eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help! Am I doing something wrong? Is this a problem site?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
estellasbookstore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Help! Am I doing something wrong? Is this a problem site? Reply with quote

Hello, I am having problems building a store. I have read the FAQ area and have followed all of the suggestions, only to get a blank page and in the lower left corner of the blank page it shows the word "done", then looking upward to the tool bar there is a message stating the following: "This address is restricted. This address uses a network port which is normally used for purposes other than Web browsing. Firefox has canceled the request for your protection." Is there an unseen problem with this site? I sure hope that the site is a safe one. Please comment. Thanks.

Is there a limit on the number of stores I can build?
brandybrookdesigns

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Firefox on this site and I haven't had any issues. I, like the previous poster, am dumb as a box of rocks on many issues such as this. But I did want to let you know that I don't have problems with Firefox on this site. Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about will see this and help you out!

Lori
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try rebooting you machine.

I use IE6 and have no issues with ecrater.com site

Quote:
Is there a limit on the number of stores I can build?

Each store requires a different email to open it, once opened you can put any email you want into the send emails to area.
You can use the same PayPal account and the same GC account.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Firefox 2 and haven't seen that problem.

I'd go with BT's advice -- try rebooting and clearing the cache and see if that helps.

Also, do you get this problem when you try to go to the site, create a listing, upload a picture or...?
estellasbookstore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to do anything. I can't even begin to start building the first step. Is it necessary to fill out "tell about yourself first?" anyhow; when I click on any link on the admin page it opens a page but it is totally blank and in the lower left corner of the page is simply states "done" and nothing else occurs. Thanks to all for the help and your Welcome. I am building this store for my wife, so you will most likely see me here often.
Hubby John
binkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Is it necessary to fill out "tell about yourself first?"

No it isn't.

Have you tried Internet Explorer instead of FireFox?

One way to correct some problems with FireFox and NOT have to open MIE is to download and install the FireFox extension IE Tab.

You can download it here:
http://www.download.com/IE-Tab/3000-11745_4-10748047.html?tag=lst-1

If you want to open eCRATER in FF and see it as you would in MIE then in the set up of IE Tab then add http://www.ecrater.com/*

You can add as many sites as you want to the tab and of course when you want to remove them you can.

If you want to get your Windows updates thru FF then add http://*update.microsoft.com/*

Remember to add the /* at the end of each site so it will open all of that site as in MIE.
estellasbookstore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: I haven't been able to do anything. I can't even begin to st Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestions. This morning I still had the same problem. I remembered that I had a similar problem in the past and I couldn't access the program. I found after days of fighting the problem that if I unplugged the computer and replugged it the problem disappeared. Guess what! The problem disappeared. I guess there was a glitch in the computer that required a total disconnect from the power line. Anyhow, thanks a lot for your help. I should have the store up and run soon. Have a great day! John
kimskorner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurry and list some books!!! Surprised
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird! Glad you got it fixed.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you have solved your problems. Just read your terms page. The information you give re shipping leaves you open to problems. You haven't listed items yet but when the shipping to US and Canada shows $0.00 buyers will believe shipping is free.

You can use a shipping matrix which goes by weight or you can enter a fixed rate for US mainland, Hawaii, Alaska and Canada. Your handling charge should be added into your stated shipping fee.

Having to email and wait for a seller to respond with the shipping fee is a deterrent for sales. It's one thing when they know they will get a discount for combined shipping but when they are only buying one book, they don't want to wait. Part of the appeal of buying on line is that it is easy and fast. Having to wait for an invoice allows time for buyers remorse to set in.
hft5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: going crazy Reply with quote

i have now uploaded a new pic for logo and avatar maybe twenty odd times each. Then, it goes back to the orifginal rubbish picture i started off with. and yes, i am pressing reset. getting really frustrasted now. been at this site building lark for five hours and so far have thwe wrong logo and one product in the wrong section.
hft5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: oh... Reply with quote

only just now ive looked at it and its ok...strange! why did it not show me the changes as i made them??
hft5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: oh no it isnt.. Reply with quote

ok so i appear to now have two items for sale. great . lol. problem is, sayi click on my No07 face cream...it says theres no such item for sale. WHAT is wrong with this site? is it just me? and what happens when i want to list 13 different styles of make up bags in five different sizes and costs, like i have been before ebay became a******s and threw me off for buiyers saying items didnt arrive when i know they did?!? PLEASE someone help me! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Welcome to eCrater. The thread you joined has been idle since 2007 (close to when eCrater began).

The image you are speaking of (upper left corner of the home page) was uploaded 128x68px. The correct size should be 250x68px.

I see one item offered for sale, and not two.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see one item also and your logo is unreadable.

Also since you are just starting, don't use all caps. That is considered yelling on line. It is also hard to read. You have at least one typo that I noticed... lockabe...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: