eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Coupon Store Happenings
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Promote Your eCRATER Store
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreatCouponDiscounts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Coupon Store Happenings Reply with quote

I believe I read a posting in a thread somewhere that BigTallMensClothing was allowing ONE topic posting here on your store. Assuming I read that right, lol, I'll start this one and use it as an ongoing thread to post up-to-date information. And if I misunderstood, I know BTMC will make this my first and last posting in here, lol. (And I apologize in advance if I am in error.)

First and foremost, I want to add my "thanks" to BTMC. You do a heck of a job - 9 online businesses, moderating, sleeping, eating, etc? Don't know how you do it, but thanks for all that you do here.

I love the sense of community here. I have read quite a number of threads in the forums. I've been so busy with my store the last week that I haven't posted much in the forums yet, but I will get back to some of them and do so. The atmosphere here is one I haven't found anywhere else - I hope as ecrater grows and changes, that THAT never changes.

Okay, down to business. For those of you that read this, I would love you to post your feedback, suggestions, comments, questions, etc., on my store as this goes along. After all, that's one of the things people in a community do, right? I spent the last week working on it, and believe I quadrupled my listings from 48 to about 191. That will grow, too, but time for a brief break first...

The store will be put on a vacation "Hold" from the night of 10/30 until the night of 11/3. I'm going to Disneyland in California. Then I'll be back to clip, post and promote using some of the info in threads I've read. Until then...have fun and happy selling (and Happy Halloween!).

David
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You read right.
This is your official BRAG ABOUT YOUR ITEMS topic! LOL

Have fun in Disneyland!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can pick up a few coupons for Disney admissions, they would probably sell well.

I still think you must have a mind like a computerized file system to keep this all straight for no money.

Okay I just saw something that would drive me up the wall if in your shoes.

The Fancy Feast cat food coupons. 2 expire end November but 2 are good until January. That means you have to end that listing at the end of Nov and relist the other 2, assuming it hasn't sold.
GreatCouponDiscounts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, thelivesandloves...I'll see if they have coupons and bring some back with me! Thanks for the idea, hadn't thought of it, lol.

The Fancy Feast listing isn't as problematic as you might think. Those come out often enough that I can just Edit the listing rather than start over again - change the number of coupons and expiration dates on the old ones with the new ones I've received, then Update and I'm done.

djpoor...I put the coupons with the closest expiration date in the front of each category envelope I have. That way, I know which ones to go right to in my store and delete or update. Yes, it's a lot of work - I can attest to that!

David
GreatCouponDiscounts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, back from vacation and back up - had a wonderful, relaxing time. Smile

Couple new things:

1) First sale THE NIGHT before I took off on vacation, lol. Woooohoooo! Not bad for just a week after first opening (thank you, Ecrater!).

2) I have instituted a new feature, Freebie of the Day, at the top of my Home page with details in the FAQ. Seen others do that elsewhere and sounded like a wonderful idea, so I'm trying it out.

191 items to 233 and more to come. Have a great week, everybody!

David
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just wonderful about your sales. Glad you had a nice time. Dawn
GreatCouponDiscounts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now crossed 300 listings and a stack to still get back on today (and more booklets behind those, lol), so should end up with at least 350-400 listings during the week. Many additions next 2-3 days in just about every Category and subcategory. I also update existing listings as the manufacturer issues more of the same coupons, so if you see a listing with 3 or 4 coupons but you want more, check back - many do get more added.

I have begun incorporating the shipping payment etc. info on each listing (thank you, Notepad, lol) - I think they may help those who didn't want to go looking in FAQ for that info.

And if anyone has ideas on what you use as attributes for coupons (brand name and upc maybe?), let me know. I'm at a loss as to think of much that I can add to a coupon listing to help in my Google Product searches.

David
GreatCouponDiscounts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now at 430 listings. Updated some existing listings and many new ones in categories such as Cat and Dog Food, Food Grocery, Health and Beauty, OTC Medicines, Home Decor and Household.

David

http://greatcoupondiscounts.ecrater.com
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy balls David! You have been busy! I went to look at your store and couldn't believe how much...???...well...'MORE' it is than when I looked at it last! Incredible! You know what I like the most though? "President" That's perfect!

Glad you had a nice holiday. Oh and a big congratulations on that first sale!
Vickie
FRAMESnGIFTS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Shocked

Hey if you get any coffee coupons please let me know. I buy alot of decaf and could use coupons for them. Not the gourmet type just the regular kind.

Happy Turkey Day!
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude - you have been working hard - phewwww. You've done a good job - Dawn
GreatCouponDiscounts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks one and all. It has kept me very busy. Have a few more listings to finish posting tomorrow night before Turkey Day, then taking some time off over the long holiday weekend.

FRAMESnGIFTS: Will do. They haven't put out much in the way of coffee coupons lately. I'm sure I will get some at some point, will PM you when I do.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

David

http://greatcoupondiscounts.ecrater.com[/b]
kimskorner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey if you get any coffee coupons please let me know. I buy alot of decaf and could use coupons for them. Not the gourmet type just the regular kind.

You know you can go to his store and type in coffee and search. Not being a smart ass...just didn't know if you knew that.
GreatCouponDiscounts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now over 500 listings, and from what I can tell, I am now in the top 20 of the biggest online coupon only stores in America by total listings. Never thought I'd be in that company, but it feels pretty good.

Still time to get the Publix only coupons if you live near one, or the listings that modify or expire by 12/31. New listings this weekend in most categories including OTC Medicines, Pets, Food Grocery, Food Restaurant, Home Decor, and Health & Beauty. New booklets continue to arrive most every Sunday, so keep checking back.

David
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Yes, very impressive. You've been working hard and it shows. How have sales been? I'm still thinking about doing the coupon codes which would be complimentary to the paper coupons you're selling, just have to find the time. Maybe you could give me some pointers there!!

Ann
www.joyfulsleep.com
quality products for heavenly sleep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Promote Your eCRATER Store
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: