eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Want to get more traffic from Google Products ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hygt369

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: I would like to ask an actual product can be used as an exam Reply with quote

I store all of the products can not edit attributes GOOGLE. Is not before the feature editor GOOGLE need to apply for this service in order to obtain its authorization, the possibility of using one example of a right?
Examples:RM975 MP5 Player 4GB 3.0 inch LCD and 2.0MP Camera

Storage Capacity: 4 GB
Features: Address Book, Camera, FM Stereo Tuner, Games, Radio Recorder, Video Playback, Voice Recorder
Condition: New

Display : 3.0 inch TFT LCD
Resolution : QVGA 400x240 pixels
Camera : 2.0 MP
Capacity : 4 GB
Muisc formats : mp3, wav, wma, ogg, aac, ape, flac
Video formats : avi, rm, rmvb, flv
Image formats : JPEG, BMP, GIF
E-book : TXT
Movie playback : 30fps
FM radio : Yes, built in, support car FM transmit
Power supply : Li-ion battery
Working time : 15 hours (music playback)
Interface : USB2.0
Speaker : Yes, built in

How should I edit the example above products will be able to let properties GOOGLE base GOOGLE confirm that as soon as possible to facilitate the guests to find the product above.

If you can edit, please post the correct format.

Want your help. Thank you!

Good luck!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: I would like to ask an actual product can be used as an Reply with quote

hygt369 wrote:
I store all of the products can not edit attributes GOOGLE. Is not before the feature editor GOOGLE need to apply for this service in order to obtain its authorization, the possibility of using one example of a right?
How should I edit the example above products will be able to let properties GOOGLE base GOOGLE confirm that as soon as possible to facilitate the guests to find the product above.

It sounds like you are trying to enter Google Base attributes at Google.

You are not supposed to do a Google Base feed on your own. eCrater automatically does that for all sellers.

This topic is about entering Google Attributes in your products in eCrater account.

All you need to do it open your eCrater account.
Go to Products section
Next to the name of the product names there are 5 buttons
Click on the one that says G on it
That will open the table where you enter the attribute names and values.
(There is a blue question mark on the top right side of the table, click on it to see all the attribute names you can use paired with attribute value examples. Those are the only ones you can enter at eCrater.)

Please read the following: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=112612#112612

Do NOT do a Google Base feed on your own. Just fill the table for your products at eCrater.
Bestprice4Uperiod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Google search Reply with quote

I have opened up my new eCRATER store and have noticed soon after a lot of my listings were showing up in google search already. I have recently added attributes to them and now they are not showing up? Is this because I made changes to the listings? I double checked my attributes and they are in the correct format.

Any help would be great
Thanks
Bruce
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Google search Reply with quote

Bestprice4Uperiod wrote:
I have opened up my new eCRATER store and have noticed soon after a lot of my listings were showing up in google search already. I have recently added attributes to them and now they are not showing up? Is this because I made changes to the listings? I double checked my attributes and they are in the correct format.

Any help would be great
Thanks
Bruce

If you store at e Bay with the same name is still active and has the same items with the same title and descriptions that violates Google Base terms. They have a strict rule against duplicate content submission. Hence they only show one set.

Just looked at your store. You only have 3 items in there. One of them came up in search results at Google Shopping. The other two have exact same title with only one word different. (That may not be enough to show they are different). The title is too generic. There were tons of other stores selling same item with same title. Change the title (shuffle the words around. Have different words in the title) and description (same as title). Add more words (keywords) to your titles.

Also it takes 3-7 days for newly lited items to show at Google Shopping.
Bestprice4Uperiod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Google search Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Bestprice4Uperiod wrote:

Any help would be great
Thanks
Bruce

If you store at e Bay with the same name is still active and has the same items with the same title and descriptions that violates Google Base terms. They have a strict rule against duplicate content submission. Hence they only show one set.

Just looked at your store. You only have 3 items in there. One of them came up in search results at Google Shopping. The other two have exact same title with only one word different. (That may not be enough to show they are different). The title is too generic. There were tons of other stores selling same item with same title. Change the title (shuffle the words around. Have different words in the title) and description (same as title). Add more words (keywords) to your titles.

Also it takes 3-7 days for newly lited items to show at Google Shopping.

I appriciate your quick reply. Actually I have 3 eCRATER stores the other being bestprice4uperiod1 & bestprice4uperiod2.

I sell alot of Sea Eagle products at bestprice4uperiod1 and I rmember doing a search for my products and they were coming up in google ..sometimes at the top of the search. So it wasnt a problem. but ver since I added thee Attributes to the listings they no longer come up. Does it take eCRATER a few days for it to reconize the updated product with the attributes?

I guess what im trying to say is basically they were showing up but now they are not.
Thanks
Bruce
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Google search Reply with quote

Bestprice4Uperiod wrote:
I appriciate your quick reply. Actually I have 3 eCRATER stores the other being bestprice4uperiod1 & bestprice4uperiod2.

I sell alot of Sea Eagle products at bestprice4uperiod1 and I rmember doing a search for my products and they were coming up in google ..sometimes at the top of the search. So it wasnt a problem. but ver since I added thee Attributes to the listings they no longer come up. Does it take eCRATER a few days for it to reconize the updated product with the attributes?

That is just a coincidence in timing. Adding attributes does not remove you or push you down in Google Shopping results. But posting the same product info on more than one website that feeds info to Google will. e Bay does and so does eCrater. So you are doing duplicate submission (if you listed the same things in any two of the stores you mentioned.
Quote:
I guess what im trying to say is basically they were showing up but now they are not.
Thanks
Bruce

Because it takes time for Google to locate the duplicate submission. It doesn't occur during the submission of feed. The control of the stuff that is violating is a separate thing done later and at random I think. But once they catch the suppress you. Then you need to remove or change the listings on one of the website (or more depending how many copies of them there are) and then maybe it will return to what it was.

It is not the Attributes that is causing it. Everyone puts them in. I have them in my listings. Didn't stop my items appearing at Google Shopping.
Bestprice4Uperiod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Google search Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Bestprice4Uperiod wrote:

That is just a coincidence in timing. Adding attributes does not remove you or push you down in Google Shopping results. But posting the same product info on more than one website that feeds info to Google will. e Bay does and so does eCrater. So you are doing duplicate submission (if you listed the same things in any two of the stores you mentioned.
Quote:
Thanks
Bruce

Because it takes time for Google to locate the duplicate submission. It doesn't occur during the submission of feed. The control of the stuff that is violating is a separate thing done later and at random I think. But once they catch the suppress you. Then you need to remove or change the listings on one of the website (or more depending how many copies of them there are) and then maybe it will return to what it was.

It is not the Attributes that is causing it. Everyone puts them in. I have them in my listings. Didn't stop my items appearing at Google Shopping.

So like what you said before is to add some unique words into the listing is the best thing to do. Basically make the description different then what I have on eBay?

The thing is they are mostly different then the eBay listings. on eBay i have the word NEW in the title or like fishing boat in the title and I took all that stuff out when i listed them on eCRATER. Do i need to even differentiate them more or would adding more attributes help or not. Is it the listing that matters more when it comes to getting the top search results?

I really appreciate the help.
Thanks
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Google search Reply with quote

Bestprice4Uperiod wrote:
So like what you said before is to add some unique words into the listing is the best thing to do. Basically make the description different then what I have on eBay?

I belive that is exactly what I said. Make your titles and descriptions as different as you can. One word difference may not be enough of a difference to convince Google it is a different item. They compare the two texts and I think the difference has to be above a certain percentage of the text. (No I don't know what exactly that percentage is. Google doesn't tell people that much. They just don't want one person going from site to site putting up the same thing on 10 different places making it look like there are 10 of that item instead there being only one. This is their way of stopping that behaviour.)
Quote:
The thing is they are mostly different then the eBay listings. on eBay i have the word NEW in the title or like fishing boat in the title and I took all that stuff out when i listed them on eCRATER. Do i need to even differentiate them more or would adding more attributes help or not.

Adding attributes does not make your title and description different. Google never sees the Attributes you add. Only eCrater sees them and uses them in different locations than the description to put them in the feed. So no, changing attributes does not make them different.
Quote:
Is it the listing that matters more when it comes to getting the top search results?

I don't know what matters more. You need to ask that to Google Shopping. And I doubt they would answer you. They don't like people trying to manipulate ranks.

It is important to have many items that are related to each other. The more items you have the higher the ranking would be.

Also matching the attributes to the words people would search fr would help.

As well as having the same keywords in your description.

But how much they are important compared to each other I don't know. Only Google would.
Bestprice4Uperiod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Google search Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Bestprice4Uperiod wrote:

I belive that is exactly what I said. Make your titles and descriptions as different as you can. One word difference may not be enough of a difference to convince Google it is a different item. They compare the two texts and I think the difference has to be above a certain percentage of the text. (No I don't know what exactly that percentage is. Google doesn't tell people that much. They just don't want one person going from site to site putting up the same thing on 10 different places making it look like there are 10 of that item instead there being only one. This is their way of stopping that behaviour.)
Quote:
The thing is they are mostly different then the eBay listings. on eBay i have the word NEW in the title or like fishing boat in the title and I took all that stuff out when i listed them on eCRATER. Do i need to even differentiate them more or would adding more attributes help or not.

Adding attributes does not make your title and description different. Google never sees the Attributes you add. Only eCrater sees them and uses them in different locations than the description to put them in the feed. So no, changing attributes does not make them different.
Quote:
Is it the listing that matters more when it comes to getting the top search results?

I don't know what matters more. You need to ask that to Google Shopping. And I doubt they would answer you. They don't like people trying to manipulate ranks.

It is important to have many items that are related to each other. The more items you have the higher the ranking would be.

Also matching the attributes to the words people would search fr would help.

As well as having the same keywords in your description.

But how much they are important compared to each other I don't know. Only Google would.

WOW grat info.
On other thing I noticed....I am starting to see alot of my eCRATER listings in the google products page but it seams like once they are in google products they are not in the regular google search anymore. Is this normal? I am happy they are in google products but was wondering if this is a normal thing that happens?
Thanks
acread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Google search Reply with quote

Bestprice4Uperiod wrote:
On other thing I noticed....I am starting to see alot of my eCRATER listings in the google products page but it seams like once they are in google products they are not in the regular google search anymore.

They are probably there, but there is way more competition at the search engine so you probably didn't look far enough.

Plus Google takes a while to crawl sites. Maybe they just haven't crawl the new additions yet.

To speed it you are supposed to submit your site url (look at the Search Engine topic in the FAQ and Solutions section of the forum. I will not repeat everything on this topic.)
Quote:
Is this normal? I am happy they are in google products but was wondering if this is a normal thing that happens?

I have no clue as to what you are talking about. I don't have such trouble. But I do work a bit on my Search Engine Optimization (see topic in FAQ and Solutions).
bling-lights

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still having a bit of trouble with this, I dont really see my category.

for example, I want to put up some attributes for my fog lights but only thing i can think of using is the YEAR =\

can someone give me some attributes to use for the link below, as an example?

http://bling-lights.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6283140

these are the only ones i could think of putting...
[!color:black!][!material:metal!][!year:2007-2009!][!brand:nissan!]

are there attributes where i can describe the type of car? like year/make/model?

thank you
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bling-lights wrote

Quote:

You can also add:

[!product_type:halogen fog light kit!][!department:automotive, parts!][!style:angel eyes!][!manufacturer:BlingLights!][!feature:fog lamps with built-in halo rings!][!brand:nissan altima!][!installation:mounting bracket system!][!year:2007, 2008, 2009!][!made_in:...!] (... is the name of country where your product was made).

Those are the only ones that I could think of. Hope it helps,

Val
acread

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bling-lights wrote:

these are the only ones i could think of putting...
[!color:black!][!material:metal!][!year:2007-2009!][!brand:nissan!]

are there attributes where i can describe the type of car? like year/make/model?

Since you already typed that info in the name of the product they are already fed as attributes. That is the product name is submitted by eCrater as "title" attribute. So anything in the title is searchable in Google Product Search. You don't need to repeat it in the other attributes you are entering.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure about that. Nobody really has a tight handle on how Google uses those attributes (or will use them in the future). To my thinking, repeating title keywords as attributes more accurately categorizes the information.

Is the string of numbers "2007 2008 2009" part of the product's title or is it actually the model year the product is used for?

That may not be the best example but maybe you see what I mean. I keep waiting for Google to make their attributes something that can actually be filtered in searches. On this page, for example, it seems like Google's attributes should be included in that lefthand column.
bling-lights

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
I'm not quite sure about that. Nobody really has a tight handle on how Google uses those attributes (or will use them in the future). To my thinking, repeating title keywords as attributes more accurately categorizes the information.

Is the string of numbers "2007 2008 2009" part of the product's title or is it actually the model year the product is used for?

That may not be the best example but maybe you see what I mean. I keep waiting for Google to make their attributes something that can actually be filtered in searches. On this page, for example, it seems like Google's attributes should be included in that lefthand column.

those are the years its compatible with .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: