eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A new paypal scam email.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: A new paypal scam email. Reply with quote

Just got this. English is a bit bad for Paypal. Moreover it was not sent to the email associated with my account. Beware if you got one. It has been forwarded to PP.

Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites.

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at https://www.paypal.com/us/securitytips

Protect Your Password
You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.

Update Your Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has come to our attention that your PayPal billing information are out of date. This require you to update your billing information as soon as possible.
This billing update is also a new PayPal security statement which goes according to the established norms on our terms of service (TOS) to reduce the instance of fraud on our website.

Please update your records on or before October 29, 2007. A failure to update your records may result on a suspension of your account.

To update your PayPal records click on the following link:
http://www.paypal.com/us/

This new security statement will helps us continue to offer PayPal as a secure and cost-effective payment service. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely,
The PayPal Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP295
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've gotten a few of them in the past. I just forward them straight to spoof@paypal.com(I think thats the correct email address), and Paypal emails me back within about 15 minutes telling me it wasn't from them(of course).

I've even gotten a couple from eBay and Yahoo auctions(when Yahoo had auctions). Their pretty easy to spot.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, most of these are pretty easy to spot -- but you've got to pay attention to what the real ones look like and how they read...
somethingpretty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: This looks familiar Reply with quote

had a lot of them last summer. It's been awhile now since I have seen one though. They always show up about this time of year. Just be careful and don't clink on any link from a email -supposedly, from Pay Pal. It only takes one bad click to cause you a lot of headaches, and problems.
Bettye
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: