eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Want to get more traffic from Google Products ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abbystreasures

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's a big help!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
manndigital

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Attributes help Reply with quote

I'm getting most of my attributes right for the digital SLR, accept for the last one

[!mpn:2756B003!]
[!color:black!]
[!screen_Size:3.0"!]
[!brand:canon!]
[!megapixels:12.4!]
[!product_type:digital camera!]
[!display_type:lcd!]
[!format:secure digital!]
[!resolution:4272x2848!]

********** [!model:Eos Rebel Xsi 450d!] ************* Don't I need to put int he model number?
acread

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Attributes help Reply with quote

manndigital wrote:
I'm getting most of my attributes right for the digital SLR, accept for the last one

[!mpn:2756B003!]
[!resolution:4272x2848!]

********** [!model:Eos Rebel Xsi 450d!] ************* Don't I need to put int he model number?

"model" is not one of the attributes supported by eCrater. Just put it in your title which is submitted as "title" attribute. So it will be entered.
manndigital

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: How long does it take to post to google shopping? Reply with quote

I was wondering how long it usually takes to see my product post on google after getting all the attributes done? All I needed to do was the attributes right? Or are there other things I need to do so my item will appear in google shopping search results?
manndigital

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: How long does it take to post to google shopping? Reply with quote

I was wondering how long it usually takes to see my product post on google after getting all the attributes done? All I needed to do was the attributes right? Or are there other things I need to do so my item will appear in google shopping search results?

ACREAD thanks for answering my other question.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
item will appear in google shopping search results

Usually within a few days of listing the items.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: How long does it take to post to google shopping? Reply with quote

manndigital wrote:
All I needed to do was the attributes right? Or are there other things I need to do so my item will appear in google shopping search results?

Your products appearing at Google Product search is not a direct result of adding the attributes. No matter what eCrater feeds them through Google their Google Base account. Some of the info you entered are submitted as Google Attributes. So your products will appear even if you do not enter a single attribute yourself. However adding more helps. Adding words that will be used by buyers in the search will help even more.

That is all you can do for Google Product Search.

It's like BigTall said it takes a few day. eCrater submits the info but Google is not very fast at updating it. And no wonder considering how many sites and stores feed info to Google.
manndigital

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: it's been over 1 week now. Reply with quote

Still not posted on google shopping. Sad
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: it's been over 1 week now. Reply with quote

manndigital wrote:
Still not posted on google shopping. Sad

There is one item with the exact title as yours at product search (store from eBay). If the description is also same Google Base may be seeing it as double content.

Or it could be that Google don't work during the holidays so it is a bit delayed.
manndigital

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Been 2 weeks now, still not Posted to Google Shopping. Reply with quote

I don't know what I did wrong. I've done exactly everything that I can. My product is still not posting for some odd reason.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Been 2 weeks now, still not Posted to Google Shopping. Reply with quote

manndigital wrote:
I don't know what I did wrong. I've done exactly everything that I can. My product is still not posting for some odd reason.

YOU have one item.
Last I knew Google base required at less 20 items per store before the feed would be accepted.
bearclothing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to put my attributes in, but I'm getting really confused on why there are two different columns. "Attribute Name" and "Attribute Value."

If I am selling a red shirt, where would I put

[!color:red!] ?

Thanks. I am really excited about my store!
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearclothing wrote:
I'm trying to put my attributes in, but I'm getting really confused on why there are two different columns. "Attribute Name" and "Attribute Value."

If I am selling a red shirt, where would I put

[!color:red!] ?

Thanks. I am really excited about my store!

IF you manually type it at the bottom of your description then you type it like you have it - [!color:red!]
IF you click on the G icon or go to the google tab of the listing
then color should be typed in the NAME and red in the VALUE
color is the attribute name and red is the color so therefore it is the value
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attribute name is the name of the quality. That is like color, size, length, material, etc. So those words would be attribute name and would be entered in the box under Attribute name (one in each box. Like color in first box, then size in the box below it etc.)

Attribute value is what specific item characteristics that corresponds to the quality mentioned above. That is words like red, 7, leather, etc. They will be entered in the box on the right side under Attribute value.

So for example to get [!color:red!] entered, you either type exactly that in the description area at the very bottom as [!color:red!]

OR as an alternative entry method (without typing it in the description area) you use the attribute table and in line 1 in the box on the left you type the word color (nothing else) and in the box in the right you type the word red.

And when you save eCrater automatically puts it in the correct format which is [!color:red!] in the bottom of the description area.

The attribute table was created much later to help sellers enter the attributes with ease and correctly.

If you read more of this topic you will see I have explained all this stuff a few times before.
bearclothing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I skimmed the topic and must have missed it. Thank you so much for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: