eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone know a good music video I could look for?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Anyone know a good music video I could look for? Reply with quote

I need help. Robynne's developmental delay means we haven't had to keep up with the current fads for clothes & music because she doesn't get into them (that's a good thing I'm thinkin'!) but it also means that when birthdays and Christmas roll around we are so out of the loop we don't know what to look for. She doesn't care about clothes much but she loves music videos and musicals. We don't want to unknowingly get her a music video with heavy metal, swearing and stupid stage antics. She loves Shania and Hilary Duff (ugh) but has gotten away from Celine since Shania entered the house. Please, I can't endure any of those teeney boppers that are in all the gossip columns so does anyone know of a good singer who has a nice, entertaining music video out? She tends to lean towards female singers more.

Off topic. I found a spelling error in one of my item titles! Rat crap!

Thanks for any help you can give me regarding the music video. Her birthday is in November! 23!!!! Crying or Very sad I'm getting old!
Vickie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kimskorner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, well my daughter is 11 but has been seriously into music ever since she could talk.

My two favorites of her preferred female singers are Hanna Montana and Hilary Duff. They both "appear" to stay out of the nasty gossip columns for the most part and their songs don't make me cringe. LOL
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've never heard of Hanna Montana. Would I look for her in the pop (or whatever they call it now) section or is she a western singer? I will definitely look for her! I've had about all I can take of Hilary - a couple of music videos and a movie listened to endlessly have pretty much given me my fill but I suppose this isn't about me is it? What am I saying? Of course it is! I have to listen too! Laughing

Hanna Montana.

Take care Vickie
kimskorner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of Hanna Montana huh? She has a show on the Disney channel where she is a regular girl by day and a singer by night. Supposedly people don't know she's really "Hanna Montana"

Her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus, plays in the show with her. I guess I'm not sure if her CD/Video would be under Hanna Montana or Mylie Cyrus.

She was recently here in Omaha and the concert was labeled "Hanna Montana" so I'm assuming that's what the other stuff is.

And oh yes....we've a couple of the Hilary movies! I think my daughter knows them by heart, especially Cinderella Story. But it's better than some of that crap that's out now.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what kind of age range you're looking for but I love this DVD:

Here Come the ABCs
by They Might Be Giants

link to Amazon listing - http://tinyurl.com/2yw3y2

There's also a regular CD of the same music.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: