eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How does domain name work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: How does domain name work? Reply with quote

Hi when you get your domain @ Go.Daddy, will you still use your address from eCrater or just type in your name .co in web browser & it will appear in search?
I'm still confused about that, although I did get domain there.
Hopefully, someone will see this & have time to answer
Thank you,
tn.woman
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on go daddy you can forward you domain name to your ecrater site. That way on your business cards and other info you can use your domain name without the ecrater.com

This site is www.GagGiftsRUs.com - that is forwarded by go daddy to my ecrater.com store.

This one - www.BigNTallMensClothing.com has a home page and the linking (most of it) goes to ecrater.com.

Search engines prefer the non-forward URL name ... so submit your ecrater URL to them UNLESS you have a home page on your domain name. Even then I would submit both because most search engines give beeter ranking for where the product is actually at.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: