eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Want to get more traffic from Google Products ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bling-lights

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homeandbodyessence wrote:
bling-lights wrote

Quote:
can someone give me some attributes to use for the link below, as an example?

http://bling-lights.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6283140

You can also add:

[!product_type:halogen fog light kit!][!department:automotive, parts!][!style:angel eyes!][!manufacturer:BlingLights!][!feature:fog lamps with built-in halo rings!][!brand:nissan altima!][!installation:mounting bracket system!][!year:2007, 2008, 2009!][!made_in:...!] (... is the name of country where your product was made).

Those are the only ones that I could think of. Hope it helps,

Val

thanks i will add those to all of my listings.

and for year i can put those 3 all at once with commas?
and is the department automotive, parts correct too? i just dont get what is correct for google and what doesnt work =\
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bling-lights wrote:

You probably can't enter more than one year. I had one such item. And it was giving error message (or so eCrater told me. This was before the Google Base tab started displaying the info tough). So pick a year.

The 2007-2009 might not work as you expect either. The computer may see that as a single thing instead of an interval and unless the person doing the searching enters 2007-2009 your product might not get picked up.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and is the department automotive, parts correct too? i just dont get what is correct for google and what doesnt work =\

acread may be correct about the years. I need to do more research about it.

About the [!department:automotive, parts!]: department "automotive" is ecrater's global category and the global sub category for your item should be "parts". Make sure you list your fog light kit item in those categories as well. You can separate those two terms with a comma. I'm pretty sure you can do that as I've been doing the same thing to my listings & haven't had any errors/problems.

Last edited by homeandbodyessence on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
bling-lights wrote:

You probably can't enter more than one year. I had one such item. And it was giving error message (or so eCrater told me. This was before the Google Base tab started displaying the info tough). So pick a year.

The 2007-2009 might not work as you expect either. The computer may see that as a single thing instead of an interval and unless the person doing the searching enters 2007-2009 your product might not get picked up.

I have never had a problem using multiple years / dates
acread

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
acread wrote:
bling-lights wrote:

I have never had a problem using multiple years / dates

Well I had and that is why I wrote it here. But things may have changed. I do not get informed of everything eCrater changes.

Feel free to ignore any and all info and advice I give Smile
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For books the "year" is the publication date but I don't really know how flexible the attributes are supposed to be. Maybe it depends on the product_type or something, who knows.

As far as department goes, my understanding is that it's sort of like what department in a store would your product go in. In this case I think "automotive, parts" (or maybe "automotive, accessories"?) is what I'd choose too.
BargainsByIrene

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing that I put in works for me. I think it is a waste of time. I have spent hours putting in things and it says it doesnt accept it. forget it.
too confusing
acread

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BargainsByIrene wrote:
nothing that I put in works for me. I think it is a waste of time. I have spent hours putting in things and it says it doesnt accept it. forget it.
too confusing

Did you read the topic on Google Analytics in the FAQ and Solutions section. I did post on how you should enter them. Read the whole topic tough.
FAQ and Solutions: http://community.ecrater.com/viewforum.php?f=13

Google Attributes topic http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=5937

The way and format the attributes are entered depends on where you are doing the entering. If you are typing it in the description then you need to use the square brackets etc. If you are entering them in the table. Then you don't use the brackets etc.

Read the topic I suggested. It gives exact detail.
Cambiz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Google Attributes and placement Reply with quote

Hihi referring to the post.. where do we add the attributes? At end of my product description?? But will it show up on the categories page (as in the title as it is) because i tot that's really messy.. Kindly advise as i'm totally confused! Thanks!

bling-lights wrote:
homeandbodyessence wrote:
bling-lights wrote

Quote:
can someone give me some attributes to use for the link below, as an example?

http://bling-lights.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6283140

You can also add:

[!product_type:halogen fog light kit!][!department:automotive, parts!][!style:angel eyes!][!manufacturer:BlingLights!][!feature:fog lamps with built-in halo rings!][!brand:nissan altima!][!installation:mounting bracket system!][!year:2007, 2008, 2009!][!made_in:...!] (... is the name of country where your product was made).

Those are the only ones that I could think of. Hope it helps,

Val

thanks i will add those to all of my listings.

wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attributes and placement Reply with quote

Cambiz wrote:
Hihi referring to the post.. where do we add the attributes? At end of my product description?? But will it show up on the categories page (as in the title as it is) because i tot that's really messy.. Kindly advise as i'm totally confused! Thanks!

If the attributes are entered correctly, nothing shows in the description. The easiest way to add them if you are creating a new listing is to create the listing, add & exit, then add the attributes to it. Find the listing in the Products list, click the big "G" button out to the right, then fill in the attributes in the chart that comes up. The attribute itself goes in the left column, like "size," and the value goes in the right column, like "medium." Be sure to update at the bottom.

I create almost all of my listings by using the Copy function, copying an existing listing, and if you do that, you can enter the attributes as you create them.

If you make an error in spelling the attribute ("siez" instead of "size") or try to use one that is not supported by Ecrater, you will get a message to let you know so that you can correct it.
Hope that helps!
Becky
SerendipityCollections

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I have a question as I am very confused. I have Japanese anime collectibles.. What is wrong with my attributes...

!author:naoko takeuchi! naoko takeuchi
!genre:anime shoujo! anime shoujo
!year:1994! 1994
!artist:naoko takeuchi! naoko Takeuchi
!production_type:shitajiki! Shitajiki

Maybe I am reading something wrong with how to list them..?? Any help would be lovely.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerendipityCollections wrote:
Ok so I have a question as I am very confused. I have Japanese anime collectibles.. What is wrong with my attributes...

!author:naoko takeuchi! naoko takeuchi
!genre:anime shoujo! anime shoujo
!year:1994! 1994
!artist:naoko takeuchi! naoko Takeuchi
!production_type:shitajiki! Shitajiki

Maybe I am reading something wrong with how to list them..?? Any help would be lovely.

try doing it like this ...

[!author:naoko takeuchi!]
[!genre:anime shoujo!]
[!year:1994!]
[!artist:naoko takeuchi!]
[!production_type:shitajiki!]
SerendipityCollections

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am completely stumped. I typed in exactly what you had there and it tells me it's not enough. IF all of that goes on one side what goes on the other under Value ??
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am completely stumped. I typed in exactly what you had there and it tells me it's not enough. IF all of that goes on one side what goes on the other under Value ??

Quote:
[!author:naoko takeuchi!]
[!genre:anime shoujo!]
[!year:1994!]
[!artist:naoko takeuchi!]
[!production_type:shitajiki!]

THE ABOVE AS IT'S WRITTEN GOES AT RGE BOTTOM OF YOUR DESCRIPTION

you also need
isbn
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to add them in the 2 columns, with Attribute on the left and Value on the right, omit all the punctuation marks and put author in the left column and naoko takeuchi in the right column under Value. (don't make them bold; I just did that for emphasis.)

There are 2 ways to enter attributes and you can choose the way you prefer. You'll find some sellers prefer one, some prefer the other. The way that cosmicray showed you would go at the end of the description box, or you can do them in the 2 columns. It will work fine either way, provided you don't have any errors in punctuation or spelling. Don't capitalize the attributes either, that will give an error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: