the items in order for the listing to go through. Your ideas have now been incorporated.
twobeadsinapod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, for some reason, trying to pm you back is not working, (it says no such user exists) so I'm going to reply to you in here, hopefully you'll check this!

Thank you very much for your email!

Trust me, I'm not offended at all. In fact, I'm so relieved that I got your message. I've been doing EVERYTHING that I can to try and give my website some exposure, but I've only made 2 sales since I opened my shop and I couldn't figure out why! And did I mention the 2 people know me? Smile

Anyway, it makes so much sense now to think of it that way when it comes to searches. I've been creating my jewelry for four years, and I always name my pieces, usually after what inspired me, or how the piece makes me feel. I always felt that it made each and every piece unique and special. I'd see other sellers with a description of the piece as the title, and I was always like, "why?"
NOW I SEE.

I will get right on to fixing that!!

Thank you so very much, and please, if you have any other critiques you'd like to give me in the future, I'm am all for them!

I'm still trying to get on Google--no matter what I search for, I can't even find my website in the results, and I've submitted myself to SO many directories....
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maggie, for some reason, trying to pm you back is not working, (it says no such user exists) so I'm going to reply to you in here, hopefully you'll check this!

You must be using FireFox, lol. LONG user names don't seem to work with FireFox.
It will work with IE.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have Make an offer in all three of my stores.

www.thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat.ecrater.com

www.maggiethehousecat.ecrater.com

www.theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat.ecrater.com

Items are not marked. Look for them in the index of store categories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: