eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My first Question ,and it was a Sad one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PANDPCOINS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: My first Question ,and it was a Sad one Reply with quote

Well I received an inquiry from a prospective buyer yesterday . I was so very thrilled too .
Then i opened it and here is what i found

Re: TIBETAN SILVER BRACELET, TURQUOISE ,SEE PICS ! Buyer: Lona Please move this to the proper category. This isn' t children's jewelry and listing in the improper category, can be grounds for suspension. If not moved immediately, you will be reported to ecrater. Remove ALL items improperly listed in childrens jewelry, not just a few!
I mean really ! these little bracelets are perfect for children .Both my neices have one they are perfectly okay with them .
I wont post my reply but i will post the link to one of the products
tell me what you think please .
Polly
http://pandpcoins.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1521704
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dakotaexchange

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polly,

Ignore that email.

I got the exact same email on one of my items from the same author.

They think they are the eCrater police and somehow, think they can bully people.

In fact, you may want to forward on the origianl email to eCrater with your complaint about the situation.

Your bracelet looks to me to be just fine, right where you have it listed.

Don't let this bully scare you!
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked out the link you provided and the bracelet sure looks too small for an adult wrist. I know pictures can be deceiving but I doubt very much you would put an adult bracelet in a kid's category and vice versa. Imagine the backlash from the buyer! By the way, it's a pretty bracelet! I know nothing about jewellery or what the common way to describe any of it is but how much of a pain in the rear would it be to mention the size (closed as shown)?

No, please don't yell at me. I hear ya! Should not be necessary! There seems to be an overload of sniping, sarcasm and finger pointing lately and it's most upsetting. I am so sorry you received that e-mail and for the impact it had on your day. For what it's worth, I'm irritated on your behalf!
Vickie
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has the right to be sending these emails.

It is currently being looked into.
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall

Has anyone said thank you to you lately?

Thank you
Vickie
yellowrose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: My first Question ,and it was a Sad one Reply with quote

Yes, thank you for all you do to help. It must be a tremendous job! Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an easy way to solve your problem. List the length of the bracelet and mention that it is ideal for a child or small adult in the description. (The length/size of all jewelry should be in the descriptions if jewelry sellers don't want lots of returns, time wasting emails etc.)

That is still no excuse for the rude emails this person is sending. Sounds like someone wants to get rid of the competition.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to thank me. I totally believe that if we all help one another we will all be a success!

My time is getting more and more limited BUT I do what I can to help and keep ecrater.com a success.
kimskorner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I got the "official" word!!

My youngest daughter is 11 and I asked her if she liked the bracelet and if she would wear it.......LOL she got excited and thought it was one of her Christmas gifts! She loves it.

So there! haha

Seriously though....just what everyone else says....I think it's fine just where you have it.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think some people have a lot of nerve. Unless something is posted in the wrong category just to get more traffic to it, I think the seller should be able to put it where they think it goes. I would think that telling a seller something like that should come from whoever is the moderator. I don't see how someone could say it's not a child's bracelet from just a picture anyway.

Sorry, that you got such a rude email. Sure hope I don't get one. I'm not a calm person so might have a rude answer for them.

Joyce
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to personally get one of these emails.
I have 9 stores - just pick one, lol

I thought by looking what the heck that is a kids - looks like a kids to me anyway. But what do I know.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
I do think some people have a lot of nerve. Unless something is posted in the wrong category just to get more traffic to it, I think the seller should be able to put it where they think it goes.
Joyce

That's the dumbest thing about this whole mis-categorizing thing. If you are going to the trouble of having a store, supposedly you want to make money and have the best possible placement for your items. That means putting it in the best possible category.

I understand some deliberate misplacements even though they would be against the rules. EX: a new price book about antiques in the antique category; silver cloth and polish in the silver category; super-duper stain remover in the linens; a shoe tote bag in the shoes; scarf clips in the scarves.

What boggles my mind is the people who put boxing boots and wireless routers in antiques and postcards in Art prints. They are absolutely hiding their items.

As for the bracelet, there is absolutely no way a person could look at the picture and know absolutely it isn't for a child. That's like saying an earring is for ladies only. Maybe once upon a time but not today at least in my neighborhood.
dakotaexchange

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polly,

Check you PM's, please.
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. I think its just right - and so in fashion for today's young ladies - glad it all got worked out - Dawn
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: